2 instances for HA Android app?

how do i do this?
Capture

You need to create a profile on your android device itself: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2865483?hl=en

Instructions may vary by device

i’ll try that. i thought a different profile within the HA android app. Thank you

i just remembered, my xiaomi phone allows me to create 2 instances for apps

1 Like

Many apps now have support of many accounts, HA should make so

1 Like

Android Workaround: open the url from Chrome, add shortcut to Home Screen, Done. Tested, I can access multiple HA installations without re-login.

Be aware: if you logout and login with a different user, the user for the same (!) url will change in Chrome also.

Problem: location and other phone sensor information is not tested, these stuff are disabled on my phone, somebody else should give feedback on it.

All you are doing is running it in chrome, this isn’t really a workaround as this is how people used HA before the app and people still use it. All sensors, notifications and location tracking including widgets are all tied to the app so those should never be expected to work :wink:

1 Like

Year 2022. And still no possibility to add second Home to Home Assistant app on Android((. OpenHab has. Hope HA will too.

2 Likes

Any schedule for the app supporting multiple homes?

it will be ready when its ready

2 Likes

+1 for multiple homes. Ridiculously insignificant features seem to leapfrog this much needed one… :frowning:

Sorry you feel that way, us volunteers can and should work on whatever features we desire to put our free time and effort into.

7 Likes

for one, i doubt you’re sorry, you’re being patronizing, and then it’s just a +1 for what it’s worth…no need to get your panties in a bunch.

If you want it sooner, build it yourself or pay a developer to do it for you. You’re getting HA free of charge, so you can’t complain about what’s included or not…

Welcome to the community, @wimrunner , and let’s hope your future posts will carry at least a shred of value with them…

Standing up for developers does indeed have value. Putting them down in comments because the feature you want isn’t prioritized to your liking does not have value. Please remember to be respectful at all times to all community members.

Standing up for world peace is probably a valuable thing too, yet as irrelevant to a thread called “2 instances for HA app”.

And if voicing a strong +1 for a relevant to the thread feature is putting someone down, this someone maybe needs to notch down a bit their estimate of self-importance.

And that’s how, kids, one gets himself on the useless observations and mundane tangents bandwagon…

1 Like

+1 for me really wish to have, since I use two automated homes now.

Can’t see a way to have Work profile in Samsung galaxy fold 4

I believe it is under the Secure Folder settings. I set mine up for my 2nd HA system over a year ago and cannot remember exactly where it is located in the settings menu but that is what it is called on my Note 10+.

It works great for my use case.