0.95: AdGuard, Life360, Plaato Airlock

I had to reset my NUC and reinstall everything again. It’s working now

Hmmm… very strange… ok thanks

This morning I restarted Home Assistant, and the vera notifications are working again. Not sure if it was the restart that helped.

But then stopped.

I have just updated. If you dont set a name, then you need to add the default name (synology_dsm) to the sensors.

So for my install where I have not set the name my sensors changed from
‘sensor.network_up’ to ‘sensor.synology_dsm_network_up’

1 Like

Hi all,

nobody has set up the platform tts.google_cloud ?
I still have the “Platform not found: tts.google_cloud” …
Any help will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you

Yet you give us no idea of your configuration.yaml or any useful log messages. Please read this very carefully: How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

Hi sorry for that.
It’s not an excuse but this problem has already been talked in this thread, that’s because I haven’t give more details.
So I configured the tts googlecloud platform using the official doc : google cloud . I triple checked my configuration.
After home assistant restart, no tts service is available.
When I do a check configuartion in configuration panel, I have the following message:

Here is my exact configuration:

tts:
  - platform: google_cloud
    key_file: google_cloud.json
    language: fr-FR
    encoding: mp3

Hope this help

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/24843

the answer is here and it works.

Yes :slight_smile: thank you! That’s working.
I think the linked issue will be solved in next release.

My vera motion sensors stop updating after a short time. They do change state in Vera UI, but not in Home Assistant. Anyone?

Good lord, no logs.

See 0.95: AdGuard, Life360, Plaato Airlock

It looks like a change was made that broke vera integration.

Thanks Ian, will go back to 0.94 for now.

As always thanks for the update and the great work. Everything works flawlessly so far except one thing: I can’t enter the “Unused Objects” Area in the iOS App or Safari. Any Idea why this is the case?

has this been officially titled as an issue, I’ve posted on github with an issue with my bluetooth on my rpi.

randomly and without any errors logged my RPI will stop tracking my phones via bluetooth, when I restarted HA it doesn’t boot up and I have to hard reboot. I’ve now downgraded to .93.2 and it’s working fine.

I gave up as no one seems to care about the issues I have posted them since 0.94 regarding bluetooth as 0.94 is what caused it to stop working seems like it falls on deaf ears I guess.

I ended up reinstalling ubuntu on my nuc and start everything from scratch…

There seems to be an issue with the co2Signal component and hassio 0.95:

2019-07-08 10:06:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.co2_intensity_de fails Traceback (most recent call last): 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 220, in async_update_ha_state await self.async_device_update() 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 377, in async_device_update await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/co2signal/sensor.py", line 101, in update self._token, country_code=self._country_code) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/CO2Signal/__init__.py", line 15, in get_latest_carbon_intensity latest_data = get_latest(token, country_code, latitude, longitude) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/CO2Signal/co2signal.py", line 31, in get_latest headers = header) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 897, in json return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/__init__.py", line 518, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 370, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py", line 400, in raw_decode return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end()) 
simplejson.errors.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Sometimes it doesn’t get loaded with following error:

2019-07-08 13:25:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] co2signal: Error on device update! Traceback (most recent call last): 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 261, in _async_add_entity await entity.async_device_update(warning=False) 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 377, in async_device_update await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) 
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/co2signal/sensor.py", line 101, in update self._token, country_code=self._country_code) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/CO2Signal/__init__.py", line 15, in get_latest_carbon_intensity latest_data = get_latest(token, country_code, latitude, longitude) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/CO2Signal/co2signal.py", line 48, in get_latest longitude = longitude, wait = False) 
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/CO2Signal/co2signal.py", line 50, in get_latest raise ValueError("API rate limit exceeded. Please wait a few seconds before retrying the request.") 
ValueError: API rate limit exceeded. Please wait a few seconds before retrying the request.

If you’re using the iOS 13 public beta, there’s issues with the frontend currently, seemingly due to bugs in mobile Safari. None of those menu items (configure UI, unused entities etc) can be tapped in iOS 13 beta.

Don’t stress, sometimes people can come across as rude over the internet, but not necessary, depends on how you read it. If was your work colleague saying exactly that, your response was probably “I did read, no help there”. The semantics… , different cultures, people from all over the world speaking/typing in English… not always comes out the best way. I’m sure you would have been ok with a “did you notice that was a breaking change? if you didn’t, here is a link to the info, otherwise here’s what I think… or, what errors did you get in the logs…”. I know I sound like a dad but I went through a number of these chats and can so easily escalate for such a small reason in the end of the day. I’ve learnt to sometimes ignore :slight_smile:

1 Like

In #1 Paulus wrote:

In the last release, we introduced support for the core config to be updated without restarting Home Assistant.

Did I miss something here? I can’t find any details on a possibility to change my configuration.yaml without restarting Home Assistant.