2021.2: Z-Wave... JS!

After this update my thermostats only move in 0.1 increments, previously this was a hard coded 0.5

This change tied the step size in the UI to the precision parameter, which is a good idea at first glance, but means you either have to deal with a tiny step size which makes the UI very annoying to use, or lower precision, which is far from ideal.

2 Likes

doorbell (action) RFXCOM does not work anymore. Other devices not a problem.

talking about the service cloud_say, has this been removed from the developer-tools/service services?

I did migrate from google_say to cloud_say some time ago, and want to change back because the cloud_say is having issues with pronouncing dates and times like silly. However, since I now have a working setup with cloud_say, using all parameters, like:

- service: tts.cloud_say
        data:
          language: >
            {{states('sensor.tts_language')}}
#            {{states('input_select.intercom_language')|lower}}
          options:
              {{states('input_select.tts_gender')|lower}}
          entity_id: >
            {{states('sensor.intercom')}}
            {% set language = states('input_select.intercom_language') %}
            {% if language == 'En' %} {{message_en}}
            {% elif language == 'Nl' %} {{message_nl}}
            {% else %} {{message_en}}
            {% endif %}

I’d hate to lose that info and don’t understand later on how to get it back, without being able to test it in the dev-tools…
do we need a setting somewhere in configuration.yaml maybe to have it show up in dev-tools?

btw yes, I realize the Text to Speech box in /Configuration/Home Assistant Cloud is available.

Just comment it out and leave it in your config?

thanks, and yeah sure, the commenting the config is fine, but I was surprised not to see the service being available any longer, while we can use it. (and have vague memories seeing it in the dev-tools…) or hasn’t it been there and am I imagining things :wink:

Anyone else noticing a significant lag in Zwavejs (switches) after updating to 2021.2.2?

Seems the fluidity with which the new integration took off has been diminished seriously.

Just updated to Current version: 0.1.5. Then it all stopped working. Checked the config and the device was missing. Reselected the device and all is good.

Hope this helps others

I still see tts.cloud_say listed under Developer Tools > Services.
Are there any errors related to the cloud integration in the log? It’s possible that it failed to connect to Nabu Casa at startup and didn’t fully setup the integration, so a restart might help.

thanks for confirming it should be listed in the services.
And well, what can I say, other than it’s back again…

I did restart meanwhile so that could have been it. Nothing was mentioned in the logs btw, I did check before posting.

I reported a similar issue before when updating to 2021.1.5 coming from 2021.1.4.

Maybe yours is related to that.

How does one do this? I looked in that github page but it didn’t explain how to fix this.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction on how to correct the problem?

Getting this error in the logs.

“Error saving events: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed”

Thanks

I made the foolish decision to upgrade last night whilst tired… once done, everything appeared to be fine, until I came to turn off the light to go to bed and nothing happened. For some reason, the Hue remotes (and only them) stopped working. I checked for the ZHA event and they were definitely being picked up, but neither automations in HA or ControllerX were being triggered any more. I rolled back using the snapshot I’d created and all was well again. Has anyone else noticed this issue with Hue remotes in ZHA on this latest version, or is it just me?

I have tried 3 times to upgrade to the latest version. Every time my Wemo Switch’s fail being referred to the logs which I am including and not sure how much is related to my error?
6:20:04 AM – Sensor (ERROR)
Setup failed for wemo: Requirements for wemo not found: [‘pywemo==0.6.1’].
6:19:53 AM – setup.py (ERROR)
Unable to install package pywemo==0.6.1: ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: command: /srv/homeassistant/bin/python -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-rltwdwz7/lxml/setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"’/tmp/pip-install-rltwdwz7/lxml/setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-pip-egg-info-021xzohh cwd: /tmp/pip-install-rltwdwz7/lxml/ Complete output (3 lines): Building lxml version 4.6.2. Building without Cython. Error: Please make sure the libxml2 and libxslt development packages are installed. ---------------------------------------- ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output. WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.4; however, version 21.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the ‘/srv/homeassistant/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

When I upgrade to 2021.2.3 , my FGRM222 shutter switches are inverted in the UI ?!..(i use open-zwave)

Hi Tomu, I’m also having issues with Calendars.
Do you know if it was changed something ?

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/google/__init__.py", line 347, in get
    http = credentials.authorize(httplib2.Http())
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'authorize'

I have the same issue as you @dhaker. I am running homesassitant in freenas iocage jail. What about you?

I get the following error trying to upgrade:

21-02-12 08:13:24 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.2.3 -> 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.40/images/homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.2.3/json: Not Found ("no such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.2.3: No such image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2021.2.3").

Image gone? :frowning_face:

Raspberry PI 4, Still doing updates on my original All In One Installation.

https://www.home-assistant.io/faq#404-client-error-not-found-no-such-image-homeassistant

I am still using the Z-Wave and when i upgrade to 2021.2.X my Z-Wave breaks. Is anyone else having this issue?