2021.2: Z-Wave... JS!

I had 190 entities across 70 nodes and it took about an hour

Does the new ZWave-JS still support changing device specific settings as described here: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/device-specific/ ?

I have a Fibaro Keyfob FGKF-601 and even though I see it appearing under devices, somehow I do not see any events I can use for automation, searching lead me to the device specific settings as mentioned above. But this describes editing the zwcfg xml. Somehow after adding the keyfob it is not listed there, I tried restart HA as I heard is needed, also restarting the zwave js addon restart did not help. Is this deprecated in the new ZWave JS somehow?
Any hints on how I could do this using the new ZwaveJS?

Installed it, but how can you read the heapfile in hassOS or windows?
Read the file in a texteditor, but can’t make heads or tails of it :wink:

I’m seeing the same kind of behavior that I saw a while ago after another update of core. Here’s a graph of the last 2 days, you can clearly see the update to 2021.2.1. The memory usage slowly rises in a sawlike pattern.

15 posts were split to a new topic: I’m getting an error after updating

The same for me. All IKEA Tradfri devices are unavailable

Reverted back to 2021.1.5 , memory usage is stable again… Will stay on that version for the time being

Hi there,

As of this version, log is getting spammed with:

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pychromecast/cast_channel_pb2.py:19: DeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated create function FileDescriptor(). Note: Create unlinked descriptors is going to go away. Please use get/find descriptors from generated code or query the descriptor_pool.
DESCRIPTOR = _descriptor.FileDescriptor(
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pychromecast/cast_channel_pb2.py:33: DeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated create function EnumValueDescriptor(). Note: Create unlinked descriptors is going to go away. Please use get/find descriptors from generated code or query the descriptor_pool.
_descriptor.EnumValueDescriptor(

and

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyatv/mrp/protobuf/ProtocolMessage_pb2.py:60: DeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated create function EnumValueDescriptor(). Note: Create unlinked descriptors is going to go away. Please use get/find descriptors from generated code or query the descriptor_pool.
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyatv/mrp/protobuf/ProtocolMessage_pb2.py:64: DeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated create function EnumValueDescriptor(). Note: Create unlinked descriptors is going to go away. Please use get/find descriptors from generated code or query the descriptor_pool.

and

/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysabnzbd/__init__.py:41: DeprecationWarning: client.loop property is deprecated
async with timeout(self._timeout, loop=self._session.loop):
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysabnzbd/__init__.py:41: DeprecationWarning: client.loop property is deprecated
async with timeout(self._timeout, loop=self._session.loop):

Secondarily, here is likely a dumb question as well:

I run the Homekit ingegration. I noticed that the log (now/recently) started give the message:

For best performance, and to prevent unexpected unavailability, create and pair a separate HomeKit instance in accessory mode for each camera.

I have my current Homekit setup in the yaml file, and have binary sensors associated with the cameras. If I setup one of the existing cameras (as defined in the yaml) via the UI as an accessory, it shows up on the Apple side, but it doesn’t have the associated binary sensor.

Any tips? Or do I need to dig and set it up via yaml to get the association?

Thanks!

I have this error in the logbook details page

• Error while processing template: Template("{{ states.sensor.time.state == (states.input_datetime.sonoff_dual1_stop2.attributes.timestamp | int | timestamp_custom("%H:%M", False)) }}")

I checked the config with the validate config and I states that the config is ok.

What does the dev tools say when you put that template in?

You can create multiple HomeKit entries in yaml by using a list.

Can you look at the console of the tasmota device and see if it connects to the mqtt broker?
There was also a very recent update of the eclipse-mosquitto docker that may have broken things. Adding “listener 1883” to mosquitto.conf should allow devices to connect again.

Just updated and following the reboot the default Lovelace Dashboard refuses to load. Tried creating a new dashboard and that does the same thing, just get the loading wheel but nothing happens. Luckily i had previously created an alternative dash which appears to be working but for now i am going be rolling back to 2020.1.5…

This right here! :frowning: I get an “unexpected error” message when I try to reconfigure my foscams through the UI.

That’s awesome. If I had the experience/proficiency you have, it would also take me very little time too.

Hi. I’m facing a serious issue with KNX after upgrading to the 2021.2 release. The connection to the KNX bus is always breaking down after some time. If I restart HA, it does works again, but after around 30-60 minutes KNX devices stop working. I had to go back to 2021.1.5, where it works just normal.

I can see log entries like this:

2021-02-06 14:58:58 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] Tunnel connection closed.
2021-02-06 14:59:00 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] Received DisconnectRequest from tunnelling sever.
2021-02-06 14:59:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback _SelectorDatagramTransport._read_ready()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/events.py", line 81, in _run
    self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 1021, in _read_ready
    self._protocol.datagram_received(data, addr)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/udp_client.py", line 70, in datagram_received
    self.data_received_callback(data)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/udp_client.py", line 115, in data_received_callback
    self.handle_knxipframe(knxipframe)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/udp_client.py", line 122, in handle_knxipframe
    callback.callback(knxipframe, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/tunnel.py", line 273, in _request_received
    self._disconnect_request_received(knxipframe.body)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/tunnel.py", line 321, in _disconnect_request_received
    self._tunnel_lost()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xknx/io/tunnel.py", line 129, in _tunnel_lost
    raise CommunicationError("Tunnel connection closed.")
xknx.exceptions.exception.CommunicationError: Tunnel connection closed.
2021-02-06 14:59:00 WARNING (MainThread) [xknx.log] Error: KNX bus did not respond in time (2.0 secs) to GroupValueRead request for: 1/2/25

@mkanet:
Of course it should, to have new users use the new z-wave js from the get go. It clearly states that there is no migration tool yet, and people should wait if they need one, they also say that though the old zwave is deprecated it is still working. And going back is just a question of keeping the zwave configured, no need to wait with the upgrade.
I did my move, and just searched my node-red for z-wave devices, but for me it was easy, as most of my devices are on zigbee so it doesn’t compare to yours, if I had many many z-wave devices I wouldn’t have moved mine.

@Vanna What kind of zigbee are you running, or is it the ikea hub you are using? And what version of HA did you come from?
It doesn’t sound directly related to the ha update, as that doesn’t restart the zigbee interfacec.
If it’s the ikea hub, then I generally had to reboot that all the time before I gave up on it, and moved to deconz.

@Stimpy68:
Sounds like a good idea, what platform are you running it on? I see a small rise here as well, but I have so much ram, so I will just wait, and my guess is that what I’m seeing is caching.

Your knx ip interface is terminating the connection. If it works normally on 2021.1 then please open an issue on GitHub for this and provide as much information as possible.

2021.1 ignored disconnection requests so the tunnel should be closed too but it would not message anything until the heartbeat is missed out.

I’m running a OVF install of HASSOS on vsphere. with 3GB of mem. But installed 2021.2.1 and ran out of memory about 20 hours later, HA core restarted.
Installed 2021.2.2 now and removed the Brother integration. But first signs don’t look promising :frowning:

2021.2.2 without brother integration… Seeing the same behavior as before, a saw like pattern and slowly rising memory usage :frowning: Before the dip I was running 2021.1.5

Constructive criticism: I have been using hassio for a couple of years to control lighting (a dozen switches). The auto generated dashboard has been fine for me with no desire to create a custom look. When making improvements, please consider the existing users and don’t take something away without a path for users to keep what they have. Please consider a switch or setting that allows users to get these badges back on auto generated dashboards. Thanks!

2 Likes