2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

see here Nach Update auf core-2021.11.0 ist der Wert illumination vom HmIP-SMI nicht verfügbar · Issue #442 · danielperna84/pyhomematic · GitHub

One PR merge is currently missing in the HA release.

Tuya wifi siren, zigbee temperature and humidity sensor devices are not supported.

siren:

temperature and humidity sensor:

many thanks!

Been running for 20 minutes now and still don’t have access to my History or recorder. Think the DB migration failed, or at least the logs think it did:
Database error during schema migration

10:44:35 AM – (ERROR) Recorder

Error executing query: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1054, "Unknown column 'statistics_meta.name' in 'field list'") [SQL: SELECT statistics_meta.id AS statistics_meta_id, statistics_meta.statistic_id AS statistics_meta_statistic_id, statistics_meta.source AS statistics_meta_source, statistics_meta.unit_of_measurement AS statistics_meta_unit_of_measurement, statistics_meta.has_mean AS statistics_meta_has_mean, statistics_meta.has_sum AS statistics_meta_has_sum, statistics_meta.name AS statistics_meta_name FROM statistics_meta WHERE statistics_meta.has_sum = true] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

10:44:35 AM – (ERROR) Recorder

Error executing query: (MySQLdb._exceptions.OperationalError) (1054, "Unknown column 'statistics_meta.name' in 'field list'") [SQL: SELECT statistics_meta.id AS statistics_meta_id, statistics_meta.statistic_id AS statistics_meta_statistic_id, statistics_meta.source AS statistics_meta_source, statistics_meta.unit_of_measurement AS statistics_meta_unit_of_measurement, statistics_meta.has_mean AS statistics_meta_has_mean, statistics_meta.has_sum AS statistics_meta_has_sum, statistics_meta.name AS statistics_meta_name FROM statistics_meta WHERE statistics_meta.has_sum = true] (Background on this error at: https://sqlalche.me/e/14/e3q8)

10:44:35 AM – (ERROR) Recorder - message first occurred at 10:44:35 AM and shows up 3 times

media_player.plex_plex_web_chrome_osx_3 does not support any media_player features

10:44:35 AM – (ERROR) HomeKit - message first occurred at 10:44:35 AM and shows up 17 times

Updating character set and collation of table events to utf8mb4. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

10:44:35 AM – (WARNING) Recorder - message first occurred at 10:44:35 AM and shows up 3 times

Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: 20

10:44:35 AM – (WARNING) Recorder

UPDATE: Looks like all of my custom sensors are failing to update:

2021-11-04 13:49:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.ac_run_time_today fails

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 468, in async_update_ha_state

await self.async_device_update()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 658, in async_device_update

raise exc

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/history_stats/sensor.py", line 221, in async_update

await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/history_stats/sensor.py", line 227, in _update

history_list = history.state_changes_during_period(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/history.py", line 147, in state_changes_during_period

with session_scope(hass=hass) as session:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/contextlib.py", line 119, in __enter__

return next(self.gen)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/util.py", line 73, in session_scope

session = hass.data[DATA_INSTANCE].get_session()

TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Update 2:
Reverted to 2021.10.7 without issue. Will stay here until I hear any updates

1 Like

Hi All,

SInce 2021.11.0 I have problems with Safari and Firefox.
I can login on my HAOS system via web, but logo is spray there for ages…

Even with Firefox same issue, but if I change “Privacy and Security” then from standard to custom and disable: Cookies, following, crypto miners, fingerprints I can access HA webui.

For Safari i don’t know how to able to login normal again…

cleaning cache didn’ t work

Core: 2021.11.0
Superviser: 2021.10.8
HA OS: 6.6

Possibly this - Home Assistant Alexa Cloud - Device is unresponsive

Did you find a fix for this? I have this happening in my Frigate cards

1 Like

Next time please do NOT bump your question after 2 hours. Wait 24 hours.

3 Likes

The problem with Atomic Calendar card is fixed. Today’s update of that card installed and all is fine now.

1 Like

I just upgraded and had to do the whole tuya song and dance again. It added the devices but all the heaters are marked as unsupported.

Honestly, I don’t get it. It worked before you made the change, it worked after the change but with this last change it’s now marked as unsupported.

I update home assistant not necessarily for the features it adds but to be up to date with patches to vulnerabilities or other security risks but it just keeps breaking this tuya crap

sigh

For those using SolarEdge, after upgrading if you find several of your solaredge sensor entities missing, as stated in the release notes, its because they may have been defaulted to disabled. To enable them, go to the UI for the SolarEdge integration and enable the entities you want.

1 Like

Ok, walking the docker back to 2021.10 restored the tuya heaters functionality, very welcome in these cold months.

I deleted my old config and was able to add it using the new built in integration. The sensors changed names but I had no real issues.

Octoprint UI intergration is not finished or not working ok - only one instance is possible, i had more than one in yaml before! I use this for CNC, LASER, and cutters! Now can connect only one printer, please fix this asap.
Onvif integration only one cam works has also some bug have two same cheap onvif ptz cams that do work on other software only HA cant be set.

Until this is sorted, you could use the mqtt plugin in octoprint, you can have more than one instance with different base topics

Report your issue on github if there is one, make sure to include logs. Already an issue

Getting the same as well. Had to re-add the integration after the update and it was working fine until I rebooted tonight. Several reboots and it’s still does not work.

Seems we have a Fix until the update is rolled out. Change your SmartLife password and reinstall the integration or change it twice with the last password being your normal password and restart HA

Unfortunately this did not help in my case. Tuya keeps on giving me “Login error (1106): permission deny” where it worked in last version. Any other ideas?

Also noticed another issue; the “Trial” setup for IoT Core now seems to have a 1 month validity time, which makes it fully irrelevant. The license I got a few weeks ago seems to be for 12 months, which is also too short, but 1 month…

Broke my HomeKit Controller integration (pulls a Nest Thermostat from Homebridge)
Worked great up all the way up until 2021.10.7
After 2021.11.0 all sensors unavailable
Attempted to remove/re-add the integration and am completely unable to. It sees it broadcasting as a HomeKit device, but does not successfully add it. I cleared dialog box already, something along the lines of ‘Config flow could not be added(generated?)’

Reverting back to 2021.10.7 for the time being

Sidenote: I know there is an official Nest integration, but it does not work with their Temp sensors, where as Homebridges integration does)

Do the device(s) show up on Tuya website?