2021.2: Z-Wave... JS!

I had my switches all sitting in a switch.yaml, after the upgrade, none of them show up in HA as entities. switches were learned command from Broadlink RM4 Pro, so I could control my TV from HA

Example of one switch below

- platform: broadlink
    host: 10.0.0.60
    mac: A0:43:B0:55:22:D5
    switches:
     sony_power:
       friendly_name: "Sony Power"
       command_on: "JgCMAE0UJhUSFiYVEhUmFRIWEhUmFRMVEhUSFhMAA1BNFSYWERYmFRMUJhUTFRIVKBMTFRMVERYSAANRThQmFRIWJRYSFSYVEhYSFSYVEhYTFBMVEgADUk4VJhUSFScVEhUmFRIWEhUmFRIVExUSFRMAA1JOFSUWExQmFRMVJRYTFBIWJRYSFRIWEhUSAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="
       command_off: "JgCMAE0UJhUSFiYVEhUmFRIWEhUmFRMVEhUSFhMAA1BNFSYWERYmFRMUJhUTFRIVKBMTFRMVERYSAANRThQmFRIWJRYSFSYVEhYSFSYVEhYTFBMVEgADUk4VJhUSFScVEhUmFRIWEhUmFRIVExUSFRMAA1JOFSUWExQmFRMVJRYTFBIWJRYSFRIWEhUSAA0FAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=="

Any help would be appreciated

Z-Wave … JS! WoW works like a charm Dockerized, fast as a rocket :slight_smile:

OZW is nothing I’ll ever miss.
I love the speed and the configuration-UI design of zwavejs2mqtt. You finally get visual feedback if adding or removing a device was successful. You see the network graph, …

I love it.

Installed core-2021.2.0 on my NUC and getting the following new errors:

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

recorder
logbook
history
default_config
Please check your config and logs.

Same errors after installing core-2021.2.1

Any ideas?

1 Like

Just updated from 2021.2.0 to 2021.2.1… what happend??? HA is snappy as hell. Its crazy ! Faster then a speeding bullet…

:smiley: Good work

So after migrating from 1.4 to ZwaveJS, I have found that all my Qubino RGBW dimmers now do not function correctly with their respective white value sliders.

Previously before the migration, in order to get a white value slider to appear in the dimmers card, I had to add supported features 177 for each dimmer in customize.yaml. This worked well. But now on ZwaveJS the white value slider, although still present in the dimmers card, only affects the brightness level and not the white value. Basically, only the white leds are always lit rather than the rgb and white leds together when set to what would be say the warm white position on the slider.

Has anyone else come across this?

Hi,
I have this issue when upgrading to this new version. When the recorder.migration migrate the database to version 11.

2021-02-05 21:47:03 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Database is about to upgrade. Schema version: 10

2021-02-05 21:47:03 INFO (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Upgrading recorder db schema to version 11

2021-02-05 21:47:03 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Looking up index ix_states_old_state_id for table states

2021-02-05 21:47:03 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Creating ix_states_old_state_id index

2021-02-05 21:47:03 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.migration] Adding index `ix_states_old_state_id` to database. Note: this can take several minutes on large databases and slow computers. Please be patient!

2021-02-05 21:47:03 ERROR (Recorder) [sqlalchemy.pool.impl.QueuePool] Exception during reset or similar

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 1276, in _execute_context

self.dialect.do_execute(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 609, in do_execute

cursor.execute(statement, parameters)

pyodbc.ProgrammingError: ('42S11', "[42S11] [FreeTDS][SQL Server]The operation failed because an index or statistics with name 'ix_states_old_state_id' already exists on table 'states'. (1913) (SQLExecDirectW)")

I’m using Ubuntu 20.10 with SQL Server 2017.

Same here!

I believe this may be the change you’re seeing…

I’m reverting back to an older Home Assistant snapshot; waiting for a seamless/automated z-wave migration tool.

