2021.3: My Oh My

Did you update mosquitto as well? There was a change recently that includes a breaking change. Do you have

listener 1883

in your mosquitto.conf file?

1 Like

No! I didn’t see that! But looking now. Thank you

I have both and they work fine.

1 Like

Thank you so much, that was it

Tomorrow I will try to activate all the integrations one by one, to see which one causes the conflict when activating Aemet.

@ronsum See my bug report…

If you have the old AEMET cc integration (https://github.com/outon/HomeAssistant-AEMET) disable it before installing the official new one.

Good job, I follow HA since 2 years…
But, please, update the Broadlink library with the new device codes also…

I don’t have the old integration, neither the dark sky one, however I am having this issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47348

Greetings you all,
I’m sorry to annoy you but I’ve been fighting against this issue since since 3 days and I’m not able to get rid of it.
Basically, I upgraded from 2021.2.0 to 2021.3.0 in my HA core and after that the URL of my hass is no longer available. I can connect to hass via SSH only.
Here is the log:

2021-03-07 15:59:49 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package pyotp==2.3.0: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 209, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 249, in run
    with self._build_session(options) as session:
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 66, in _build_session
    session = PipSession(
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 320, in __init__
    self.headers["User-Agent"] = user_agent()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 92, in user_agent
    zip(["name", "version", "id"], platform.linux_distribution()),
AttributeError: module 'platform' has no attribute 'linux_distribution'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 197, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(pip.main())
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 213, in main
    return command.main(cmd_args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 242, in main
    with self._build_session(
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 66, in _build_session
    session = PipSession(
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 320, in __init__
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/download.py", line 92, in user_agent
2021-03-07 15:59:49 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Home Assistant core failed to initialize. Further initialization aborted
2021-03-07 15:59:49 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Unable to set up core integrations. Activating safe mode
2021-03-07 15:59:50 ERROR (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package pyotp==2.3.0: Exception:
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 209, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 249, in run
    with self._build_session(options) as session:
    session = PipSession(
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/__main__.py", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(pip.main())
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 213, in main
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 242, in main
    session = PipSession(
    exec(code, run_globals)
    sys.exit(pip.main())
    session = PipSession(
2021-03-07 15:59:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Home Assistant core failed to initialize. Further initialization aborted

At first I tried to install pyotp component, which is mentioned in the log file, but error is the same.
Can anybody help me on this?
Thanks in advance for caring,
gischio

Please format your logs with the code button.

I’m not really sure why, but this 2021.3 update seeems to have broken all my cameras, and I’m getting now this error on startup:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:138
First occurred: 17:10:12 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:10:15

Setup failed for camera: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'request_stream' from 'homeassistant.components.stream' (/srv/hac_py_386/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/components/stream/__init__.py) Setup failed for homekit: Could not set up all dependencies.

I’m not reallt sure why this has started now, 2021.2 seemed to work ok, running home assistant core unsupervised.

I’ve also done the ‘config check’ and it says ‘config valid’

What would be the next step to try and debug this issue?

I’d say raise a new issue.

Thanks, I’ll get all the logs etc. and post it on github.

Anyone else notice a failing bluetooth device tracker? None of my devices are ever home anymore …

@fribse have any other details or anything in the error log? I rewrite how nest video works in the last release to make it work with streaming urls that expire with the intent to significantly improve reliability so let me know how I can help. Or file a detailed issue on github and I can look closer.

1 Like

I’ll get that done on the github asap :slight_smile:

@Codec303 tag me “@ allenporter” in and I can look closer since I made lots of changes to stream in the latest release.

1 Like

Actually looks like https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47581 may be similar to your issue which was just filed. I’ll take a look.

FWIW fixed it on my Core install, tnx