2.0 beta testing feedback

I entered credentials like 6 times before giving up and just trying the “Done” button, which worked.

1 Like

And, in my case at least, dragging and dropping the relevant password from 1Password on iPad causes issues. Text is converted to lowercase, symbols are URL encoded…

1 Like

In regards to setup; it seems ‘validating’ causes the login dialog to show once, and once validated, causes the dialog to show again.

After cancelling, and closing from the multitasking view and re-opening, I had no issues moving forward.

I’ve successfully installed and started using the 2.0 beta. I’ve experienced the same issues in terms of looping around the login page even after connection details have been validated but somehow I’ve managed to move past this now.

One area I’m not sure on is the reference to use of Webhooks. Do the webhooks appear on the HASS Cloud configuration page? I don’t see any new Webhooks there.

I normally have the Cloud UI disabled but use a webhook to trigger an automation to enable the remote UI for a limited period of time. I’m worried that as I don’t see any new webhooks there for the ios app that notification updates etc won’t reach HASS when I’m away from the local network.

For me, the location question keeps popping up, it’s very annoying that I have to dismiss this every single time. It seems like there was a github issue and a pull request that says it should be resolved. But for me it’s still asking it every single time.

Okay the trick was: enable it. and then disable it, now it no longer shows up. (But so the initial experience is not so good, until you enable it, it will keep on asking)

There is problem with siri shortcuts and vacuum.xiaomi_clean_zone.

others services like vacuum.set_fan_speed works like charm

Getting this error when trying to send push notifications to the app, and this is after deleting .ios.conf

homeassistant.helpers.template.DomainStates object has no element Undefined

I’ve experienced UI errors involving the control bar at the bottom including the following:

• Unable to gain access to these controls when controls are auto-hidden.
  • Controls being auto-hidden despite the toggle being off.
  • There is no padding at the bottom of the page to compensate for the controls (when auto hide is disabled) resulting in controls getting hidden behind the UI.
1 Like

Whilst 2.0 is in active development; I’m going to throw in my two-cents for silent notifications again – just so it’s on the radar. :wink:

This app is great and fixes a lot of problems I had in the past (for example, the bottom toolbar can now be hidden and themed, app icon can be changed to match the theme, apple watch, soro shortcuts). I only have one suggestion atm, if the icon is changed (for example I use the black one) the splash screen on startup is still blue. This isn’t a big deal ofcourse, but it does break the consistency of the theme a bit.

Otherwise really great work, I saw your patreon link and I will most certainly donate money to this.

I’ve been banging on 2.0 pretty hard and have several bits of feedback and bug reports. I’ll get over to Github and submit specific broken stuff.

This one I can’t figure out if it’s a bug or PEBKAC: Thus far I have been completely unable to get Shortcut Actions to work at all - no matter what JSON I put on the clipboard via the previous Actions, I get an “unknown error” when it tries to call a service.

Speaking of which, what’s the reason for Actions using the clipboard rather than the input to the Action like everything else does? It’s pretty awkward to have to put in an Action just to copy the previous input to the clipboard, and then another two after the Hass Action to clear the clipboard (for privacy.) This also clears the user’s clipboard when this action gets invoked.

1 Like

I just installed the beta and at the moment I’m very positive about location tracking using both gps and beacon.

I’m using OwnTracks, 1.5.1 and 2.0beta: OwnTracks and 2.0beta device_tracker entities are updated mostly at the same time while 1.5.1 does not update often for hours whilst sharing the same configuration of the 2.0,

I hope that in the future I can drop OwnTracks using only Home-Assistant app.

Great job! Very happy to be a Patreon

1 Like

Need help with actionable push notifications… I get the notification, but it has no options. I have it set up in the app and use the action Identifier in the notification message:

action:
      - service: notify.ios_steves_iphone_x
        data:
          data:
            push:
              category: "HOUSEDOOR"
            action_data:
              entity_id: lock.family_room_door

What am I missing?

Annoying, as I am using the official ASWebAuthenticationSession and SFAuthenticationSession classes to allow automatically giving me the credentials without you having to login again at all, assuming you previously did login to Safari. Will investigate further.

Theme support only works with system themes, not user selected themes. This is a limitation in the HA frontend, not the iOS app.

Ticks are being removed anyway, always caused issues because they aren’t exactly realtime.

The difference between my version of Siri Shortcuts and HassApp’s version is that I allow you to run any service with any device, whereas only certain services are enabled for each device type. I don’t expect to change the behavior to the more limiting version. In the entity_id picker, the correct domain entities should be prioritized so its just a click. Are you not seeing this?

Complications are fixed in the next version.

2 Likes

That’s a weird issue, it would only say “not registered for remote notifications” if Apple has expired the token on their side.

Is anyone else having issues with push notifications de-registering?

Hmm… so why do themes work for me?