2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

That’s a support community for github itself, no affiliation with home-assistant. You also didn’t include any logs. Create your issue against home-assistant/core located here:

Please post logs in the issue after you update and the entity appears as unavailable.

Thank you. I will do this.

Hello,

I have a raspi 4 with zwavejs2mqtt and deconz running on it. HA is a VM in VMware connecting via the websocket. Every time I update HA it requires an updated version of zwavejs2mqtt which breaks my zwave devices. All of my devices are still connected to zwavejs2mqtt but they always show up as generic devices in HA. Even if I name them within zwavejs they still show as generic node 26 et cetera.

How can I do this so that all the devices retain their device names during an HA upgrade or zwavejs2mqtt upgrade?

On a side note - I have to keep them separate because the raspi 4 is located near the center of my house and provides the best experience this way.

Thanks!

Anyone having problem in restore backup on the fresh install HA Supervised? I forget about this during my recovery process after breaking changes. The link is basically unclickable.

is the xiaomi hub broken since 2011.11.1 ? had to update to the new version for tuya but broke xiaomi integration in the meant time

Lee B

I’m not sure if this is something that happened as a result of the 2021.11 update or the ZWave JS update from 0.1.45 to 0.1.46 (as I basically did both at the same time) but some of my Aeotec Multisensors are no longer updating the lux level, however motion etc are still updating fine.

Anyone else noticed this?

Someone else mentioned something similar iirc

Sounds like you didn’t setup the persistent storage properly for your container.

I did not have the atomic-calendar-revive integration installed, I had it previously but it was removed some versions ago. Now after installing it again al my card in some of my views have returned.

After 2021.11.2 the BMW Connected integration doesn’t work anymore…

2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/sensor.py”, line 528, in update
self._attr_native_value = getattr(vehicle_state, sensor_key).value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’
2021-11-09 22:02:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] bmw_connected_drive: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 431, in _async_add_entity
await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 651, in async_device_update
await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 251, in update
self._attr_is_on = self.entity_description.value_fn(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bmw_connected_drive/binary_sensor.py”, line 102, in _is_vehicle_charging
extra_attributes[“charging_status”] = vehicle_state.charging_status.value
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘value’

I would like to propose for one of the next releases the ability to separate Automations and Scripts into groups, for example all automations that involve lighting will be grouped in a group called Lighting. Since I have around 150 automations, this would help me a lot when searching for a certain automation or script.

1 Like

Good idea, but this belongs in the feature request section of the forum.

Also there is an existing feature requests for this. Please vote for it rather than opening a new one.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/grouping-automations-on-frontend-for-organization/102771

Thanks, I will, I didn’t know there was one. I am not very familiar with the forum, but thanks!

Update: Two ZWave multisensors still not updating their temp or humidity values to HA. I updated ZWave JS to 0.1.47 and no improvement. Multiple HA restarts and device power cycles has not fixed them. Time for me to report it on GitHub

You may need to reinterview the device (select device from Configuration → Devices, then Re-interview under Device info). If that fails, delete it and then re-add.

I’ve done this a few times already.

Will give this a go and see what happens

@frenck Nice update! Really liking the new entity category feature. Previously, I used to just disable entities that are not controls so they don’t show up over HomeKit.

However… is it possible to define/override entity categories in the UI? I use zigbee2mqtt for a number of my devices, and looking at the docs, entity_category seems like something for the developer to implement. However, in my situation, I’m not sure if it’s going to be zigbee2mqtt’s job or MQTT’s job, and config switches are still showing up under “Controls” in the device’s pane:

Rather than waiting around for an update for this to work properly, could we just be given an option to override the category ourselves?

If it’s already available, could you kindly point us towards where it might be? I can’t seem to find it! Thanks!

it was the mini media player causing this issue

Thanks

Same error… BMW ConnectedDrive sensors stopped functioning · Issue #59403 · home-assistant/core · GitHub