0.67: Mastodon, Tahoma switches, Nanoleaf Aurora Light Panels

Release 0.67 is here! In case you missed the announcement from yesterday, Ubiquiti is paying me to write these release notes. Ooooooh yeah. With more time on my hands I’m going to be focusing on major improvements that we have been postponing for a while, first up will be a user system.

This release includes a security fix. The error log was accessible via the API without requiring authentication in previous releases. Although not a leak on it’s own, combined with a faulty component that would log sensitive information to the error log could lead to that being exposed (we don’t know of any component that does this). Thanks to Matt Hamilton for disclosing this issue to us.

New Platforms

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/04/13/release-67/
3 Likes

Can’t wait for a user system! Keep up the good work Paulus and contributors!

1 Like

Crazy community!!! thank a lot!

Concrats with the new job! UBNT are the best!

I really looking forward to new updates.

Can you give any more info on the tradfri sensor update? Can we actually get data other than battery life to use them for automations now?

Thanks!

2 Likes

There is a breaking change in the way Qwikswitch identifies switches. You have to supply a list of switches: in the configuration - details in the docs.

The documented sensors: is not fully live in this release, will be in the next beta&release, due to me not paying attention to the beta release schedule :grin:

Great work, it is great to see how fast and well this platform is developing. Especially the regularity of updates was an important factor for me to start using Home Assistant forever :slight_smile:

Are the docs correct for the new folder watcher component?

folder_watcher:
  watchers:
    - folder: /config

Invalid config for [folder_watcher]: [watchers] is an invalid option for [folder_watcher]. Check: folder_watcher->folder_watcher->0->watchers. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at https://home-assistant.io/components/folder_watcher/

Should it be…

folder_watcher: 
  - folder: /config

Very nice work.
Anybody else have an issue with the google maps location sharing? I have a separate account with 2-step enabled. I use this account for notifications which work fine with an app password. The usage does not show up under the recently used devices as the docs suggest. I get: locationsharinglib.locationsharinglibexceptions.InvalidCredentials These credentials are the same as the notification service.

Is 2-step incompatible with this module? Thanks!

Log file can sometimes have credentials to 3rd party systems. For example if you run curl inside Node-Red, the whole url will be logged. In UI it’s at add-on log but is it still visible thru this bug?

It’s not going to work until IKEA’s gateway publishes such data, and it’s not today. :frowning:

Hi kellerza,

Yeah, I noticed that the first rendition of the sensors made it to 0.67. :frowning:

I was hoping to get more information from Qwikswitch regarding any other device types as well as other info this past week. They did indicate that they are waiting for their engineer to respond to my follow-up e-mail. Hope to hear from them soon. I’ll open a PR once I get this information.

Ah ok, so what was the update for?

1 Like

after update my log is flooded errors like this:

Error looking up Bluetooth device

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/bluetooth_tracker.py", line 92, in update_bluetooth
    result = bluetooth.lookup_name(mac, timeout=5)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bluetooth/bluez.py", line 59, in lookup_name
    raise BluetoothError ("%s is not a valid Bluetooth address" % address)
bluetooth.btcommon.BluetoothError: _F4:F5:DB:F6:75:B0 is not a valid Bluetooth address

using hassio, bluetooth_tracker and hassio addon Bluetooth BCM43xx

This is a bug that will be fixed in 67.1

After upgrade, i can not use Google Home to turn on/off my LG TV anymore. I use Broadlink RM Switch to send IR code to turn on or off. Before this update i can use voice: “OK, Google. Turn on/off LG TV”. But now Google Home refuse it, it say "LG TV not available "

The service hue.hue_activate_scene has been broken since 0.66, is this been looked at at all? Upgrading past 0.65 isn’t an option for me until this is fixed.

After setting up the google maps location sharing, its always listing me as away. How can I set what is away and home?

My broadlink rm2 no longer works also after the upgrade using HASS.io with raspberrypi3+

Please fix as the broadlink handles all my ir and rf automations.

Till they fix, can you restore to the previous version?