2.0 Release Update

hey!

for me not even the home network connection works. after type my login and password the the error message:

„ios component not loaded“

web and older app version works perfect

thx

Found a solution to my issue. I selected the “Connect via Cloud” option and now it works. Guess that was reset to off when I installed new version or maybe the switch is new. Not sure.

I think you should have

mobile_app:

In your configuration.yaml

1 Like

thank you that was the problem.

Every time I try to run setup but I only get error somethingbroke.fake I have made screen recording showing https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0u5VaUrzGGzWPX

I’m on iOS 13 beta 3, and I’m running version 2.0.0 (62)

I have tested a older version same thing but the version on AppStore works

I had the same error and the only way to get it working was installing version 43 then 51 and finally 62. I have mobile_app: on configuration.yaml.

Edit: Also on iOS beta 3.

HI,

I’m using “sensor.geocoded_location” for getting dynamic travel time from google distance matrix API

sensor:
  - platform: google_travel_time
    name: To office
    api_key: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    origin: sensor.geocoded_location
    destination: work 
    options:
      mode: driving

Problem is: Location from my HA iOS 2.0 beta app is not sending accurate location.

Can someone help me?

Is there any news on this (or am I doing something wrong?). I’m keen to try the v2.0 app but I don’t see it in the app store and according to the headline post it should have been released at least a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Robbie had a death in the family and has not been active for a few weeks. Just use the v2 beta.

2 Likes

I have an issue with the 2.0 beta version of the app.

I could registeren successfully. However, after having closed the app and starting it again, I can not get in anymore. I get an popup with the title “URL Unavailable.” And the message says: “Expected to have a Externe URL but none available! Please enter the URL. App will exit after entry, please reopen”.

Not sure what it wants. Does the app require Home Assistant to have an external url like with DuckDNS? My home assistant installation is not reachable from outside my network. It’s only accessible with a VPN connection to my home.

Edit: It looks like it’s got something to do with the location service. As soon as I remove and re-install the app and want to allow the phone’s location service, I get the external url popup again.

Does anyone know the best way to remove duplicate “mobile app” device entries?

I’ve already gone thru the entity registry and known_devices.yaml but I always end up with multiple devices listed:
Examining each of them, it appears that one is reporting iOS 12.3.2 and one is showing 12.2, so maybe this occurred after an update and has some stale info?

Is it possible to remove the duplicate (12.2) entry without having to rename my device?

Is there any news why the IOS 2.0 app not available in the Appstore? It is more then a month ago after this release post.

Read Davids post three posts up

Thanks Robban. Sorry for your lost Robbie.

1 Like

Condolence for your loss Robbie

2 Likes

I had the same issue.

I removed mobile_app: from config, deleted the ios integration, deleted the ios app, restarted HA.

Then I added back mobile_app: to config and restarted. Next reinstall the mobile app and you should be fine.

Thanks, @ashscott
So, that was a bit involved … but ultimately worked to kill my duplicate. I also had to migrate my device_tracker entities over to person to make everything happy … seems to be ok now but I wanted to move my wife to the HA Beta and it appears to be closed … unless someone has a way to get it otherwise?

Same problem here.
I have nabu casa, so that’s the only external URL I got. Not sure how to move forward.
I remember that it isn’t suposed to have duckdns or similar for the app to work, but now it requires an external URL and not hassio.local:8123

My hassio installation is not available from outside my network. I have to connect to my vpn at home in order to access it. The new app can not work with that, even when I set the up as host. The old app does wrk with it.

but if the app Knows and correctly dettects the nabu casa link, why do I need a second external access?
Doesn’t make sense.