0.89: Nissan Leaf, PlayStation 4, Point alarm control, Owlet baby monitor

I need to say a really big THANK you for the new “breaking change” format.

I really like that there are more and better explanations included in the notes about what changed and a summary of how to fix it and/or what to look for in the docs. It’s a great first step to improve communications between devs & users.

Good Job! :+1:

7 Likes

I’m not seeing the updated package on PyPi, is it pending?

EDIT: It is now.

Nothing broke from b3 so awesome.

Great work again guys…

I have seen 0.89 on PyPi now.

Yep, it is now!

Does anyone know if 0.89 has fixed the issue with 0.88 which stopped older browsers from being able to log in as detailed here?

Someone mentioned that 0.89 may have a fix couldn’t confirm 100%

Suppose to be fixed. Let me know if not.

Frontend fixes are not included in the release notes.

Ok, thanks very much, that’s great if it’s been fixed. :slight_smile:

Once I’m able to update, I’ll try logging on my device which was unable to login using 0.88. I’m using HassIO so it takes a while for the docker image to be deployed.

I’m getting a weird error when running the Check Home Assistant Configuration add-on, it doesn’t seem related to my config

[Info] Install done, check config now
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/hass”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/main.py”, line 375, in main
return scripts.run(args.script)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/init.py”, line 67, in run
return script.run(args[1:]) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py”, line 84, in run
print(color(‘bold’, “Testing configuration at”, config_dir))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py”, line 44, in color
from colorlog.escape_codes import escape_codes, parse_colors
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘colorlog’
[Error] Wrong config found!

1 Like

Getting same error as TravlinMax.
I had only installed the addon this morning and it ran fine. Just ran it again and got the error

1 Like

Scratch that, still getting the weird error.

I’m obviously not a dev but thinking about the “great migration” I’m wondering how it all works if there are two custom components using the same platform? I’m assuming the devs of those two (or more) custom components would need to somehow collaborate and come up with a hybrid?

I’m just thinking that I have three “sensor” custom components so how does that work? Which custom component will the “sensor” component load?

I can see this easily getting confusing. I’m already confused. :crazy_face::wink:

hassio on qemux86 - I got it a few hours ago.
https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant/tags

1 Like

Let’s say you have 3 sensor platforms that you want to override with custom things, for example: nest, coinbase and zha. You would not have to copy over the sensor component, but instead your config folder should have these three folders and appropriate files:

• <config>/custom_components/nest/
  • <config>/custom_components/coinbase/
  • <config>/custom_components/zha/
3 Likes

The breaking change format is brought to you by @hdsheena :tada: .

I do want to add a note here, changes like this are not driven by developers. They are driven by the community, which includes both users and developers. Making a list of breaking changes is not limited to developers. This is not an us vs them, this is a community effort.

There are a lot more things around releases and running the community where anyone can get involved, from triaging issues during the beta, notifying authors of new features that forgot to add docs.

10 Likes

Which would those files include? Some files from the standard component or just the modified custom files?

If it’s just the modified files then I would think that the confusion may be overblown since that is the way I have everything right now. For example i have right now:

/custom_components/authenticated/sensor.py
/custom_components/feedparser/sensor.py
/custom_components/nws_alerts/sensor.py

What other files would need to be moved into those directories?

did google location sharing brake for anyone else? I removed base_url (under http) as it is causing issue somewhere else. may be that caused it.

EDIT: fixed in 89.1

in your case, nothing. The partial overlays only impacts platforms that also have a component, like for example Nest (it has a component for auth, platforms for climate, sensor, binary_sensor). In that case, you will need to copy the Nest component over from Home Assistant, then make your changes accordingly.

Is Harmony still using webhooks in this update?

@balloob is there a simple explanation somewhere for the difference between a platform and a component? I have looked through the developer documents but I am still confused.

1 Like