0.80: Lovelace updates, webhooks, TRÅDFRI switches

Yes, I’ve had 2 crashes since updating from 0.78. Ran rock solid before. Not sure what could be causing this.

Are you using binary_sensor.ping?
If so try disabling it/them. I think it might be the reason mine is crashing.

No, I’m not using binary sensor ping.

did some one reported already the issue with the automations gui?

1 Like

My Telegram notifications are not working since updating from 0.79.3, getting this in the log:

Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after connection broken by ‘NewConnectionError(’<telegram.vendor.ptb_urllib3.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f8a35cb09e8>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,)': /botMYAPIKEY/getUpdates

9:07 PM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/telegram/vendor/ptb_urllib3/urllib3/connectionpool.py (WARNING)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

mines the same but script editor works fine?!?!

@deluxestyle I assume you mean this one?

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/1768

updated today to .80. all of my blink sensors vanished and i can’t figure out how to get them back. i followed the new Blink doc on the components page and updated my config.yaml file. i’m getting no errors, but my camera images and all the sensor data is gone and in the configurator none of the entity_ids show up in the drop down list. everything else in my setup is fine, only Blink is effected.

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but anyone else using Blink and had similar problems after updating?

If you’re using Apache or NGINX as a reverse proxy, perhaps. I use HAProxy and all I needed before, and after, for Home Assistant to work, including Google Assistant, is the following:

frontend https-in
    acl host_hass_example_com hdr(host) -i hass.example.com
    use_backend backend_hass if host_hass_example_com
backend backend_hass
    server hass 192.168.1.20:8123 check

I have quite a bit more in my HAProxy config, namely a few things for extra security. I have it set so HAProxy only communicates with CloudFlare, so any direct connections to my IP are blocked, but the above should be all that’s needed with HAProxy to get Home Assistant w/ Google Assistant working.

Ever since I upgraded to 0.79, my Home Assistant crashes every 4 1/2 hours like clockwork. Haven’t been able to determine a cause and there are no errors in the logs associated with it.

Since upgrading to 0.80 I’m getting a lot of the Time out of sync errors. Every minute in fact.
Google Assistant control is spotty now, sometimes it times out. Saying error connecting to hass.io. I followed the migration instructions when I upgraded

Timer got out of sync. Resetting
11:22 AM core.py (ERROR)
11:21 AM core.py (ERROR)
11:20 AM core.py (ERROR)

Additionally I see a lot of these
MyQ - API Error[get_devices] 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/UserDeviceDetails/Get
11:18 AM components/cover/myq.py (ERROR)

And these occasionally happen quite often

Unhandled exception
11:33 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py (ERROR)
Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
11:33 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py (ERROR)

Hey Guys,

For those getting the:

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Error in locationsharing, here is what I did (much credit to @tyjtyj for posting this!):

• If not yet present, create a folder custom_components in your config folder (so: /config/custom_components). In that folder, create a new folder device_tracker (so: /config/custom_components/device_tracker/). In that folder, create a FILE (not a folder) named: google_maps.py

In that (now empty) file copy and paste the contents found here:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/master/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py

Alter line 22 from this:

REQUIREMENTS = [‘locationsharinglib==3.0.3’]

to this:

REQUIREMENTS = [‘locationsharinglib==3.0.6’]

Save the file, reboot Hassio…and you are good to go once again!

Might need to be careful if doing that to remember that you will need to remove it later otherwise I suspect that next time that component is updated you wont get the updates…

So with respect to this, disabling my arlo components caused everything to speed up significantly and remove these timer errors. I realized that my arlo security state was constantly as unknown and it probably was gumming everything up.
Hopefully the arlo stuff begins to work again soon so that I may reenable it.

0.80.1 hangs hassio, It´s been working 100% before the update.
Even the UI doesn´t load.
Anybody with the same issue?

have you solved this? I’m running into the same problem.

Nope, I´ll try to revert the update

There was a problem after updating from version 0.79.3 to 0.80.1.

2018-10-16 22:08:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform google_maps
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py”, line 184, in async_setup_platform
disc_info)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 304, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 46, in setup_scanner
scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 66, in init
self._update_info()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/google_maps.py”, line 78, in _update_info
for person in self.service.get_all_people():
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py”, line 459, in get_all_people
people = self.get_shared_people() + [self.get_authenticated_person()]
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py”, line 421, in get_shared_people
for info in output[0]:
TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not iterable

Do you have any ping sensors? Check https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/17534 and https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/17511.

Yes, in my case it was this:

" barqers
0.80: Lovelace updates, webhooks, TRÅDFRI switches

Just FYI you also need to remove ‘expose_by_default’ from the configurationa.yaml entry for the Google Assistant component in 0.80 otherwise that component fails to load."

The other thing that is necessary: On your phone you need to use the same google account (log in) as you use on the “Actions on Google Console”. I went so far to create a new user on my Android phone just for this purpose.