2021.3: My Oh My

It’s a good idea, but needs to be able to switched off or permanently dismissed. I’m not changing my LAN password just to accommodate overzealous checking in HA.
By all means, it should be enabled by default - especially for anything being accessed outside of the local network, but it shouldn’t be shoved down people’s throats if they want to leave it as is.

Like in a bunch of @frenck’s addons (at least it used to be the case - I assume that it still is) that checked against HIBP… That check was enabled by default, but could be switched off - and the doc recommended against it, understandably so…

10 Likes

Would it possible to have a check that tells you if updating is going to break anything? Having to read through release notes and breaking changes every time, is a bit tedious.

1 Like

There’s an addon for that:

https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/blob/ad4dea47d8f793ad762420d13a3995f070f0df6e/check_config/README.md

In the add-on store:

You only need to read for the integrations you have installed, it’s not that bad. I have a fairly big HA config and this version only means one change for me. Easy.

Updating without reading release notes is like playing Russian roulette. You also miss great stuff you can add to your HA. You are just asking for trouble.

2 Likes

There’s also a custom integration you can use to condense all the breaking changes into one sensor, and it creates a binary sensor to warn you if there are any changes applicable.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for these newest !!!

Do you think Meross add-on could be part of the next updates? :grinning:

1 Like

Cool, thanks!

It’s great if you have unlimited time, which I don’t. In an ideal world I would also read the terms and conditions of every program I install.

1 Like

Damn. The first time I went to create a MyHomeassistant link it’s not supported. Supervisor / Add-on Store is not there. All the other supervisor pages are, including the ability to link to an individual addon.

Was this a deliberate choice or an oversight?

I look forward to seeing what has been added or improved. Lucky for you all those that work hard on the.code don’t find it to ‘tedious’

4 Likes

It is related to this upgrade.

No it’s not. I’m still on january version and I get the message.

:wink:

Not sure what your point is.
I am still not going to use it as I use stacks. I didn’t say I didn’t know about it just that I had forgotten about it. When did it get added? Months ago?

You existing YAML configuration will be automatically imported on upgrade and can be safely removed from your YAML configuration after upgrading.

This is here fe.g. for NUKI in this relase and was there for others before, …

If a user is not reading every single line and word of every release note, how to determine, which YAML configuration is imported and to be deleted in the meantime over let’s say the last x releases. Or how to be sure, that the import has been correctly done and YAML can be deleted?

This import and then have (perhaps not) working duplicates or perhaps opposite settings is for me still not the best idea. At least is should be reported and shown in a special update log oder automatically comment out or …

Or is all this already the case and I only miss it or understand in a wrong way?

You need to read the release notes. Period.

1 Like

Corrected it to every single line and word … But yes this way is possible, but for me a bad idea.

I think you must have been foreseen from something I haven’t had before because it was introduced in this release. Read above.

Please, please can we have a toggle to turn off pwnd password notifications?

5 Likes