0.90: Remote UI, Streams, User Groups

this worked for me before 0.90 but now it does not work anymore, I already tried to use and remove the “hassio:” and “discovery:”, but without success

A guy on the discord chat had the same problem and it just magically fixed itself. I don’t think anyone learned anything from the experience.

seems that my nanoleaf aurora light entity changed from light.aurora to light.nanoleaf after this change, not sure why?

that works in Windows 10 too, pretty cool!

1 Like

Same problem with Opera

I’m seeing an issue with remote access when behind a WatchGuard FireCluster at work (elsewhere works great and I’m really happy with it).

I can pass the login credentials page but never complete authorisation.

My hass instance shows

components/websocket_api/http.py (WARNING) Disconnected: Did not receive auth message within 10 seconds

The only denied relevant traffic in the WatchGuard monitor is denied under our HTTP-Proxy:

ProxyDeny: HTTP chunk size invalid

Great work guys.

However, I have a little concern here. Home Assistant, with its release cycles, is a little overwhelming and it expects our full attention every week coz there are so many releases happening and with every release, there is a breaking change for which we have to go back, understand and fix the configuration.

This is asking for a lot of work from everyone’s schedule unless you are an enthusiast and have taken a couple of days time every week to work on HA.

1 Like

Updated from 0.89.2 to 0.90.1 without any issues. Running hass.io in docker on Ubuntu server on a NUC and it’s performing brilliant!

Thank you all for the hard work!

What about the Devs who give up their free time to bring you HA.

2 Likes

I just tried waiting for the inevitable .1 release to avoid the major issues. No problem so far.

OpenHAB releases every 6 months but they are 2 years into a platform shift to Eclipse SmartHome. Bug fixes are slower being released too.

Devs are passionate about HA and they are growing the platform, its great to see such enthusiasm and I love them for this.

Having said that, my question is entirely different. What am saying is the release cycles are way too short for any product. There is no time given for stabilizing the platform.

I’ll tell you my example, three weeks back I was running .87 and only 2 days back I upgraded my system to 0.89 only to realize that 0.90 came out after just 1 day. The best part is that with every release there are breaking changes (which in a way is great coz we are constantly improving the system) but then think about the people who are not that tech savvy (which constitutes a very large number of people).

In the end, I feel HA is still only being used by Enthusiasts at this point.

1 Like

6 months is definitely a long time in this market to be releasing new features, but am trying to look for release cycles between 1 week and 6 months … somewhere lets say 1 month.

Cant see the 2 week release cycle slowing down any time soon.

5 Likes

I’m loving the remote UI feature - it’s working a treat!

Having said that, I’ve just lost access. The URL is now returning:

FetchEvent.respondWith received an error:

TypeError: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.”

I’m at work so it could be that my HA has suddenly died, but that seems unlikely. I know at least I haven’t had a power cut, as I can access my cameras via Blue Iris. Anyone else experiencing any issues?

It’s super early days obviously, but I’d be interested to know how high we should set our expectations regarding reliability/availability/uptime of this sort of access…

I’m also having issues with loop. It seems it’s missing a component. Installing it manually makes loop work, however ha then crashes after a few minutes…

Yeah same here. Tried it with just the eclectic sensor and just the gas but both seemed to crash Hass.io.

Have removed the sensor and awaiting an update if the team can get on it.

Also on the Konnected sensors… the component seems to be ignoring the inverse code in the configuration Yaml.

Other than that the new features look good :ok_hand:t2:

Depending on what components you use, the breaking changes often won’t affect you. I just went from 0.87.2 to 0.90.0 and only had to change the custom_component folder structure. I’m sure that as the core code is refined and the structure locked in there will be fewer and fewer breaking changes meaning that upgrading across multiple versions will not be such a worry

1 Like

Solution appears to be to remove, or comment out, these lines from configuration.yaml:

customize:
  custom_ui: local

It’s the custom_ui component that is causing the problem.

There’s one more step (that I initially forgot to do), clear the browser’s cache!

the only reference to custom_ui that I have is this, shall I take this out?

frontend:
  javascript_version:  latest
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/lovelace.html
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui.html
  extra_html_url_es5:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-custom-ui-es5.html