0.94: SmartHab, Watson TTS, Azure Event Hub

Perfect upgrade! No issues! Simply amazing as always!

Edit, spoke too soon, all my owntracks users are showing up with _2 appended to them, this alone would not be a problem, but the new entities are not in the all_devices group.

I too saw this on the first start after the upgrade, upon restart of HA, it did not come back. I have restarted 2x just to be sure, and it did not come back.

Looks like fritzconnection==0.6.5 is missing in 0.94.0’s Docker container image. It cannot be installed, if the container is run by a non-root-user:

homeassistant | 2019-06-05 22:22:10 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package fritzconnection==0.6.5: ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fritzconnection-0.6.5.dist-info'
homeassistant | Consider using the `--user` option or check the permissions.
homeassistant | 2019-06-05 22:22:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.requirements] Not initializing fritz because could not install requirement fritzconnection==0.6.5
homeassistant | 2019-06-05 22:22:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform fritz.device_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

Another great release! Thank you to all the contributors.

Really appreciate the increased attention to UI and user experience lately. I think it’s an area where significant and meaningful improvements can be made. Making it easier to get started and configured will make Home Assistant a more attractive platform to a lot more people.

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to use the new device trackers? I am not seeing any docs explaining how to transition from known_devices to the new whatever it is.

The new way is how you manage any other entity in Home Assistant: via the entity registry. Access it either via config panel, customize or the settings icon in the more info dialog.

Ahh, okay I had gpslogger set in my config still and i wasn’t seeing any device_trackers at all. Removed gpslogger and rebooted and they showed up. @balloob thanks for the quick response.

Are there plans to allow managing cloud devices via the UI for Alexa as well?

1 Like

Upon upgrade my owntracks entities were doubled adding a _2 to each owntracks entity, none of them were added to group.all_devices. So I downgraded, setup persons, and then upgraded again.

What I find is that if I remove my known_devices.yaml (with HA stopped), upon startup none of my owntracks entities appear in the group.all_devices. If I restore the old known_devices.yaml then the owntrack entities appear in the group.all_devices. Is there a proper way to remove the known_devices.yaml and still have device tracker entities be part of the all_devices group? Its like the “track: true” is missing.

Hmm I’m having the same problem but added both entries in my configuration.yaml file then rebooted a few times. Still having trouble with ios failing and causing dependency for device_tracker not to load. Any ideas what may be causing this? My device trackers include nmap, unifi, gpslogger, and tile.

EDIT: I think I’m good now. I had the discovery: section disabled. So I enabled it and restarted. No more errors.

This update, unlike most previous ones, actually went rather smooth. The new way to add homekit devices to the homekit controller is much appreciated as they will also show up in the integrations now.
Thanks for the awesome work. I just have one question though. I can’t seem to get my device_tracker working, apparently it is a legacy one:

Error setting up platform legacy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/setup.py", line 69, in async_setup_legacy
    self.platform.get_scanner, hass, {DOMAIN: self.config})
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/device_tracker.py", line 33, in get_scanner
    scanner = TadoDeviceScanner(hass, config[DOMAIN])
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tado/device_tracker.py", line 64, in __init__
    hass, cookie_jar=aiohttp.CookieJar(unsafe=True))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/cookiejar.py", line 55, in __init__
    super().__init__(loop=loop)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/abc.py", line 146, in __init__
    self._loop = get_running_loop(loop)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/helpers.py", line 267, in get_running_loop
    loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 694, in get_event_loop
    return get_event_loop_policy().get_event_loop()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/events.py", line 602, in get_event_loop
    % threading.current_thread().name)
RuntimeError: There is no current event loop in thread 'SyncWorker_18'.

All other components (and this still baffles me :stuck_out_tongue:) are working, I only had to remove one line in discovery that’s it. Amazing!

I use Hass.io but no update panel has appeared to allow me to upgrade. Is that just me? I’m currently running 0.93.2

there’s always a delay for HassIO updates. You just need to wait, or manually force the update using the command line:

hassio homeassistant update --version=x.y.z

substituting the x.y.z for 0.94.0 in this case

Hassio versions are now available almost immediately… within 30 mins of being tagged. 0.94.0 is certainly available from the front end right now and has been for a few hours.

If you don’t see it you might need to check/update supervisor and/or reload supervisor.

That’s a nice improvement, I didn’t realise this was the case now. Cheers!

Every single Lifx WiFi (HomeKit) bulb disappeared (is unavailable) post upgrade. I have removed homekit from the discovery config; I also tried the Lifx integration which just said it could find any Lifx bulbs in the network. I am sitting here looking at one on as well as seeing them on my WiFi.

Thanks, a reload did the trick,
JP

Have you added add ssdp: and zeroconf: to your configuration.yaml file, as Lifx is now using the new discovery method

Yes I did add them.

are they in integration or unused enities. my lifx bulb are showing up

Update: I was going to integration, select LIFX, say yes to set it up, then it would say it couldn’t find any LIFX devices on the network.

NOW: I ran though that again (for the 5th time) and all the sudden it said “Success!” So now I have LIFX integration up, but it still says “This integration has no devices.”

I have my IOT stuff in a different VLAN allowing just a few ports. Does the new Discovery use different ports to scan?