0.65: Rename entities, new filter sensor, UpCloud and Channels

I am also trying to upgrade python from 3.5.2 (default Ubuntu) to 3.5.5 but can’t figure out. Tried using PPA no luck it says it has already.
If someone can provide step by step details for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS how to do this will help a lot many people like me.
If I figure out will update this post with the steps.
Thansk

This is a good guide for upgrading your virtual environment :wink:

2 Likes

I would love to see how to upgrade python to 3.5.5 on non-virtual environment too.
Thank you for the link though.

The same basic process applies - build Python from source, and install it. Then call the new version explicitly (eg python36 rather than just python3).

That’s the point of LTS, having a stable environment for server usage.
16.04LTS is still supported and well updated.

There should be a LTS soon (18.04 announced on Apr 26th) and this is the way to go for users having an LTS, not adding other packages from external sources.

People using LTS and sticking to it, including me, do that on purpose. I have other services on other VMs with 17.10, but Home Assistant is controling my home, some security devices, I don’t want the system to be a risk.

So right now, I stay with 0.63.3…

Here some hints on upgrading to Python 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 in a separate thread:

2 Likes

Keep in mind that do-release-upgrade on a LTS version only works with the following point release, i.e. you would need to wait for 18.04.1.

So I posted an issue earlier about my iOS device tracker setting my status as not_home. I thought it was only in the iOS app, but seems to be happening in Safari too. Also, the pull out menu items on the left are lower case, and some are missing entirely.

If I refresh the iOS app or Safari, it fixes it temporarily until it times outs.

Appreciate it.
I will try and see how it goes because I have Home Assistant running with ssl using letsencrypt certificate so I will have to see anything else I will have to do.
Thanks a lot.

python-miio
When the 0.64.3 version runs well, thank you very much

@onkytonk Checkout version 0.65.2 - looks like they fixed an issue with the translations.

After upgrade to 0.65.2 . “404: Not Found” Cannot load frontend from browser and ios app.

Check the logs … obviously something is preventing Home Assistant to start.

It start. everything still works like automation. But no frontend display. with “404: Not Found” also in ios app.

Check the logs … post the logs …

Did you accidentally delete/disable frontend: in configuration.yaml?

2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.cast
2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.ps4
2018-03-11 14:41:32 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.vlc
2018-03-11 14:41:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.cast
2018-03-11 14:41:33 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setting up media_player.lg_netcast
2018-03-11 14:41:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player.cast] Can’t set up chromecast on 192.168.1.35: Could not connect to 192.168.1.35:8009
2018-03-11 14:41:35 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Platform cast not ready yet. Retrying in 30 seconds.

nothing wrong in the logs. OMG. I restart 4 times then come back.

Thank you Mr.m0wlheld and Mr.DavidFW1960

Probably because of the chromecast device is offline after 4 time restart then in log say.

Setup of platform cast is taking longer than 60 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer.
2:43 PM helpers/entity_platform.py (ERROR)

You see, HA dynamically loads updated dependencies upon start. So it could just take more time to get up.

Hi
Having issues with kodi after upgrading to v65
tried 65.1.and 65.2 still same issue
Returned to 64.3 and no issue.

logs below

Sun Mar 11 2018 17:44:53 GMT+1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)

kodi: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 117, in wait
yield from self._event.wait()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/locks.py”, line 271, in wait
yield from fut
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 327, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 238, in result
raise CancelledError
concurrent.futures._base.CancelledError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 42, in send_message
response = yield from pending_message.wait(self._timeout)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 118, in wait
return self._response
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 35, in exit
self._do_exit(exc_type)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/async_timeout/init.py”, line 80, in _do_exit
raise asyncio.TimeoutError
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 188, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 325, in async_device_update
yield from self.async_update()
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/media_player/kodi.py”, line 440, in async_update
‘albumartist’, ‘showtitle’, ‘album’, ‘season’, ‘episode’]
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/jsonrpc_websocket/jsonrpc.py”, line 48, in send_message
raise TransportError(‘Transport Error’, message, exc)
jsonrpc_base.jsonrpc.TransportError: (“Error calling method ‘Player.GetItem’: Transport Error”, TimeoutError())

1 Like