2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

thanks Tom and Ildar for responding and pointing to the Issue #217 for the custom frontend.

1 Like

Release 2021.12.2 Added loads of hue issues for me, everything went from working fine to some devices not responding, status not shown, device showing as off when on, pressing a button turns on device but goes to on status then jumps to off and does not work.

its horrible, going to have to rollback to 12.1

I hate to keep bumping this but can someone please tell me how to prevent the list of backups from scrolling such that I get a chance to read the slug name of the most recent one? (when using the CLI)

Lol, I literally copied that from the forum, including the error, And Tom probably copied it from my question :slight_smile: :feeling_stupid:

It now seems to workā€¦

2 Likes

ha backups list --raw-json | jq '.data.backups | sort_by(.date) | .[-1]'

After this update, all my tuya plugs are useless. I cannot see their states correctly. When they are turned off, HA sees it as turned on and vice versa. A complete mess. The of/on switches are not working. When I turn on the switch, it immediately turns off and basically you donā€™t know what the real state of the plug is.

No reading from the power consumption entity. So all the automations based on the actual energy input are not working anymore. Itā€™s a disaster for me.
Today I will try to restore from backup to older version of HA.

1 Like

Thank you! Thatā€™s a start to me trying to get things restored before my partner gets home :rofl:

Hopefully it worksā€¦

EDIT: despite the CLI saying it was successful, it hasnā€™t come back to life

that just lists the backups so that you can go to call it out. TBH, it sounds like your device is having a network hardware issue (on your device, not your router).

I thought I had done something wrong - most of my hue lights no longer respond (they Arte OK in both Hue and HomeKit). and the off/on toggles jump to the previous state after toggling.

How does one downgrade to 12.1 core on a DietPi? ā€¦the following does not work for me (HA not recognised).

ha core update --version 2021.12.1

Iā€™m thinking the sameā€¦ not good for an i7 NUC

Odd, I have a nuc @ 3 or 4 years old now

I was originally able to ping it, now I canā€™t ping a few things so starting think the issue is further upstream. Iā€™ll take my comments elsewhere since it seams not to be HA related anymore.

EDIT: seems my ethernet switch is dying a slow death. Good thing a have a replacement ready that was awaiting my time for the swap-out.

EDIT 2: Looks like that wasnā€™t the case after all. Trial and error lead me to a smart TV (ethernet connected) that was corrupting the whole ethernet network. Power cycled the TV and everything came back to life :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I had the exact same thing happen but I would just restart it and would get a few more months out of it. It was a linksys iirc. Long gone now, but that was a few years ago.

If you read the latest posts from others in the thread, youā€™ll see that the incoming 2021.3 fixes the latest hue issues.

Hvor do I configure the ā€œbuttonā€? Push button that is.
I donā€™t see any configuration example in Button - Home Assistant and I donā€™t find it as a GUI-addable integration in my Home-Assistant.

Buttons only come from specific integrations. You canā€™t create one yet. Thereā€™s a change coming to add an input_button, that wonā€™t happen until 2021.2 most likely.

I see.
Do you know if theres will be (or is) a node-red compatibility with this?
Like click to run a node-red flow

Sorry, donā€™t use node red.

Yes same here, effects are gone.

Suddenly i got one philips candle from miio integration unavailable and after deleting it i cannot anymore add this candle to the integration.
Is it the same problem of your?