2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

just use custom card auto-entities and be as flexible as you need to be. example:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: All Automations on
      show_header_toggle: false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: automation
          state: 'on'
          last_triggered: '> 5'
          options:
            type: custom:template-entity-row
            toggle: true
            #active: '{{ (state_attr(config.entity, ''current'') | int) > 0 }}'
            secondary: |
              {%- if state_attr(config.entity, 'last_triggered') -%}
                {{ relative_time(state_attr(config.entity, 'last_triggered')) }} ago
              {%- else -%}
                Never triggered
              {%- endif -%}
            hold_action: |
              {
                "action": "navigate",
                "navigation_path": "/config/automation/trace/{{ config.entity.split('.')[1] }}"
              }
      exclude:
        - attributes:
            last_triggered: null
    sort:
      method: last_triggered
      reverse: true

for scripts, of course change domain :wink:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: All Scripts
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: script
          options:
            secondary_info: last-triggered
      exclude:
        - attributes:
            last_triggered: null
    sort:
      method: attribute
      attribute: last_triggered
      reverse: true

Hi, did the update to 2021.11.2 but this broke my Tuya config? Lamps and switchers are no longer working. Going back to 2011.11.1 did not help, still no Tuya.

Error:
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/tuya/init.py:75
First occurred: 16:54:50 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:54:50

Error setting up entry [email protected] for tuya
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 304, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self) # type: ignore
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 63, in async_setup_entry
success = await _init_tuya_sdk(hass, entry)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/init.py”, line 75, in _init_tuya_sdk
auth_type = AuthType(entry.data[CONF_AUTH_TYPE])
KeyError: ‘auth_type’

Eh… .help would be very appreciated!

yeah I am having a similar issue. did you find a fix?

The icon picker would be a welcome addition to the (entity) Customizations page.

The int filter without a default specified now also logs an error, like float did last month. Didn’t see it in the breaking changes though. :smiley:

Given the work on Recorder, would it not make sense to finally support InfluxDB for all HA database processes?

Anthem AV integration still doesn’t work

You’re going to have to be patient. You opened that issue 4 days ago. Fixes take time. There is no time table for these fixes. You can’t expect all other work to stop, and your issue addressed immediately. So I ask again, please wait. It could be weeks or months before a fix is introduced.

2 Likes

Well damn ok

I’m reading through the forums and not finding the specific changes to be made. Most of my custom cards updated and restored icons to cards, but the custom jukebox card hasn’t updated in a year and might be abandoned. I’m trying to research what changes brought the icons back so that I can try to fix my jukebox card and possibly submit a PR. Can you point me in the right direction? I’ve tried reading through the changes in my cards that did update, but I’m not finding how the icons were fixed.

I don’t know what the change was, I just know there was a change. IIRC it wasn’t a change to icons, it was a change to the base card that everything inherits from.

1 Like

In case it helps anyone else, I found the underlying issue here:

Short version is anything using ha-icon-button broke until adding an additional ha-icon entry. I’m trying to figure out how to make this change in the custom jukebox card in case the author or someone who knows JS beats me to it.

A day ago an update became available for Z Wave JS to MQTT. I completed the update then noticed that my CPU activity had jumped from 5% to 40% and stayed there for a day. Of course CPU temperature rose about 10 C also. Today I tried a “restart” on that add-on and the CPU activity promptly went back to 5%. This is just to let folks know what to do in case you see the same thing. Kind regards,

2 Likes

Is there a possibility to change the colors of the history graph card in Lovelace? I just upgraded from version 2021.5.5 - and although I like the new design of the card, the new colors really aren’t my favorite ones…

Can we talk about the change to the auto-generated dashboard

Non-primary entities are hidden from generated Lovelace dashboards. This reduces the clutter and makes the generated dashboards more useful for daily use.

This is an anti-feature. The default auto-generated was never pretty or tidy, but it helped us all to have maximum visibility and control. “Useful for daily use” is what you build your own dashboards for.

Please please please bring all entites back to any auto-generated dashboard. A second one for all I care. This is a nightmare!

Nope, standard history graph card uses predefined pallette, included in integrated library, that cannot be changed.
For line/bar charts you can use however mini graph chart or Apex card, that allows color customization.
For bars specificaly there is also custom bar card available.
I’m not aware about any ‘timeline’ replacement, however (or whatever chart showing non-numeric states should be called).

See, I would say that having a dashboard made up of every single entity in my HA system would be a nightmare.

5 Likes

In most cases I would too. Eventually it might be good to have the ability to better configure dashboards.

I agree that the auto generated dashboard should be all inclusive. It also helps when creating new dashboards because you can then remove what you don’t need without having to manually add the ones that are now being excluded.
Keep the automated dashboard all inclusive and create custom ones if the automatic one is too crowded for you.

1 Like