0.64: Over 1000 integrations! New: HomeKit, BMW, August

After the update I cannot use the same weather sensor for 2 different zones (home and work).

This is the error I receive:
Sun Mar 04 2018 14:45:26 GMT+0100 (CET)

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 180, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 260, in _async_add_entity
    msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: sensor.pws_weather_1d_metric

The attempt to upgrade to 0.64 fails in the step to compile python-openzwave. The error (raspbian stretch, python 3.5.3) when executing

pip3 install python-openzwave==0.4.3

is

src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.cpp:551:21: fatal error: ValueID.h: No such file or directory
     #include "ValueID.h"

Any ideas what could go wrong here ?

Lars

The last line:

requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://www.pollen.com/api/forecast/outlook/32483

…indicates that the Pollen.com API returned a bad response; not anything HASS can control.

Neither. A 500 error means the remote server (i.e., pollen.com) was temporarily misconfigured. Are you still seeing this?

EDIT: noticing this elsewhere. Opened a but to look into it: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/12916

getting this error since updating to 064.3 a few times a minute filling up the log files. but device tracking does seem to be working.

configuration.yaml
had to comment # out this section to stop the log file from getting huge
device_tracker:

• platform: tomato
    host: 192.168.X.X
    username: username
    password: password
    http_id: TID236xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    interval_seconds: 10
    consider_home: 180
    new_device_defaults:
    track_new_devices: true
    hide_if_away: false

error in the ui
components/device_tracker/init.py (ERROR)

error in the log
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘get’
2018-03-06 18:51:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 180, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py”, line 289, in async_see
hide_if_away=self.defaults.get(CONF_AWAY_HIDE, DEFAULT_AWAY_HIDE))

There seems to be an update in one of the next versions that solves our problem. @balloob has closed my issue.

After I upgraded from 0.63 to 0.64, homeassistant service is being terminated at random… Couldn’t find any reason on log. Is anybody facing similiar issues?

My Broadlink devices stopped work at 0.64.0. Are the problems now fixed? I’d rather not upgrade if it is still broken.

Many thanks to all the devs and contributors to HA, great software.

Keith

you should check github and release notes. pretty sure this was fixed in one of the subsequent releases. Also it does not hurt to upgrade and roll back to a previous working version.

Thanks dshokouhi. One of the people in this thread upgraded to a later version than me, got the Broadlink issue, and a rollback didnt fix it for them.

Anyway, thanks, I can’t see anything in the release notes but I’ll try and find more info.

Keith

sometimes you gotta go hunting for issues…always check github for issues.

Thanks again. Yeah, I found the first link but not the second. Maybe I misunderstand but I run Hass.io and I thought libraries were maintained in Hass.io releases? Still not sure where I stand whether it is fixed in 0.64.3 or I need to upgrade then try and fix pycrypto(dome?).

I’ll try to upgrade at some point (although nervous now - I love my Alexa controlled blinds and curtains! LOL) and try to fix if broken…

Cheers,

Keith

64.3 broadlink working fine

Thanks Shayne, good to hear, I’ll give it a go.

Keith

Upgraded to 0.64.3 and Broadlink working perfectly now! :smiley: Thanks all and thanks to the HA devs - you all do a great job.

Keith

Updated last week to 0.64 on hassio and after that it didnt come up again.
Wasnt able to find out why. When i type hassio homeassistant xxx i always get an error message.

Is it blank?

No, it says: Error on homeassistant/xxx where xxx is the command i used.
Doesnt matter if i type ‘update’ or ‘start’ or ‘check’

Just upgraded from 0.64.1 to 0.65.3 and error is no longer there.