2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

I want to say thank you Marcel van der Veldt for all efforts done to solve hue integration with 2021.12.3
Impressive how fast this was available.
Also thank you to move to the next gen api of Hue already.
This is more faster, more accurate and now we can also play with motion sensor On/Off.
We loose (thanks to philips) some features like flash,colorloop,dark, daylight but that’s life :slight_smile:

My action during 2021.12.2 was to rollback to 2021.12.1.
Today, I’m on 2021.12.3 and everything is working well. With 30 devices on hue, it’s control nearly all the lights, so it’s more impacting in winter.

One point was my experience with backup, I loose all the statistic past data related to energy + all entities with statistic. I don’t find till now any explanation or tools to look into DB.
I was thinking only loosing one day. That somethings that I need to understand because it’s starting to be crucial in case of disk outage to retrieve stats data in case of partial backup.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I upgraded the 2021.12.3 release and I no longer see the positioning and tracking of the car on the MAP CARD until yesterday it worked perfectly. Could you tell me what has been changed?

I would like to 2nd that, absolutely superb work, thank you so much @marcelveldt your a gent :+1:t2:

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, shame on me for not reading through. Thank you for the shove I needed… :+1:t2:

I just updated both Core and OS (which forced an update to the Zwave JS to MQTT Add-on also), and things went smoothly. I have two minor issues that I found if anyone has seen before or has any insight into. The first is a few new warnings in the log for several luminance sensors like the following:

2021-12-17 13:20:10 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder] 
The unit of sensor.fibaro_eye_office_luminance (lx) does not match the unit of 
already compiled statistics (Lux). Generation of long term statistics will be 
suppressed unless the unit changes back to Lux

The second issue is that one of my entities is now showing up as Restored and unavailable on a powered Ecolink Chime device. It is used in my UI and worked previously. I’ve re-interviewed, healed, refreshed values, on the Device in zwavejs2mqtt CP multiple times and it never becomes available.

If anybody has any insight on either of these, I would appreciate the help. Cheers!

1 Like

To fix the issue with statistics, go to Developer Tools / Statistics and look for your sensor. Click the FIX ISSUE button located to the right of it.

3 Likes

Cool! Thanks to both of you. I found the issues listed and that should fix those. I was unaware the Statistics tab. :-o

But now I’m totally befuddled. There are tons of entries listed there. Many are those that I have not included explicitly in my recorder: yaml configuartion file, so I guess these are just discovered ‘statistical-like’ entities? But a few of them are not even valid (or existing) entities, nor have they been for a very long time. An example is a generated entity sensor.zooz_zse40_multi_temperature_2 and many others with _3, _4, _5, etc. These were renamed a long time ago, don’t appear ANYWHERE in my entities lists (hidden, restored, or otherwise), and the renamed entities that replaced them are listed explicitly in the recorder: file. I’m not quite sure what to make of that.

You can ignore the missing state issues for sensors that you have excluded from the recorder or intentionally disabled via the UI (or that come as disabled by default).

EDIT: Ignore this next bit. I really should read entire posts before replying. :man_facepalming:

For the sensors that you have not used for a long time but are still showing up, have a look at your Configuration / Entities list. Click on the filter icon top right (triangle icon made of dashed lines), tick all the boxes. Sort on the Status column. Look for the “Resored” entities (red circle icon with a slash though it - not the red circle icon with an exclamation point). If you no longer use them you can delete them. Then restart.

I guess you could try the FIX ISSUE for a missing entity (not one of your excluded or disabled ones) and see how it goes.

2022.2 ? (2021.2 has already been released) :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Tom, that was the first thing I did. I actually do that regularly to keep things clean. Things sometimes randomly appear as ‘restored’ even after being deleted, perhaps after a re-interview. Don’t know. But none of those particular entries appear ANYWHERE in the entities list, not restored, non-editable, or otherwise. But they are in the Statistics window. There are 11 of them, and the Source is recorder, if that helps. I also checked my recorder: file to ensure that none of these were listed as well. Thanks!

I also did get an error in my Core logs that I don’t understand. I didn’t see anything in the .12 release that was a breaking change for me, but I may have missed something. Anyway, it is as follows:

Logger: homeassistant
Source: components/ipp/config_flow.py:51
First occurred: 3:19:01 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:19:01 PM

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 203, in async_init
    flow, result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 230, in _async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data, init_done)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 325, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ipp/config_flow.py", line 133, in async_step_zeroconf
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, self.discovery_info)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ipp/config_flow.py", line 51, in validate_input
    printer = await ipp.printer()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyipp/ipp.py", line 208, in printer
    response_data = await self.execute(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyipp/ipp.py", line 177, in execute
    response = await self._request(data=message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyipp/ipp.py", line 146, in _request
    return await response.read()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/client_reqrep.py", line 1036, in read
    self._body = await self.content.read()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 375, in read
    block = await self.readany()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 397, in readany
    await self._wait("readany")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aiohttp/streams.py", line 304, in _wait
    await waiter
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientPayloadError: Response payload is not completed

I’m not sure what that error is about. Something to do with the setup of this integration:

Did you see this reply?

Did you see this reply?

I did not, but will give that a try. I wasn’t sure how this whole statistics thing integrates with the recorder config and if it will create it’s own copy, convert my YAML to the UI (if that’s a thing), or what. atm, the only thing I use the UI for for config is Persons! :laughing: old skool

Long term statistics are kept forever. So I can see how your missing _4, _5 entities would still be there. I suspect you should be able to fix this with the button. Let us know how it goes.

Yep, I kinda gathered that from the message you get in the dialog. Where are these statistics data stored? I can see things like Total Energy being accumulated, but things like Temp are transient and already kept in the Recorder DB. Keeping that long term wouldn’t be useful. Is there another DB for stats? And if so, does it ever purge?

EDIT: And… they’re all gone!

In a table in the database. No it does not purge.

Looks like that ISSUE FIX will do what you want.

1 Like

Yikes! I’ll have to copy down the DB and explore that. Hopefully it won’t add excessively to disk usage.

Ya, 2022.2 :sweat_smile:

There’s a bit of a discussion about this over on this thread:

I’d be interested in what you find. This “keep forever in an SQL database on an SD card” stuff has me a bit concerned.

1 Like