2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

So upgraded knowing my tuya thermostat was going mess up and it has, 15C is reported as 3C and 20C reported as 4C.

I can automate the temp so it isn’t the end of the world, then used a range node to a new entity so I can at least see what it is set to properly in lovelace.

Looking at the API there is a scale setting which I can see but can’t change so I’m guessing the smartlife app must be able to use the scale setting so it looks correct in the APP.

I’m pretty sure the new API isn’t pulling the current temp anymore either, just the target temp.

Other then the tuya bits upgrade went well as always.

Oh so your HA server is not even directly connected to the subnet? I guess nobody considered that case.

@hmoffatt They’re on a separate IOT vlan.

I updated through the versions to 2021.10.2. The Pentair Screenlogic integration is broken on all 2021.10.X versions. Went back to core-2021.9.7 and everything is working again. What is the best way to report this issue?
THX

Github issue :slight_smile:

Can you please fix the Notifications for Android TV discovery issue explained here?

As I was reproducing the Screenlogic problem to document it, I found a weird interaction between it and the Netgear integration. Deleted them both and re-added. All fine now.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

Mine too but my HA is also on that vlan (as well as the regular vlan).

Hello, after updating to 10.2, icon appears on the person badge pictures.

How can i remove them ?
Thanks for helping

edit :

I tried icon: ’ ’ but no more picture

Please post an issue on github.

I solved it with

style:
          ha-state-label-badge:
            $:
              ha-label-badge:
                $: |
                  .label-badge .value > slot {
                    display: none;
                  }

But yeah, posting an issue on Github would most likely be the correct thing to do :).

The previous message about github wasnt for me…

Thanks, i will try

one has already ben logged

HA badge icon shows both entity’s icon picture and default person icon · Issue #10197 · home-assistant/frontend (github.com)

and the fix waiting to be merged

Fix icon overlay for person badges by ludeeus · Pull Request #10201 · home-assistant/frontend (github.com)

1 Like

Wow even the devs are unsure what this new version of tuya should be called, its now been reclassed as Tuya again and not tuya_v2

Lets call it v1.99, close but no there yet.

Issues · home-assistant/core (github.com)

1 Like

I’m also using Home Assistant Core in a python3 venv on raspberryPi3 and I solved in this way (without updating pip):

sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev \
    python3-dev cargo

as suggested here in cryptography docs.

then I made home assistant upgrade and pip compiled cryptography by itself

1 Like

Honeywell Liryc integration broken with core-2021.10. It says “400, message=‘Bad Request’, url=URL(‘https://api.honeywell.com/oauth2/token’)” after some time…

Also forced to rollback! Bad update!
Bring back the old Tuya!!!

Not going to happen.

1 Like

no I removed v2 and setup as new it found all devices I had in v2 apart from Aromatherapy machines I had 2 in tuya v2 now it only finds the Aromatherapy light not the machine to spray any ideas

I have removed Tuya v2 and reinstalled the HACS tuya custom which is working fine for now, all my bulbs are using tuya local and thermostat tuya custom which allows you to set the scaling for proper temps.