2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

Yep, after update to 12.1 same issue

Unless the .3 release provides fixes, I’ll be reverting to the previous version of HA. Hue and Tuya which I rely on extensively are completely broken.

well I believe hue is fixed in .3, and as for relying on tuya, bad decision!

But as for that, which issue are you pointing to, or haven’t you posted one?

As for your promise to revert, we are all shaking in our boots.

1 Like

Yep. Anything as long as it is unique for each id

1 Like

I just type a random gibberish string on the keyboard like “irentvoq3ybt78q34bponvt7yq34joty”

1 Like

Same Heer with Firefox on iOS (uses Safari‘s render engine). Opposite to other reports, it is displayed correctly using the HA companion app.

HA Core 2021.12.2
iOS 15.2
iPhone 11

Does this already prove how useless the uid is?
Why force a unique id which only causes confusion instead of simply demanding a unique alias? Or remove the forced alias and make it the uid?

I see no point in having both and especially no need in forcing a uid to be able to use UI functions.

Reg. the Gauge Card: This issue has been raised in Lovelace Gauge UI Bugs · Issue #10910 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub and Gauge needle missig in mobile app · Issue #10724 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub.

Seems Apple changed/broke something in WebKit. At least most reports seem to refer to iOS 15.2 and Monterey 12.1 updates as the tipping point.

If you have additional information not yet covered by the tickets, please add it there.

1 Like

A release thread is not the place. I already told you to submit a PR. Or perhaps a Feature Request.

5 Likes

After upgrading to 2021.12.2 (from 2021.12.1) this morning everything seemed fine… but about 8 hours later I found HA crashed and no reboot seams to fix it. This is the first time HA has failed me like this in probably over a year!

Can’t SSH in.

I connected a monitor and keyboard and have heaps of errors that appear to suggest a network connectivity issue, yet the rest of my network is working fine.

How can I get the log to pause after each full screen worth of text? I’m guessing I miss the critical stuff as it scrolls past. I can restore a backup from 2021.12.1 if I can get the screen to pause such that I see the slug name…

My point that you were completely oblivious to is that Tuya and Hue were working in previous versions of HA. The latest update has broken them the integrations which is why I’m considering reverting to 2021.11. No need to take it so personal - you mean nothing to me.

miio integration not working in 2021.12.2 release

It’s working for me. My vacuums ran on schedule this morning.

What is the safe/recommended way to downgrade to 2021.12.1?

We use hue pretty intensively and this bug is causing some unrest in the house :wink:

And some characters like _ and -.

Use the CLI:

ha core update --version 2021.12.1

Home Assistant Operating System → Common tasks → Run a specific version
Home Assistant Container → Common tasks → Run a specific version
Home Assistant Core → Common tasks → Run a specific version
Home Assistant Supervised → Common tasks → Run a specific version

Using the CLI directly plugged into my HA server, If I try to use core update --version 2021.12.1 I get an error saying there is no host internet access, yet I can ping the server from my laptop… and all other devices have internet.

Any ideas? I’d ideally want to restore a previous backup but I can’t see the slug name due to page scrolling. Standard linux commands (from google searches, I’m no linux guru) have failed me

Tried that already:

21-12-17 11:35:32 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant with tag 2012.12.1.
21-12-17 11:35:33 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2012.12.1: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=2012.12.1&fromImage=ghcr.io%2Fhome-assistant%2Fqemux86-64-homeassistant: Internal Server Error ("manifest unknown")
21-12-17 11:35:33 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

This issue is really annoying and no way to go back :frowning:

2012 != 2021

7 Likes