2021.12: New configuration menu, the button entity, and gorgeous area cards!

ofc, I am aware.

though its not unique to the IOS app, that was what I tried to bring across linking my issue. the same happens in Desktop.
Hope Philip sees this, and gets back to us.
thx!

I donā€™t see it on desktop

Are you referring to a Mac OS desktop?

yep:

Feb-06-2022 16-18-39

Why on earth would you have posted that. ā€¦ if you have nothing useful to add , simply donā€™t.

1 Like

Yeah that would be why then. Im not sure if any of the devs have macs lying around. Safari/Apple has been a pita with its browser recently

Bram just said ( in my FE issue) it will be fixed next week!

1 Like

This is really a pitty, because there are such lot of bugs now for month in Safari. And most of the related github entries (and/or most of all open frontend issues) do not have a single reaction. Forntend is currently not really a topic, someone cares to solve the bugs after introducing them. And we are not talking about 1px here and there

• History overview charts not working
  • energy dashboard not working (if you press any button)
  • input selects not working with themes anymore
  • the both topics Marius has mentioned
  • etc,

Of course, all this is relying on volunteers who are on top able to code, but if so many things are not working anymore in Safari/webkit, HA is not a real cross platform UI automation system anymore. Safari/webkit is buggy, but not that unusual, as every iPad, iPhone, ā€¦ is relying on it. Esp. if these users donā€™t have a choice to use someting else than Safari/webkit.

Really donā€™t know, how to get the core devs again into it or to priritze bugfixing over changing the UI, esp. if the topic of the year is streamlining. A (again) working UI is for me the most important topic in streamlining. But most probably the Safari users can only live with it.

1 Like

I have none of those issues on iOS accept the one Marius listed. Are you sure they are actual bugs and not user errors?

Just went through every one you listed, all working fine.

Yes, I am. But discussing them would be OT for this topic.

Please link the issues, thanks

HEre for the three examples above:

(I saw at least two issues on github, but currently not able to find them)

The theme one isnā€™t a bug, itā€™s a feature request to split and separate the css attributes for each input.

As for the history, I do not see this on any of my apple products accept for the ones with the older os (iPad 2). Which is not supported.

I canā€™t speak for the energy dashboard, donā€™t use it.

When I get a chance, Iā€™ll show you what I use for the themes on the input backgrounds

1 Like

Perhaps it is not a bug, but due to changes in webkit, you cannot use dark custom themes anymore without frontend corrections/adoptions. If you know a way to use a dark custom theme with input fields, Iā€™m interested in the solution as well.

Would appreciate it.

For the second: The problem is there. Newest devices, newest iOS. Every device I have tested. Even if you donā€™t have the problem, it is there. For ages.

But for the history you said, ā€œJust went through every one you listed, all working fineā€ and now, that you are not using it and cannot test. Somehow the opposite to each other.

For all of them: If you personally donā€™t have them, fine, but they are there. That is all I have posted above. I talked to a colleague the morning and he knew two of them and was able to directly reproduce the third. I advertised HA in the past to him but in the meantime he asked several times, why I did this, if this seems to be an android only platform with such big unfixed issues.

Iā€™m using something on my own system, I just want to verify it will work for input datetimes or input numbers as I donā€™t use either in my front ends

To be fair, you said input select background so thatā€™s what I checked and it works for me with a light/dark theme

Lastly for the energy, Iā€™m still waiting on my sensors to show up. Been 3 months. When they do, Iā€™ll be able to verify the energy button thing. Iā€™ve had the page prepped but itā€™s empty on my installation

1 Like

To make it more crisp. Set only a theme with

ha-card-background: '#2E2E2E'

and nothing more. Only the above. And give me a hint, how to set the white on these input buttons to another color, which works for Safari.

Because outside of Safari/Webkit the white is not there

is that an input datetime?