2021.1: Happy New Year!

today it has been released it has been version 2021.01.5 of the supervisor

You’re mixing up the core version (2021.1.4) with the Supervisor version (2021.01.5)

Not really surprising since the naming convention is horrible to keep things sorted.

I think with all of the confusion around this we’ve been seeing I think it would be a big benefit to nip this in the bud now to prevent the type of confusion and pain we had with the naming/re-naming of Hassio/HAOS.

Just add either supervisor_<version> to the supervisor or core_<version> to the core software. easy-peasy. No more confusion.

1 Like

The supervisor 2021.01.5 seems unstable, I’ve never had problems with the deconz like this before. I’ve now had two breakdowns in the deconz in two days. Deconz looses serial communication it seems.

Axis integration stopped working for me after the update yesterday, anyone else affected?
Edit: Forget about it, deleting and adding it again seems to have fixed the issue.

It is possible but I was pretty sure that I saw that info from binary_sensor.updater. Not sure now. Never mind, anyway thank You. And maybe there should be an option for auto update supervisor?

The supervisor does auto-update.

Yes, but it is not as an option.

I think the idea of making supervisor updates optional has been rasied and dismissed previously, at length. I don’t think it will happen!

Does anybody know when the next release will happen? I am still on 2020.12.2 hoping that this fix is applied to 2021.1.5: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/45245

some of my sensors are sending data through MQTT and I am capturing the data in node red and assigning it to an input_number and then using a filter to get the data filtered

That’s a very long winded way to go about filtering data.

Capture the data using a home assistant mqtt sensor and apply the filter to that.

Thank you, I will investigate that option but at the moment I have many sensors setup in this way and some of them with complex rules so I guess it will take me a while to move them all to sensors and I don´t want to wait as it seems there is some security issues with the HA Core previous to 2021.1.3.

Coming back to my previous question, does anybody know when 2021.1.5 will be released?

No guarantees if it does get released. It’s not tagged for a milestone and kinda to be dependent on another commit. I wouldn’t count on it personally.

Thank you very much for the info, time to start working on my sensors then

I cannot update from 2021.1.1.0 to 2021.1.1.4.
Any suggestions?

Bug in 2021.1.4. Configuration=>Entities and then click to select all entities, and non of them get checks in their boxes yet notice says they are selected. Also, randomly some show selected when not selected.

You should be on 2021.1.5 now, see the 2nd security disclosure.

After update to 2021.1.5 I cannot see the Automations menu option in Configuration anymore, I see the message “Home Assistant is starting, not everything will be available until it is finished” for eternity and “Check configuration” option does not finish anymore. Everything was working on 2021.1.3.

Anyone has reproduce this behaviour?

Edit: I have a wonderful surprise on my log…:
2021-01-24 08:31:37 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of automation is taking longer than 300 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer

After update to 2021.1.5 there are some bugs in lovelace ui:
When I try to edit dashboard and push the button ‘Edit Dashboard’, I I cannot see the button ‘Raw configuration editor’, instead of this I see the button ‘Edit Dashboard’ again. Also I cannot see the button to close edit mode.

Not seeing that issue myself. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?