0.82: TensorFlow, Lovelace UI edit, Z-Wave Barrier Class

Unfortunately the commit message in the breaking change section wasn’t so clear about this. The sense.sensor platform was replaced by the single sense component. It seems the documentation isn’t updated yet, but you can simply do:

sense:
  email: <your email>
  password: <your password>

This will add all the sensors you previously had + the binary sensors for all the devices

OK, also have to add a ‘timeout’ value or else you get this error:

Error during setup of component sense
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sense.py”, line 42, in setup
timeout = config[DOMAIN][CONF_TIMEOUT]
KeyError: ‘timeout’

Thanks for forking z-wave support. Support for barrier devices was a problem for me. Now I may be able to finally get rid of my Vera device.

Has anyone tried adding a Linear garage door opener yet? I will have to dig mine out today to play with it.

How do you add a timeout value?

yep - works great. Any issues this thread has most the solutions

Ah there is an additional parameter:

sense:
  timeout: 5

It’s suppose to be optional - I’ll submit a PR for that, but you can add that line to get it to work

Can’t update (at the end says it updated, but didn’t)

Home Assistant API token 18-11-10 17:59:40 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Load add-ons: 81 all - 0 new - 0 remove 18-11-10 18:34:40 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Updated Home Assistant API token 18-11-10 18:42:01 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.82.0 18-11-10 18:42:01 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Update Docker 0.81.6 with homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.82.0 18-11-10 18:42:01 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant tag 0.82.0. 18-11-10 18:42:02 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [hassio.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.82.0 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“manifest for homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.82.0 not found”). 18-11-10 18:42:02 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Home Assistant is already running!

HI, being a novice I still have issues with Lovelace after 0.80.3. 0.82.0 is the same, is there any known config items that I should remove/update to get things working again? Apologies for my lack of experience.

Start a separate thread with specifics of your issue. Post your relevant config and the errors you are getting.

1 Like

And we have one more thing… we have soft-forked Open Z-Wave and have added support for the barrier command class! This means that now you will be able to control your garage doors from Z-Wave without compiling Open Z-Wave yourself. We’ll continue to monitor what other features we can add to our fork while remaining close to the OZW project.

PRAISE JEEBUS

Maybe a stupid question, but what is actually this forking of z-wave means in practice?

For a long time those of us who wanted to use zwave garage door integrations had to manually install another fork of open wave or the dev fork and do extra work every upgrade to keep it working. This means we can put that practice to rest.

1 Like

That’s what I thought, but when I attempted to use the new embedded Z-wave in 82, none of my garage door openers were detected, and all of my other zwave entities were pretty messed up. I’m guessing it’s because I’ve been using a dev branch of open-zwave rather than just patching the master branch, so this is likely not going to impact anyone who has been using a patched master. I did want to warn anyone else out there though, if you’ve been using --flavor=ozwdev in your build, I recommend continuing to do so.

I’ve got it all nicely automated to build a docker container for me, so it’s really no more work to just keep doing it my way.

Further testing… I’ve come to conclusion its the size of the ui lovelace yaml file that’s significant.

Talking about the UI editor for Lovelace cards, how about drag&drop item reorder (inside or between the cards)? Sort of visual customization in-place.

1 Like

I just tried to upgrade as well, my zwave entities were fine but no cover showed up for the garage door opener, so I rolled back my install for now. My install only uses zwave for 2 switches, a thermostat, and the garage door opener, so I may try to wipe everything any start over if it’s supposed to work.

I just got my garage door working. From the z wave control panel page try doing a heal node with that node selected. Then do a refresh node after a few minutes. This worked for me after not getting a cover device initially.

Alternatively, remove the node, reboot, then do a secure add again after z wave is ready. You may still have to do the heal/refresh node steps. Suggesting this in case you existing node has some remnant xml code. This method would clear that out.

Upgraded, no issues so far. Thanks for the hard work.

Where is the Edit UI menu?