2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

In my case the ‘media_player.media_stop’ service is not working anymore while the ‘media_player.turn_off’ is working.

Since upgrade from 2021.11.3, all my zwave events automations are broken:
Got error 'TemplateError: str: Use of 'device_id' is not supported in limited templates' when setting up triggers for some light double click down

- alias: some light double click down
  trigger:
    - platform: event
      event_type: zwave_js_value_notification
      event_data:
        device_id: "{{ device_id('switch.some_light') }}"
        property_key_name: "002"
        value: "KeyPressed2x"
  action:
    - service: light.turn_off
      entity_id:
        - light.some_other_light

Thanks a lot. I expected it in a new place )

Ahh, thanks a lot. I expected it in a new place )

device_id has never been supported in the limited templates, not sure how that worked prior to 2021.11

Non admin users have it at the same location as previously in the sidebar, make sure to be in the latest point release

Integration is available through HACS

Thanks for coming back.
I’m on 2021.10.0-full

I am talking about HA core, it was brought back for non-admin users in 2021.12.2

2 Likes

Same here; media_player.media_stop does not work anymore after the update.

This is really the same after every update. Something no longer works afterwards, which previously worked for a long time. Just totally annoying!

2 Likes

need to specify Andriod or iOS or are they called differently?

as mentioned 2 comments above yours…HA core and not the mobile apps.

Suddenly also the “volume_set” service is broken…
This is what i can see in the log:

Error executing service: <ServiceCall media_player.volume_set (c:22f001f9e13158937236415ef241318e): entity_id=all, volume=0.6>

Weird, I was using this ever since I upgraded to zwave JS a few versions ago up to 2021.11.3 until 2021.12.

If this is not supported, is there another way to trigger on zwave event of a specific device? Hardcoding the device_id is not very friendly unfortunately.

I could put it in a condition, but it is not really clean either.

1 Like

And you have to chose between one or another suboptimal build

you can vote for making HA more modular in terms of deployment. Not that it will resolve all issues.But likely would help a lot

1 Like

Just noticed with the 2021.12 release that the TP-Link Kasa Smart integration creates two switch entities for every plug that has a lamp. For the plug I use to turn my Christmas tree on and off, the first entity is named switch.christmas_tree and the second entity is switch.christmas_tree_led. This did not happen with 2021.11 or earlier.

On the device page for this plug, switch.christmas_tree is listed under Controls and switch.christmas_tree_led is listed under Configuration. Both entities turn the light on or off.

As far as I can tell, the integration is adding the switch.X_led entity based on icon selected in the Kasa app as I have two plugs that used for battery chargers and there are no switch.X_led entries for those plugs. So it’s only a lamp or light that has the switch.X_led entity added.

I can’t find anything about this in the documentation or in the release notes as to the change or purpose. I don’t appreciate the integration assuming that the lamp plugged into the plug is an led - because at least two of the lamps aren’t leds.

My two TP-Link smart plugs don’t control lamps, and don’t have any lamp-like icon associated with them.

But I checked, and yes, I have the _led entities there now, too. Likewise, some previous release changed the name of the “consumption” entities, but I figured that out and changed everything over to the new one.

I agree that these kinds of changes need to be better communicated.

1 Like

Hello @CaptTom and @VincentClement1
This change to Tp-Link/Kasa is there a few releases now (.9 or .10 I think) and was documented. It’s not a change in .12 so is not mentioned here. Maybe worth a read of the older release notes/blogs before jumping into posting, particularly if you’re not just upgrading one version number.

The “_led” entity for the plugs does pretty much what it suggests…it controls the LED light on the plug and can turn this on/off :+1:t2:

2 Likes

oh sorry, got mixed up with a different comment.