2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Anyone else having issues with Hue zones and rooms? After upgrading to 2021.12, I have re-enabled the zone entities. But I experience the following behaviour:

• When turning on the lights that are grouped as a room or zone in the Hue app (i.e. showing as one entity in HA), sometimes there is a small delay between them turning on: one turns on slightly later than the other, instead of simultaniously.
  • Sometimes, not all lights in the zone are turned on, only some of them
  • Sometimes, the brightness of the light is not properly set

I did not experience these issues before upgrading to 2021.12. Issue seems to be still present in 2021.12.1.

Signify (Philips) eliminated effects from its new API. That’s why they no longer exist in the new Philips Hue integration (which employs the new API).

FWIW, there’s an effect that makes a light “breathe” (what you see when the Hue app identifies a light for configuration) and the developer intends to use that for a long flash (there’s nothing natively available to support a short flash).

1 Like

I guess if he implements it as an effect you could apply it and then switch it back to no effect quickly so it flashes fewer times. Better than trying to script the flash effect and return original state!

Please read the release notes. Or this Thread. Or both.

2 Likes

I have different symptoms (still no values after 20 reboots) and also opened an issue tracker meanwhile:

Can someone tell me where to find release note concerning the following:
device_state_attributes for custom components
since this last update I get the following in my log:
Entity light.neviweb_light_bureau (<class 'custom_components.neviweb.light.NeviwebLight'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
As I’m the author can someone tell me where I can get information about the change I need to do ?
Thank you

I have the same issue when you toggle a group switch instead of toggling the group the info box shows up with group detail

Doh! Mist it the first time. Thanks for taking the time to redirect.

1 Like

Relates back to 2021.4 I believe. 2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️ - Home Assistant

This pull specifically (according to the release notes): Replace Entity.device_state_attributes with Entity.extra_state_attributes by emontnemery · Pull Request #47304 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

can you show me what you mean “in the integration”?

input booleans no longer work as switches in Alexa. They are now showing up as other.

@uvjim ,thank you very much. Now I can update my custom components

@uvjim
Thank you, that did it. :+1:

tuya

That’s a result of the failure. Did you write up an issue on github with the error from your logs?

Yes have the same issue, i used the flash optin in an automation, and not working anymore.

Thats great news Petro, thank you looking forward for the implementation😀

It’s a straight name swap see this PR:

1 Like

Thanks for the update; some nice features to test. But I have a problem as well :grinning:

I use 2 Hue touch buttons that are build into wall switches. These are the last ones to use my Hue bridge as everything else is migrated to ZHA.

The Hue touch buttons are part of an automation that tests if a specific event comes in via the Hue integration.

alias: Hue Touch Keuken Scenes
description: Process scene commands coming from Hue Touch
id: f00eb98b-a165-4d80-9182-30e2fcdbf26f
trigger:
- platform: event
  event_type: hue_event
  event_data:
    unique_id: 00:00:00:00:00:45:0e:ff-f2

condition: []

action:
- choose:
  # switch left top
  - conditions: 
    - condition: template
      value_template: "{{trigger.event.data.event == 16}}"     
    sequence:
    - service: scene.turn_on
      data_template:
        entity_id: scene.woonkamer_cosy
    - service: logbook.log
      data:
        name: Hue Touch

after updating to Home Assistant 2021.12.1 events do not come in any more. Have restarted the system, removed and readded the integration. Not sure what else I can do?

Edit: added correct HA version