0.93 Upgrade and Zwave

FWIW -it’s not just you…getting those Zwave errors as well

I’m getting the same error with config checker.
So I’m not going to 0.93 until I hear what’s going on…
The .093 release notes talk about an update to Zwave Library, so not sounding like a coincidence.
With my configuration, I have it loaded on a 386 netbook and on a xeon processor running amd64. Both have the error. 0.92.2 seems like a nice safe place to be at the moment.

[Info] Start install HomeAssistant latest
You are using pip version 19.0.3, however version 19.1.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
[Info] Installed homeassistant==0.93.1, check config now
[Error] Wrong config found!
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of home-assistant-frontend==20190514.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of netdisco==2.6.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aioasuswrt==1.1.21
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of ring_doorbell==0.2.3
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of aiohttp_cors==0.7.0
WARNING:homeassistant.components.http:Configuring trusted_networks via the http component has been deprecated. Use the trusted networks auth provider instead. For instructions, see https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/authentication/providers/#trusted-networks
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of distro==1.4.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of mutagen==1.42.0
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hass-nabucasa==0.12
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.4
ERROR:homeassistant.util.package:Unable to install package homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.4: Failed building wheel for homeassistant-pyozw
  Failed cleaning build dir for homeassistant-pyozw
Command "/usr/local/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-qwi0815m/homeassistant-pyozw/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-8miixcm4/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix  --compile --user --prefix=" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-qwi0815m/homeassistant-pyozw/
You are using pip version 19.0.3, however version 19.1.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
ERROR:homeassistant.requirements:Not initializing zwave because could not install requirement homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of sqlalchemy==1.3.3
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of hbmqtt==0.9.4
INFO:homeassistant.util.package:Attempting install of paho-mqtt==1.4.0
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Unable to install all requirements: homeassistant-pyozw==0.1.4, pydispatcher==2.0.5

How do you set the options if you use integration? I’ve tested the config by removing the zwave
entries and it runs cleanly. My config is

Blockquote zwave:
usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
polling_interval: 30000
device_config:
switch.greenwave_reality_inc_powernode_1_port_switch:
polling_intensity: 1
switch.greenwave_reality_inc_powernode_1_port_switch_2:
switch.greenwave_reality_inc_powernode_1_port_switch_3:
switch.greenwave_reality_inc_powernode_1_port_switch_5:

Where do you enter the polling settings?

As stated in the docs, you then use configuration.yaml.

The options like polling intensity look to be only settable under the yaml I can’t see any way to add it to a node under z-wave configuration.

For battery operated devices you can set the wakeup time but I think that is a different parameter.
When they added the integration they said configuration.yaml would override integrated settings,.
You could add the node through the UI and then customize in yaml, I expect. Otherwise you may need to edit the files in .storagefoilder in tour configuraiton directory.

The nodes were added through the UI it was just the Aeon controller didn’t appear until I put in the dev/tty/ACM0 entry and all was running fine with that except for those power switches which required the polling settings. I think I will wait and see if there are any patch updates over the next week then just try the update.

Hi! I’m also getting this error, have you tried the update? Did it work for you?

I haven’t tried yet. If you decide to try you can let us know in the thread if it works for you

I took all the z-wave entries out of configuration.yaml and checked that the checker ran cleanly and did the upgrade. All went smoothly in fact all my z-wave came back without the overrides I had. I’ll monitor and hope it runs smoothly without those entries.

Did you have to take out all references to Zwave out of configuration.yaml or just the switches (entities)?

Thanks

All references as it wouldn’t pass the config checker without removing them. Switches have been working ok since then,

Even your path to the zwave stick? So it automatically found it after the upgrade or did you just put it back in afterwords?

Appreciate the help as I am stuck on 92…

When I get home from work I am going to try this…Thanks.

I’m running hass.io on an Intel NUC not sure if that makes a difference. Yes it found the zwave stick on restart I was assuming I would need to paste the old config back in but there was no problem YMMV

Thank you…The only thing that might screw me up is I use a network key for my zwave plus devices.
But I will see thanks!

NUC is next on my list…

This worked - thank you!

For anyone else having issues upgrading to 93.x due to zwave errors, his solution worked for me:

I made a system image, then remarked out the 3 zwave entries in my configuration.yaml.
Then ran the config checker and it showed ok.
Then ran the upgrade and all went like it should.

Now need to hurry up and get a NUC!

Great news. Did you need to put the entries back in afterwards?

I came from a Vera system and tried a RPi but didn’t see it lasting long, much as I like them they always seem to run out of power quite quickly. I didn’t use Hass.io enough to hit the SD card issues but seems like bigger users grow out of them quickly. The only issue I had with the NUC is as recommended I went with Ubuntu as the base OS but the latest server version was a pig and couldn’t get it to install and let me logon. I eventually went to an older version of the server, I didn’t want to put the desktop version of Ubuntu on as that is just full of a lot of UI and other parts sucking away CPU cycles and memory for something I wouldn’t use.

No did not have to put entries back in yami…that is what is confusing as I don’t see my network key in “integrations” or in the other zwave gui section.

I have run into the SD card issue once before and don’t want to deal with it again.

Which NUC do you have???

I wondered if the entries got entered into the config database? It is not 100% clear what happens where and I don’t have enough time to properly research everything. I seem to find new devices to add every day. Just added my ring cameras today. :nerd_face:

I have the NUC7i5BNH with 16GB memory and a 1TB M.2 drive. I didn’t put a bigger drive in as I thought if I needed extra space I would shift off to my NAS. I debated the i7 but I have both the i5 and i7 NUC7s running non-HA things and practically I haven’t seen much performance difference.

That is why I was scared …I wish there was some docs on this but I bet it was a last minute thing.
If you start over from scratch, I am guessing you have to put it back in yami the first time.

Oh I would love to have your setup- that would do what I wanted which is hassio plus windows etc under esxi or one of the other linux based vm’s.!