0.99: Withings, Device Automations, launch Home Assistant Cast from Python

I still can’t update to docker to 99.2.
Keeps updating to 99.1

Did you manage to get yours to 99.2?

Look here for an explanation.

2 Likes

Port 4865 is only the default for a pi-hole created as a hass.io addon. @kanga_who’s solution is only valid for those.

Adding port 4865 will break the connection to pi-hole’s running on a raspberry pi or outside of hass.io

Even with the port it seems that does not work.

Do you have a workaround, please?

Thanks.

just pull 0.99.2 manually.

1 Like

I see someone else has noted that on the Github issue.

I find it odd that this change has been made with the documents not corrected updated prior to the change and that the change fragments the way the PiHole now operates.

I don’t understand the ins and outs of these things, but as an end user it’s a source of frustration.

2 Likes

Have you tried it like this?

pi_hole:
  host: localhost:4865

Hi guys, I’ve gone looking for this to help with a lawn fertilizer card I’m making and can’t find any details. Is the documentation still in development?

Yes, I had.

Set SSL to false, apparently that solves the issue.

It did:

pi_hole:
  host: !secret pi-hole_host
  verify_ssl: false

I was able to update to hass.io 0.99.2 today but was disappointed the front end version shown in developer tools was still at 20190805.0
I was hoping to test a bug fixed in 20190904.
Maybe the release notes should indicate the front end version as well so that I can skip a hass.io update until my front end bug is fixed.

Nah, I have 0.99.2 and the frontend version is “20190918.1 - latest”

My bad. I just refreshed my browser and I got “20190919.0 - latest” and my front end bug is fixed!

To me the “unused devices” changes is a BIG step back in my using of HomeAssistant…

For example where can we find the “input_boolean” unused?

I regularly use the unused page to look at devices that aren’t really usefull on my daily life in home.

I’ve got a lot of sensors used in automations that I don’t want to see on the frontpage…

For example on a daily basis I don’t really care about the status of the motion sensor in my bedroom, but when my alarm is triggered it’s convenient to be able to see it… But I can’t anymore :-/

just type input or input_boolean in the search will show you all of them

or put them in another view for when you want them and not on the frontpage

1 Like

Where can I search for this?

“Put them in another view”…?

If that’s the answer for this it’s definitively a big step back from the previous interface…

And I know for sure that a lot of people used this view to manage all the sensors from the same place, having to add all of your sensors, thinking about putting the new ones, ect, is definitively a waste of time

1 Like

Also unused entities page is just that, unused. using views for thing you use for everyday stuff

2 Likes

Thanks, it take me a good couple of minutes to find this view searching in the config/dev part of homeassistant :-/