2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons

Get the URLs by fetching the config https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/api/websocket#fetching-config

2 Likes

Could anyone find an easy way to see which icons have been changed/added: 2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons - Home Assistant
Great as their icons are, I find it practically impossible to find that kind of infoā€¦ version 6, but, where to find that

1 Like

The docs seem to point to either W or kW being supported. Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs

exactly. thanks for that, was looking for itā€¦

I just added that it seems to be a translation issue:

Translation Error: The intl string context variable "state_unit" was not provided to the string "The unit (''{state_unit}'') of the recorded statistics doesn't match a unit of device class ''{device_class}''."

tplink stopped working again (https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/45943)ā€¦all switches and plugs are now ā€œunavailableā€. This has happened earlier with other releases as well! :frowning: They were working fine and stopped working after updating to new HA version today!

Please give us energy month start customization on next updates!! Month start for Energy monitoring - Feature Requests

2 Likes

wait, Spacegaier posted this on Discord: Material Design Icons

which is already a good start.

would be nice if we could enter the release tag there. If one could find thoseā€¦

Just change the URL:

https://pictogrammers.github.io/@mdi/font/6.2.95/
                                           ^^^
                                           |||

ofcā€¦
but to which tag-numberā€¦ cant find their previously released release tags anywhere

https://dev.materialdesignicons.com/changelog

2 Likes

yes! thank you so much! Ive been looking for this for agesā€¦

I found that my TP-Link lights that were unavailable after the upgrade had a new entity id with [old entity id]_2. Check your entities, that may have happened to you as well. And of course, update any automations, light groups, etc. that may have used the old entity id.

1 Like

After upgrading the homeassistant core, the load on the cpu has increased significantly. There is nothing in the logs, everything works correctly, but the load average is around 1.3 (normally on my raspberry pi 4 it is around 0.2). I uninstalled the only custom component I was using (Overkiz). I canā€™t figure out which HA operation in particular is occupying the CPU. I tried rebooting from a clean DB, but nothing has changed.
I use this integrations:
fritz!wlan
homekit controller
Daikin AC
Google Cast
Hacs
IPP
Kodi
Mosquitto Broker
Nest
Nmap
Philips Hue
Shelly
Sony Bravia
certificate expiration
waze
twinkly
wled
xiaomi miio
yeelight

Iā€™ve tried to rollback to 2021.09.7, load average is 0.2, but all long term statistics disappeared

1 Like

Not sure if they are the same but there is a breaking change for tp-link kasa smart integration

Using MSSQL, getting this immediately after upgrading. I did it twice, so rolling back.

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder
Source: components/recorder/util.py:116
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:11:45 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:11:45

Database error during schema migration
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1771, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 717, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
pyodbc.ProgrammingError: ('42000', "[42000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '0'. (102) (SQLExecDirectW)")

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py", line 735, in _migrate_schema_and_setup_run
    migration.migrate_schema(self, current_version)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 77, in migrate_schema
    _apply_update(instance, session, new_version, current_version)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/migration.py", line 562, in _apply_update
    sum_statistics = get_metadata_with_session(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/statistics.py", line 402, in get_metadata_with_session
    result = execute(baked_query(session).params(statistic_ids=statistic_ids))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/util.py", line 116, in execute
    result = list(qry)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/baked.py", line 382, in __iter__
    return self._iter().__iter__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/baked.py", line 412, in _iter
    result = self.session.execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 1689, in execute
    result = conn._execute_20(statement, params or {}, execution_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1583, in _execute_20
    return meth(self, args_10style, kwargs_10style, execution_options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/elements.py", line 323, in _execute_on_connection
    return connection._execute_clauseelement(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1452, in _execute_clauseelement
    ret = self._execute_context(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1814, in _execute_context
    self._handle_dbapi_exception(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1995, in _handle_dbapi_exception
    util.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 207, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1771, in _execute_context
    self.dialect.do_execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 717, in do_execute
    cursor.execute(statement, parameters)
sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError: (pyodbc.ProgrammingError) ('42000', "[42000] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '0'. (102) (SQLExecDirectW)")
[SQL: SELECT statistics_meta.id AS statistics_meta_id, statistics_meta.statistic_id AS statistics_meta_statistic_id, statistics_meta.unit_of_measurement AS statistics_meta_unit_of_measurement, statistics_meta.has_mean AS statistics_meta_has_mean, statistics_meta.has_sum AS statistics_meta_has_sum 
FROM statistics_meta 
WHERE statistics_meta.has_sum IS NOT 0]
(Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/f405)

Tuya V2 is unreliable as it requires a connection to Tuya cloud servers, and devices running on it were unavailable for several hours earlier this week. They had to all be manually reset once the outage was over before Home Assistant could interact with them again. No word yet from Tuya on the active bugs related to this on the repo.

I feel like this integration is fundamentally at odds with the motivation that many users of Home Assistant had in the first place: to retain control of their devices, PRECISELY to prevent outages like this from making our smart homes come to a stop.

Are there any plans to remedy this longer-term? If not, I feel that we are about as exposed to Tuya whims as we are to TP-Link Kasa whims, yet the latter has an active alert warning users it may not be safe to use it.

5 Likes

Same. I lost these as well. I used these all the time.
kib_s_received
kib_s_sent

Same error on my side using MSSQL. Syntax errorā€¦ should be
WHERE statistics_meta.has_sum <> 0
instead of
WHERE statistics_meta.has_sum IS NOT 0

i would add your issue here as it seems it known about. Schema migration error when upgrading to 2021.10 from 2021.9.7 using MSSQL Ā· Issue #57194 Ā· home-assistant/core (github.com)

Seems like it should be fixed in next update

Thanks! That was the case with mine as well.