.103 update not installing

Do you run this from a terminal via ssh from another computer?

Yes, just connect to it via ssh
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/

Btw, I’m managing my Pi from android phone using Termux. It’s really helpful

No errors in my log file.

Is there a command to reload Lovelace from the terminal? It looks like it is running after the update, I just can’t access it via the web interface.

Guys, I had this exact same problem. Check your config for any deprecated settings such as api password. Took me forever to figure out

This is my configuration file:

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: Home
  # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  elevation: 0
  # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
  unit_system: metric
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: Europe/Amsterdam
  packages: !include_dir_named includes/packages

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.time
      - sensor.shenzhen_neo_electronics_co_ltd_battery_powered_pir_sensor_v2_alarm_level
recorder:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.time
      - sensor.shenzhen_neo_electronics_co_ltd_battery_powered_pir_sensor_v2_alarm_level
# For hassio updater
updater:
# Ignore devices
discovery:
  ignore:
    - igd
    - google_cast
# Theming
frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml
# Weather  
weather:
  - platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api
# Boolean imports
input_boolean: !include_dir_merge_named includes/booleans/
# Sensor imports
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list includes/sensors/
# Groups
group: !include groups.yaml
# Automations
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/
# Scripts
script: !include scripts.yaml
# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate
    service_name: google_say
    language: 'nl'

telegram_bot:
  - platform: polling
    api_key: !secret telegram_api_key
    allowed_chat_ids:
    - !secret chat_id_hp
notify:
  - name: telgram_notify
    platform: telegram
    chat_id: !secret chat_id_hp

mobile_app:

Seeing something strange?

Fellow dutchie!!
What’s in the logs?

Try updating with 100% blank config.yaml only the needed stuff.

hahah Fellow dutchie! Thanks for helping me out.
So remove this all?:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.time
recorder:
  exclude:
    entities:
      - sensor.time
# For hassio updater
updater:
# Ignore devices
discovery:
  ignore:
    - igd
    - google_cast
# Theming
frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml
# Weather  
weather:
  - platform: darksky
    api_key: !secret darksky_api
# Boolean imports
input_boolean: !include_dir_merge_named includes/booleans/
# Sensor imports
sensor: !include_dir_merge_list includes/sensors/
# Groups
group: !include groups.yaml
# Automations
automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/
# Scripts
script: !include scripts.yaml
# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate
    service_name: google_say
    language: 'nl'

telegram_bot:
  - platform: polling
    api_key: !secret telegram_api_key
    allowed_chat_ids:
    - !secret chat_id_hp
notify:
  - name: telgram_notify
    platform: telegram
    chat_id: !secret chat_id_hp

mobile_app:

Still getting this error:

19-12-13 08:35:43 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [hassio.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.103.0 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2/l: invalid argument").
19-12-13 08:35:43 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails

You may be out of space on your storage device.

By the way, it is a pi not a pie. So annoying.

Is there a way i can check the storage trough lovelace? i don’t know how to check it. bit of a n00b.
I have a 32gb sd card, one of the best. Using home assistant for 8 months now, can’t be the storage? i have about 10 devices and 8 automations…
And sorry about the Pi :stuck_out_tongue:

No space issue. Sorry about not using pi.

Where did you find the API password info? Did not see it in the release notes? I’ll make a minimal yaml file and see if it helps.

Did you google your error message? I did and lo and behold a similar issue. I’ll leave it to you guys to read on. Update | Problem

The api passowrd issue was a couple of releases ago.

So the update worked when it was changed and now it doesn’t? I ran breaking changes and config check and the only error was in the Wemos integration which I removed.

I am not getting an error message in my log file. I’m going to minimize my yaml file and log file, then try again. I have custom components through hacs and maybe one of those are causing the issue?

you need to modify it so it has the basic (like ti was the first time).
if you install the ssh plugin from the appstore (when using hassio) you can check the available storage using the “df” command, I suggest you use “df -h”
It shows the available space it has.

I have a large memory card. Over 100 G free.

My log is identical to what I had before trying the update.

2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for badnest which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for breaking_changes which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2019-12-13 11:37:32 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for garbage_collection which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

.102.3 loads lovelace.
The upgrade loads and from putty I see that .103 is loaded, just no way to access it via the browser.
from command line via putty I may have found my issue:

19-12-13 16:41:52 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Error on call https://xxx.xx.xx.x:8123/api/states/binary_sensor.snapshots_stale: Cannot connect to host xxx.xx.xx.x:8123 ssl:None [Connection refused]
19-12-13 16:41:52 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.api.proxy] Error on API for request states/binary_sensor.snapshots_stale

Any idea on how to fix?