2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Is python 3.8.6 supported by HA core 2021.12?

You can always help by joining the effort in making things better like everyone else.

3 Likes

Yes I’m having the same issue. Latest upgrade didn’t help, still doing it

Is it me or there seems to be inconsistency with the Entities UI card in this new release?

Previously: Any toggle in entities card are treated the same across mobile and desktop: a toggle.
Now: Tapping Automation and Remote entities toggle opens up the more-info card on mobile, it’s the old toggle behaviour on desktop.

2 Likes

There is no text in Configuration section, in Hebrew translation.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Helping with trigger variables & inputs

I’ve noticed this also.

1 Like

Same for me - media stop stopped working.

I have several xiaomi devices and almost all of them are unavailable after update to 2021.12.x

I’m not sure if this has already been reported or not, updates are not showing up in the supervisor panel anymore even days after the release, the only way to update is to use the terminal
ha core update ...

1 Like

Updates were consolidated to the configuration page. That’s where they will show up. At the top of the page.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Helping with trigger variables & inputs

Thanks
Not really consistent, which confuses users.
See in this case I have an update for glances showing up in the configuration.

And if I go to supervisor panel, I see it there too.

But the same is no longer true for Home Assistant Core Update.

Note that, at this point I can’t even check if core update showed up in configuration page, because I’m already updated to the latest, but I suppose it did.

Core would show up there if there was an update. You can see it on my screenshot.

EDIT: It doesn’t show up on the supervisor addon page that doesn’t make sense. Addon page shows addons. It just used to be on that page because there was no where else to put it. Now there’s a place to put it. Addons themselves show when they have an update. The info page on core / supervisor also show that. They just don’t have a nice little highlight.

2 Likes

Thanks, that makes sense
Should it perhaps also show up in /hassio/system with the ability to update from there?
Just a suggestion.

The goal was the opposite (to make the behavior especially with the shown cursors more consistent), but that unfortunately introduced some side effects that are already fixed and will be in 2021.12.4.

3 Likes

The translations themselves are handled by the community (see https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/translations/). However, if some translations are missing there should still be the English ones as fallback I think. Is the page showing no text at all?

After upgrading from 2021.11.5 to 2021.12.3 media_player is not working properly:

following script

play_pause_music:
    alias: Musik play/pause
    icon: mdi:play-pause
    sequence: 
      - service: media_player.media_play_pause
        entity_id: media_player.kinderzimmer

leads to following exception

Logger: homeassistant.components.script.play_pause_music
Source: components/cast/media_player.py:419 
Integration: Skript (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 22:25:21 (3 occurrences) 
Last logged: 22:29:11

Musik play/pause: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: Namespace urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.media is not supported by running application.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 381, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 584, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1495, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1530, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 209, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 663, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 896, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 700, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 877, in async_media_play_pause
    await self.async_media_play()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 670, in async_media_play
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.media_play)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cast/media_player.py", line 419, in media_play
    media_controller.play()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pychromecast/controllers/media.py", line 410, in play
    self._send_command({MESSAGE_TYPE: TYPE_PLAY})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pychromecast/controllers/media.py", line 371, in _send_command
    self.send_message(command, inc_session_id=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pychromecast/controllers/__init__.py", line 87, in send_message
    raise UnsupportedNamespace(
pychromecast.error.UnsupportedNamespace: Namespace urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.media is not supported by running application.

Am I the only one with this kind of exception? I would be grateful if someone could help

No you are not the only one. Read the thread :slight_smile:

only for Alexa?