0.91: More streaming, better Zigbee, cameras with ESPHome

This is usually a matter of having available space. The image is there at docker hub but your instance had a problem pulling it down, so “no such image” exists on your installation. Check your free space quickly using df -h from the console.

2 Likes

interesting I’ll check this out

Thanks!

unfortunately that breaking change started 15 versions ago.

It was originally removed from the z wave control panel in around version 76 or so. I’m surprised it lasted this long as a service, TBH.

I definitely don’t agree with it but my dissent has fallen on deaf ears so there is no way it’s ever getting changed back again.

Thanks @finity. However, I was able to do so with rel 90.2 just yesterday;-) Any idea what is now the way to change the zwave node/entity names?

That was it!

Thanks again

FWIW, there’s another person who mentioned it in the following thread and it may be more widespread than just zwave-related entities:

I can’t confirm because I haven’t installed 0.91 yet.

yes, you could still do it from the services page but not from the z wave control panel section in the configuration area. That was removed a long time ago.

And, yes, the service has likely been removed now with this release.

And, lastly, if that service has been removed then there is currently no way to rename a z wave node from within Home Assistant.

I’ve thought about using a standalone version of Open Zwave Control Panel but I haven’t had the need to do anything with my nodes (no new devices to configure) so I’m not sure how/if that will work in association with HA.

Yea I mentioned it as part of # 22229. It was closed. Would a new one have to be open if the fix never actually worked?

UPDATE: ZWave is working stable and entities can be renamed via the entity regiter section. I recall my original statement. However, every time a little heart attack after upgrading when some UI processes changed without notification for users which dont follow the community for years. And requires 45min of googling to check what really happend after an upgrade;-) Anyhow, thanks for all your hard work, support and progress. I love HA!

Original comment:
Ok. If this is the case. Sounds like zwave support is deprecated and HA is pulling the plug of zwave integration. If you cant rename entities, makes no sense to have this integration when working with more than +5 zwave devices from same manufacturer. Looks like moving to a 3rd party zwave solution instead of using the zwave HA integration…?

That’s a massive jump in logic. If that feature was removed on purpose (big if, no confirmation yet), it has nothing to do with larger z-wave support.

You can still rename all of the child entities created by the zwave device individually, one at a time…, thru the entity registry for the specific entity.

you just can’t rename the entire node and have all of the children entities carry the node name down to the entity_id. It’s still a problem as far as I’m concerned but that’s the way it’s going to be.

And yes, it was removed intentionally. At least the functionality in the zwave control panel was and there have been discussions that stated it would be removed from services in the near future, as well. I can only assume that “the near future” is now.

But I don’t believe that zwave support is going away.

All my Cogs are gone as well from 0.90.2 to 0.91 but I have found that going to the Entity Registry allows me to still change name. Agreed it’s annoying to have to go there but at least functionality isn’t lost.

I however still see “zwave.rename_node” chrome_ZSa5EllXYc

Running 0.91.0, zwave.rename_node service still an option in services.

I have the same issue on Hassio

I have a custom component that is no longer loading - it is not picked up in the logs, HA is just loading the standard component. I moved the component to the new structure several releases ago, but it’s not loading in v.91 - any ideas or anyone having a similar issue?

Look for INFO, WARNING, or ERROR messages in Home Assistant’s log. If it’s loading the stock version of the component and ignoring the custom component then it will (normally) report why in the log (the detailed version of the log).

It would be very unusual to reject the custom component without any commentary in the log.

EDIT
What is the custom component you are using that overrides the stock version?

I have the same issue, my custom component for linky/sensor.py does not load. It uses the stock without any logs. I have migrate in 0.90 and it was ok.

@Minims @sdc

I have two custom components that I had adapted to work for 0.89. They work in 0.90 and I can confirm they continue to work in 0.91. The two custom components override existing MQTT components (climate and alarm_control_panel).

You may wish to start a new thread so the community can help you solve the problem.

I’m loading a custom pushover component - allows for pushover notifications with file attachments. I searched the logs and there are no errors/warnings other then showing that the default pushover component is loaded. Any other ideas? All of my other custom components seem to be loading, it’s just the custom notify component with the issue in v91 ( /custom_components/pushover/notify.py ) .

Dark Sky breaking change.
Will all the orphaned forecast and hourly entities remain in the entity registry, or be migrated to the new names (with recorder data)? That is, does it only break yaml configs using the entities, or the backend as well?