2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

Sounds like you didn’t setup the persistent storage properly for your container.

I did not have the atomic-calendar-revive integration installed, I had it previously but it was removed some versions ago. Now after installing it again al my card in some of my views have returned.

After 2021.11.2 the BMW Connected integration doesn’t work anymore…

2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/sensor.py”, line 528, in update
self._attr_native_value = getattr(vehicle_state, sensor_key).value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’
2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 251, in update
self._attr_is_on = self.entity_description.value_fn(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 102, in _is_vehicle_charging
extra_attributes[“charging_status”] = vehicle_state.charging_status.value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’

I would like to propose for one of the next releases the ability to separate Automations and Scripts into groups, for example all automations that involve lighting will be grouped in a group called Lighting. Since I have around 150 automations, this would help me a lot when searching for a certain automation or script.

1 Like

Good idea, but this belongs in the feature request section of the forum.

Also there is an existing feature requests for this. Please vote for it rather than opening a new one.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/grouping-automations-on-frontend-for-organization/102771

Thanks, I will, I didn’t know there was one. I am not very familiar with the forum, but thanks!

Update: Two ZWave multisensors still not updating their temp or humidity values to HA. I updated ZWave JS to 0.1.47 and no improvement. Multiple HA restarts and device power cycles has not fixed them. Time for me to report it on GitHub

You may need to reinterview the device (select device from Configuration → Devices, then Re-interview under Device info). If that fails, delete it and then re-add.

I’ve done this a few times already.

Will give this a go and see what happens

@frenck Nice update! Really liking the new entity category feature. Previously, I used to just disable entities that are not controls so they don’t show up over HomeKit.

However… is it possible to define/override entity categories in the UI? I use zigbee2mqtt for a number of my devices, and looking at the docs, entity_category seems like something for the developer to implement. However, in my situation, I’m not sure if it’s going to be zigbee2mqtt’s job or MQTT’s job, and config switches are still showing up under “Controls” in the device’s pane:

Rather than waiting around for an update for this to work properly, could we just be given an option to override the category ourselves?

If it’s already available, could you kindly point us towards where it might be? I can’t seem to find it! Thanks!

it was the mini media player causing this issue

Thanks

Same error… BMW ConnectedDrive sensors stopped functioning · Issue #59403 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

just use custom card auto-entities and be as flexible as you need to be. example:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: All Automations on
      show_header_toggle: false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: automation
          state: 'on'
          last_triggered: '> 5'
          options:
            type: custom:template-entity-row
            toggle: true
            #active: '{{ (state_attr(config.entity, ''current'') | int) > 0 }}'
            secondary: |
              {%- if state_attr(config.entity, 'last_triggered') -%}
                {{ relative_time(state_attr(config.entity, 'last_triggered')) }} ago
              {%- else -%}
                Never triggered
              {%- endif -%}
            hold_action: |
              {
                "action": "navigate",
                "navigation_path": "/config/automation/trace/{{ config.entity.split('.')[1] }}"
              }
      exclude:
        - attributes:
            last_triggered: null
    sort:
      method: last_triggered
      reverse: true

for scripts, of course change domain :wink:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: All Scripts
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: script
          options:
            secondary_info: last-triggered
      exclude:
        - attributes:
            last_triggered: null
    sort:
      method: attribute
      attribute: last_triggered
      reverse: true

Hi, did the update to 2021.11.2 but this broke my Tuya config? Lamps and switchers are no longer working. Going back to 2011.11.1 did not help, still no Tuya.

Error:
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/tuya/init.py:75
First occurred: 16:54:50 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:54:50

Error setting up entry [email protected] for tuya
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 304, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 63, in async_setup_entry
success = await _init_tuya_sdk(hass, entry)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 75, in _init_tuya_sdk
auth_type = AuthType(entry.data[CONF_AUTH_TYPE])
KeyError: ‘auth_type’

Eh… .help would be very appreciated!

yeah I am having a similar issue. did you find a fix?

The icon picker would be a welcome addition to the (entity) Customizations page.

The int filter without a default specified now also logs an error, like float did last month. Didn’t see it in the breaking changes though. :smiley:

Given the work on Recorder, would it not make sense to finally support InfluxDB for all HA database processes?

Anthem AV integration still doesn’t work