0.117: Quick Bar, compact header, a YAML editor, XBox and Template types

My Yeelights are still working fine on 0.117.2

was getting these same errors folks experienced in 116.

I was going from 114 to 117 so not sure if that was it but i tried manually adding them and using the integration but neither worked. So just rolled back from a snapshot.

Something is seriously wrong with 117.2. Specifically with the REST template sensors.

I upgraded from 116.4 to 117.2 and the whole HA never came back up. The homeassistant.log stopped around the 5th line of log with the usual warnings but the lovelace interface was not available.

I opened the supervisor to check the logs and all I could see was a bunch of:

[supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
[supervisor.homeassistant.api] Error on call http://172.30.32.1:8123/api/config

There were no more errors in the supervisor logs not the home assistant logs. I noticed someone mentioned here issues with their REST sensors becoming unavailable so I started to yank pieces out of my configuration.yaml until I reached the sensors.

After removing the sensors and rebooting the HA lovelace interface came back online. When I enabled the sensors the interface would never load after a reboot. Then I just went in and commented all the REST template sensors and rebooted, and the HA started with no issues.

I ended up going back to a snapshot of 116.4 I made this morning before updating. So if anybody’s HA just hangs or becomes unresponsive after upgrading to 117.2 you might as well check your sensors and try removing the REST template sensors to see if it will allow it to get the GUI back for you.

Best of luck! :3rd_place_medal:

Rest sensor fix is in 0.117.3 (just released).

1 Like

0.117.3 Broke by BMW connected drive integration, anyone else has the same issue with BMW integration? Direct login to bmw portal works fine.
Any hints on how I could get this fixed?

2020-11-04 10:33:14 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component bmw_connected_drive
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 213, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/__init__.py", line 52, in setup
    accounts.append(setup_account(account_config, hass, name))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/__init__.py", line 80, in setup_account
    cd_account = BMWConnectedDriveAccount(username, password, region, name, read_only)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/__init__.py", line 127, in __init__
    self.account = ConnectedDriveAccount(username, password, region)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 61, in __init__
    self._get_vehicles()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 215, in _get_vehicles
    response = self.send_request(VEHICLES_URL.format(server=self.server_url), headers=self.request_header,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bimmer_connected/account.py", line 152, in send_request
    raise IOError(msg)
OSError: The BMW Connected Drive portal returned an error: UNAUTHORIZED (received status code 401 and expected 200).

my bmw component is working

There were some changes done by BMW on their api which should have been fixed for all regions. Maybe we missed something.
Can you make a bug report here with some more details so we can have a look?

1 Like

Sure will do. Thank You :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since upgrading to 0.117.3 the eQ-3 MAX! Integration (10 thermostats) are no longer available in Home Assistant:

2020-11-04 18:05:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up maxcube platform for climate
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 197, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/maxcube/climate.py", line 73, in setup_platform
if device.is_thermostat() or device.is_wallthermostat():
AttributeError: 'MaxThermostat' object has no attribute 'is_thermostat'
2020-11-04 18:05:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Platform samsungtv does not generate unique IDs. ID 0bebc200-00c8-1000-b3ad-f47b5ec2d164 already exists - ignoring media_player.stanza_tv

Has worked fine on all versions before 0.107.3. Any Infos?

Tried 117.3 today. And still the same problem on my wall tablets. Seems it’s having some troubles with the “adjust screen size” in the android settings. I had configured on “small” so everything will be fittjng on screen. I just use these tabs mainly for HASS.
Everything fits the screen. Exept HASS after this update.
When setting “adjust screen size” in android to standard, everything works fine again. But this is not an option for me. So again, returned to 116.4, which acts normall again on these screensettings.

IM getting Docker pull errors when trying to update, is anyone else seeing similar ?

20-11-04 18:54:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.117.4 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (“toomanyrequests: You have reached your pull rate limit. You may increase the limit by authenticating and upgrading: https://www.docker.com/increase-rate-limit”).

same here !

It is to do with this service change from Docker which starts today:

Workaround:

Create a free account with Docker.

SSH into your Home Assistant box

Use the following command to login with your Docker account: docker login

It should ask for your username and password, once authorised you get a higher limit on Docker Hub before it rate limits.

1 Like

When will the “Openweathermap” integration have languages ​​improved because they are still not translated?

Hey, @intens! Anyone can contribute to them, it’s not that hard. Do you want to help out? If not, you’re waiting for someone to work on that. If you want to help them out with translating to your language quicker, you can try saying which language you want to be available. Also, which part are you looking to be translated? The setup in the GUI? Thanks.

TTS Bricked?
Was working OK in 0.117.2 but bricked since 0.117.3 same in 0.117.4

2020-11-04 20:05:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_translate.tts] Unable to find token seed! Did https://translate.google.com change?
2020-11-04 20:05:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.tts] Error on init TTS: No TTS from google_translate for 'Bathroom temperature is 21.8 centigrade. It shower time!'
1 Like

…Forgot to add - selecting media player and typing text works as expected.

I tried searching but haven’t found anything. In the video @hunterjm demonstrated two features of the xbox integration. First ability to choose and play media and the second the ability to use your phone like a remote/gamepad to control the xbox. When I set up the Xbox integration I am not able to find how to do either of these things. It created a media player where I can choose apps and a remote to turn the xbox on/off. Any ideas what I’m missing?

There is also an example of remote (picture element card) that you can edit to work as shown in the video.

1 Like

And as for the first, go to the media browser tab in the sidebar.