2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

Hello there,

Since 2021.11.3 my Zwave 2 MQTT stopped workign generating a lot of error into the OS. Rebooting the OS breaks the OS. Anyone experiencing this? Hopefully I do a VM snapshot before and after each upgrade. Tried multiple times and everytime I ugrade to 11.3 same issue occurs.

Donā€™t know where to post this. But my Nest Thermostat becomes unavailable after updating to version 2021.11.4.

When I go back to version 2021.11.3 it becomes available again.

Seems there were nest issues a few hours ago, my nest cam was also unavailable, now all good

No, you just missed it in 2021.10ā€™s notes

Thank you for the info! Itā€™s a pity because I think the axis grid of the ā€œoriginal cardā€ is better than the one shown by the two custom cards.

Thanks to everyone involved! I think itā€™s great that you take the time to write such informative release notes and acknowledge everyoneā€™s efforts. It must be quite some work, so hereā€™s my thumbs up for you as well! :+1:

I have added a MQTT device_category transmission to my device sensors. Older versions of HomeAssistant refuse to recognize this element and the automatic configuration does not work.

* Exception in discovery_callback when dispatching 'mqtt_discovery_updated_('sensor', 'switcher_test_2 device_temperature')': ({'state_topic': 'devices/switcher_test_2/state', 'device': {'model': 'LWO6S', 'identifiers': ['switcher_test_2'], 'name': 'switcher_test_2', 'manufacturer': 'Volgunov Andrey'}, 'device_class': 'temperature', 'entity_category': 'diagnostic', 'name': 'switcher_test_2 Device temperature', 'expire_after': 180, 'unique_id': 'switcher_test_2_sensor_device_temperature', 'json_attributes_topic': 'devices/switcher_test_2/state', 'unit_of_measurement': 'Ā°C', 'value_template': '{{ value_json.device_temperature }}', 'platform': 'mqtt'},) Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/mixins.py", line 449, in discovery_callback await self._discovery_update(payload) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/mixins.py", line 592, in discovery_update config = self.config_schema()(discovery_payload) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 218, in __call__ return self._exec((Schema(val) for val in self.validators), v) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 341, in _exec raise e if self.msg is None else AllInvalid(self.msg, path=path) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 337, in _exec v = func(v) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__ return self._compiled([], data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 817, in validate_callable return schema(data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__ return self._compiled([], data) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 594, in validate_dict return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 432, in validate_mapping raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors) voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: extra keys not allowed @ data['entity_category']

The current update 2021.11.5 is not suggested to me. Last update I got was 2021.11.4 and supervisor tells me, that this is the current version. In the logs I can only find this entry:

21-11-22 02:25:31 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Fetching update data from https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json

If I curl this url I get an valid output.

What could be the reason, that the update is not suggested to me?

Supervisor only checks for updates once a day. If you reload the Supervisor it should see the update I believe.

As I can see in the logs, the supervisor checks every 2 hours for updates.
The check runs without errors and the URL (https://version.home-assistant.io/stable.json) can be queried via curl from the host.
Not only did I restart the supervisor, but the entire HA system and later the entire host as well.
However, I am not offered the update and now I do not know what else to do. No errors can be seen.

fyi: I deleted file updater.json and reloaded supervisor, then I was able to updateā€¦

Hello, may someone get an example for this feature:

Thanks to @ludeeus, the Supervisor integration now has binary sensors that can tell you which add-on is running or not.

Go to Configuration / Integrations and add the Supervisor integration if it is not already listed.

The entities of this integration include binary sensors for each addon that reflect the running state. They may be disabled and you will have to enable them if you want to use them. Do this from the Supervisor integration entities list.

After the last update in HA Core in November , the state of Tuya/Smartlife devices do not update on change of state. I have to reload the Tuya Integration and are back to the correct state. I have about 18 devices in Smartlife , about 5 to 6 behave erratically after the November update. Any one faceinfg this problem ?

Yes:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tuya-lights-switches-delay-in-updating-states-is-it-only-me/357889/18

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tuya-v2-does-not-refresh-states-of-entities/341991

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/59874

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/59911

If you have any additional information, you could add it to the open issues on GitHub. Otherwise, just add a thumbs up to the report. There doesnā€™t yet appear to be a response from the Tuya side on this, which is where most of us suspect the problem lies.

11.5 Broke all Smartthings devices. They all show offline/unavailable

11.5 Also seems to break the Tibber integration. All the entities appear as Unavailable.

The following 3 errors are displayed in the logs:

I considered deleting the integration, and re-add it under a newly generated token, but I really want to avoid doing so as I have some template entities based on attributes from the integration.

Any tips?

Have you reloaded the integration again?
If so, does rolling back to 11.4 get it working again?

Rolling back did not fix it. Others have tried to remove/setup with no luck.

I just deleted the integration and re-added the integration again creating a new token from ST. It is working now. Thanks!