2021.3: My Oh My

Sure, but Konnected was working without these values being set until 2021.3. Letting it go…

Have problem with my philips air purifier. Before it was worked good. Now I see the purifier state but can’t control it. Always get error message like: “…list index out of range”
When I want to turn off get this message:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: custom_components/philips_airpurifier/fan.py:347
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:33:23 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:33:23

[139649848765552] list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 141, in handle_call_service
    await hass.services.async_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1488, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1523, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 642, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 681, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 679, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/config/custom_components/philips_airpurifier/fan.py", line 347, in async_turn_off
    await self._client.set_control_value(PHILIPS_POWER, "0")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aioairctrl/coap/client.py", line 91, in set_control_value
    return await self.set_control_values(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aioairctrl/coap/client.py", line 115, in set_control_values
    response = await self._client_context.request(request).response
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py", line 731, in _run_outer
    await cls._run(app_request, response, weak_observation, protocol, log)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py", line 756, in _run
    await protocol.find_remote_and_interface(app_request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/protocol.py", line 299, in find_remote_and_interface
    if await ri.fill_or_recognize_remote(message):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/tokenmanager.py", line 192, in fill_or_recognize_remote
    return await self.token_interface.fill_or_recognize_remote(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/messagemanager.py", line 330, in fill_or_recognize_remote
    remote = await self.message_interface.determine_remote(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiocoap/transports/udp6.py", line 328, in determine_remote
    return UDP6EndpointAddress(addrinfo[0][-1], self)
IndexError: list index out of range

aiocoap is trying to get some data from a list, but for some reason either addrinfo is an empty list, or the first list in addrinfo is empty.

Notify the owner of the philips_airpurifier custom integration. Custom integrations are outside the control of Home Assistant.

Been seeing this a bit of late as well… Had auto discovery but also moved to fixed server and it happens there as well - if i move it to another fixed it will all light back up (for a day or so only)…

I think it’s a speedtest.net issue

1 Like

Well the nice thing about targeting an area is that you can add additional devices to it in the future and not have to update all of your automations (as opposed to using a list of entities).

Also, the latest release lets you use areas and devices without using the GUI. You just need to know the area ID (I think that’s what it’s called).

Lastly, areas are nice if you’re using the auto generated UI as they keep your devices on area specific cards.

2 Likes

I’d have to see examples to see the advantages.

Like I said, the average person is typically only going to have a very limited number of devices in any area to be controlled by any single automation. normally users don’t add large numbers of lights or switches (or whatever) to an “area” (in the non-HA based sense of the word).

Take my livingroom as an example.

I have two sets of wall lights to control. and maybe a floor/table lamp.

that’s it.

I don’t see me needing (or being able) to add to many devices to that area that I would need to control in a single targeted automation. Again, maybe another lamp.

Even if I might later add another lamp to the mix I would likely not want all of my lights to be controlled all the time by the same automation. I mean, you can only add so many lights to a single room/area.

And if I did add another light or two (or whatever domain we could talk about) it’s trivial to add the occasional entity to the automation after I decide if I want the same automation to control everything in the area.

Maybe my use case is way different than a normal user. But it’s not like I live in an apartment and have only a few devices. I live in a big two story house.

I just can’t see myself needing to add more devices that I would like to add to existing automations by default.

I’m not sure what that means. use “areas” & “devices” for what without the UI?

Don’t you still have to use the UI to add the devices to an area?

I typically don’t use any “auto generated UI” stuff.

But, again, to each their own. If you find a use for it then great, I just don’t see the need (without concrete examples to the contrary) and I can see potential downsides to it.

Yes, you use the GUI to create and manage the area but then once it’s created you can use the area in an automation. If you don’t like them then don’t use them but they are effectively just a form of groups and I’ve never seen a Home Automation platform that didn’t allow for grouping of devices.

You could use them in any way that makes sense to you. It’s not limited to a “room”.

I could see the advantage of the Area, if we had the area as an attribute to the devices and its entities. I dont think we should ‘turn off everything’ in an Area, but I do want to be able to turn_off all motion sensors in an Area. Or all lights in an (nested) Area.

Example: Alarm system is on, all motion sensors and other motion triggers are on. Now, a guest enters the home, and I want to selectively dis-able the automation for the guest Area.

As it stands, I have several (not too complex) conditions in the trigger automations, but it would be way easier, if we could simple control that by turning off the motion sensors in the Area?

If had FR about the attributes, but that seems to have gotten no attention here, so guess nobody agrees with me on the subject :wink:

About the GUI: I don’t use that, because it cant handle my automations (or kills the annotations) so it should be manually doable. Havent seen a way to handle Areas in automations at all tbh.

Btw, the fact we can’t have nested Areas hampers the functionality hugely. Right now I would have to create either 1 Area for my living room, but then this would act on my dining corner, audio setup, Den and ceiling spots… to name but a few smart devices in the Living.

If I’d go the other way, and create Areas for these selected smaller groups in the Living, Id be back where we are now, not being able to act upon them in a grouped way and only target several devices in that larger Area…

I wonder what ‘they’ were thinking when Architecting the Area concept in HA. 1 room Home’s? 4 light rooms?
Must confess I have been searching the docs, but this is the only thing I could find: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/config/#areas ?

“groups” already exist so then just use them. :man_shrugging:

Why re-invent the wheel?

I don’t believe you can build groups in the GUI

Not yet, but that shouldn’t stop you using them. The yaml configuration is straight forward.

I have some but it’s nice to use the GUI to manage things. This is especially true for HA newbies. Areas fill that space nicely.

Each to their own. I prefer yaml, probably because that’s all that was available when I was a newbie. :slight_smile:

Groups will make it to the UI eventually.

1 Like

Updated to core-2021.4.3 and I’m getting:

The speed_list [] does not contain any valid speeds.

When I try to set speed on my miio air purifiers (2s and pro). Anyone else having this issue?

This is the 2021.3 topic.

You want;

This has been resolved for 2021.5

CC @Gav_in

1 Like

To be honest I don’t like the new snapshot when upgrading. I am no expert and maybe I have missed something, but I normally do a partial snapshot. Because I have a ton of music mp3s on my nuc that has Home Assistant OS 6.0 on it. I have not found a way to separate them from the rest of the system. So when I forget to uncheck the make a snapshot it takes forever to complete. Is there a way to separate files from the rest of the system? I have a 500g SSD that is hardly used. Thanks for your time!

I don’t think so.
Most of my snapshots are partial…