.103 update not installing

Still getting this error:

19-12-13 08:35:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.103.0 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2/l: invalid argument").
19-12-13 08:35:43 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

You may be out of space on your storage device.

By the way, it is a pi not a pie. So annoying.

Is there a way i can check the storage trough lovelace? i don’t know how to check it. bit of a n00b.
I have a 32gb sd card, one of the best. Using home assistant for 8 months now, can’t be the storage? i have about 10 devices and 8 automations…
And sorry about the Pi :stuck_out_tongue:

No space issue. Sorry about not using pi.

Where did you find the API password info? Did not see it in the release notes? I’ll make a minimal yaml file and see if it helps.

Did you google your error message? I did and lo and behold a similar issue. I’ll leave it to you guys to read on. Update | Problem

The api passowrd issue was a couple of releases ago.

So the update worked when it was changed and now it doesn’t? I ran breaking changes and config check and the only error was in the Wemos integration which I removed.

I am not getting an error message in my log file. I’m going to minimize my yaml file and log file, then try again. I have custom components through hacs and maybe one of those are causing the issue?

you need to modify it so it has the basic (like ti was the first time).
if you install the ssh plugin from the appstore (when using hassio) you can check the available storage using the “df” command, I suggest you use “df -h”
It shows the available space it has.

I have a large memory card. Over 100 G free.

My log is identical to what I had before trying the update.

2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for badnest which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for breaking_changes which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for garbage_collection which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

.102.3 loads lovelace.
The upgrade loads and from putty I see that .103 is loaded, just no way to access it via the browser.
from command line via putty I may have found my issue:

19-12-13 16:41:52 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Error on call https://xxx.xx.xx.x:8123/api/states/binary_sensor.snapshots_stale: Cannot connect to host xxx.xx.xx.x:8123 ssl:None [Connection refused]
19-12-13 16:41:52 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] Error on API for request states/binary_sensor.snapshots_stale

Any idea on how to fix?

I did a search and could not see what the issue was with API Password. I always have this in my secrets file. Can you point me to the docs? Thanks.

I told you it was in the last few releases. Read the release notes, I am not doing it for you.

I found this on 101. I don’t see how this has anything to do with having API password in the yaml file. If it does, I don’t understand where the passwords would go? Maybe you have a different understanding. I now have the update installed with these in my yaml file. Problem must have been one of my custom components. Still working to find which one.
Remove direct authentication via trusted networks or API password (@balloob - #27656) (auth docs) (http docs) (websocket_api docs) (breaking change)

API password is deprecated! Don’t use API password. That’s what it means.

If you have API password in your configuration yaml get rid of it!

What do you mean “where the passwords would go”?

If 0.102 is working for you then api-password is NOT your problem.

Have you been through the thread I pointed you to?

Again, I’m not sure what it means. In my yaml file I have several examples of

api_key: !secret join_notify_api_key

This is per the documentation of the different integrations. If it doesn’t go there where does it go instead of the yaml file?

Thanks. This was not my issue. Still trying to determine which of my custom integrations caused the issue.

What makes you think it is a custom integration?