2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Hi, I’m running version: 2021.12.2.
Since my last restart I experience issues starting the system.

Doing “ha core check” I’m receiving the message below. Does anybody has an idea which part of the config to check?

Error: Testing configuration at /config
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.device_registry storage from 1.2 to 1.3
Fatal error while loading config: 'int' object is not iterable
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - 'int' object is not iterable

Successful config (partial)
1 Like

After updating to 12.3, all of my media_player (I use Chromecast Audio) states report ‘idle’ while the state should report ‘playing’, resulting in the situation that my automation flows do not work anymore.
After restoring to 12.1, everything is working again. I can’t test if 12.2 also has the issue as I don’t have a backup of 12.2.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I would start looking in your templates

Hello there,
I think since the 2021.12 update , I can’t SSH out from within scripts and automations …
I use “ssh and web terminal” addon (but even with Terminal & SSH addon) .
When I launch an ssh command from the terminal of “ssh and web terminal” , it works but when it’s whtin a script (same command) or an automation , it’s simply not working …
Any idea ?

Ditto.

Not just that, streaming to a media player stopped working for me as well.

My situation is the opposite.

Playing a file or streaming to a media player (both working on 2021.11.5) doesn’t work but the media player state shows ‘playing.’ What’s annoying is that controlling the media player (e.g. stopping it) doesn’t work either.

There are several issues open on GitHub:

Maybe due to the latest addon release? Did you read its change log?

I’m not a big fan of the new Configuration UI but I’m happy to wait to see how it develops.

HOWEVER…

How are non admin users supposed to change their settings in the Companion App?
(Or is that by design? Because I could understand if it were but it would also be very annoying.)

In my case the ‘media_player.media_stop’ service is not working anymore while the ‘media_player.turn_off’ is working.

Since upgrade from 2021.11.3, all my zwave events automations are broken:
Got error 'TemplateError: str: Use of 'device_id' is not supported in limited templates' when setting up triggers for some light double click down

- alias: some light double click down
  trigger:
    - platform: event
      event_type: zwave_js_value_notification
      event_data:
        device_id: "{{ device_id('switch.some_light') }}"
        property_key_name: "002"
        value: "KeyPressed2x"
  action:
    - service: light.turn_off
      entity_id:
        - light.some_other_light

Thanks a lot. I expected it in a new place )

Ahh, thanks a lot. I expected it in a new place )

device_id has never been supported in the limited templates, not sure how that worked prior to 2021.11

Non admin users have it at the same location as previously in the sidebar, make sure to be in the latest point release

Integration is available through HACS

Thanks for coming back.
I’m on 2021.10.0-full

I am talking about HA core, it was brought back for non-admin users in 2021.12.2

2 Likes

Same here; media_player.media_stop does not work anymore after the update.

This is really the same after every update. Something no longer works afterwards, which previously worked for a long time. Just totally annoying!

2 Likes