The problem is that the device/entity names that were automatically generated in the old Z-wave integration are completely different than the ones generated by the new integration. I didn’t see any way to migrate all these devices and respective entities to the new Z-wave Integration; maintaining the original entity names.

I have MANY automations, scripts, and lovelace cards custom tailored to the entity names generated by the old Z-wave integration. I have over 60 entities. It’s not feasible to expect users to manually identify each individual entity, match them all up in both integrations, then start renaming each entity to the old entity names.

The larger the setup, the more impossible the task to manually migrate Z-Wave --> Z-Wave JS integration becomes.

I don’t think the Z-Wave JS integration/addon should have been released until there is a working/effective migration tool. Does anyone have the github issue tracking progress of the migration tool?

yes, thanks, this makes sense, no more need to style these using card_mod :wink:

1 Like

You don’t have to revert. Just don’t use JS until it/you are ready.

1 Like

They likely needed to revert since following the recommendation to do the switch is to completely remove the old zwave integration before adding the new one.

Once you do that you lose all of the old integration config and the only way to get it back is to restore from a backup.

then, yes, you can update HA again and just keep using the old integration from that point on.

1 Like

This release seems to have complete broken the Tasmota integration. No of my devices are detected by the the integration anymore. Despite resetting Option19 and re starts

I have the same issue. All previous auto discovered lights are now unavailable

After I upgraded I lost 32 binary sensors that use a Esp8266 and mcp23017, after going back to the last upgrade it all works.
Any ideas?

I’m having the same issue here. Updated to core-2021.2.1 now, let’s see what that does.

The profiler can log objects growing in memory.

It may help you find where its coming from

I have one issue afterthe upgrade…

One of my template is not working as before

- platform: template
    sensors:
      sensor_abfall_event:
        value_template: >-
          {% set days = ['Montag','Dienstag','Mittwoch','Donnerstag','Freitag','Samstag','Sonntag'] %}
          {% set weekday = as_timestamp(strptime(state_attr('calendar.abfall', 'start_time'), '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')) | timestamp_custom('%w') | int %}
          {{ days[weekday-1] }}, {{ as_timestamp(strptime(state_attr('calendar.abfall', 'start_time'), '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')) | timestamp_custom('%d.%m.') }} - {{ states.calendar.abfall.attributes.message }}
        entity_picture_template: >-
          {% if states.calendar.abfall.attributes.message == 'Gelber Sack' %}
            /local/trash_icon_gelbersack.gif
          {% elif states.calendar.abfall.attributes.message == 'Altpapier Grüne Tonne' %}
            /local/trash_icon_papier.gif
          {% elif states.calendar.abfall.attributes.message == 'Bioabfall Braune Tonne' %}
            /local/trash_icon_bio.gif
          {% elif states.calendar.abfall.attributes.message == 'Restabfall Graue Tonne' %}
            /local/trash_icon_rest.gif
          {% endif %}
        friendly_name: "Next Abfall Calendar Event"

The entity_picture_template does not work and no picture will be displayed. That worked before the upgrade.

Any ideas?

Hello,
I’m running HA in RaspberyPi OS VENV (Python 3.8.6). I’ve upgraded to this version and need to report single issue - the incompatibility between aiohttp and alexapy (alexa media player) - there was a warrning during my upgrade that aiohtpp version is too high for alexapy.
After upgrade I can see the following warrnings in the log:

Feb 06 02:25:28 raspberrypi hass[23526]: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/alexapy/aiohttp/connector.py:999: DeprecationWarning: The loop argument is deprecated since Python 3.8, and scheduled for removal in Python 3.10.
Feb 06 02:25:28 raspberrypi hass[23526]:   hosts = await asyncio.shield(
Feb 06 02:25:28 raspberrypi hass[23526]: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/alexapy/aiohttp/locks.py:22: DeprecationWarning: The loop argument is deprecated since Python 3.8, and scheduled for removal in Python 3.10.
Feb 06 02:25:28 raspberrypi hass[23526]:   self._event = asyncio.Event(loop=loop)

Thanks