2021.3: My Oh My

I have a lot of API calls to get system resource use (memory and cpu) by addons into my Lovelace frontend. This is quite CPU intensive. Is it now possible to use this new method instead and if so is it likely to be less CPU intensive?

Querying the docker API for that is CPU heavy no matter how you do it.

1 Like

Love the update! I can’t get Areas to work with the new services UI, though, it just gives me “No matching areas found”, even though I have a lot of areas defined.

Example:

Is it supposed to be smartly filtering areas based on the service? If so, I definitely have lights in various areas. Even if I type them in manually it doesn’t seem to work.

2 Likes

wait, mobile_app shows primarily unknown on all entities of all devices… was there a breaking change, no?

Thanks for another great release!
Will have to do some debugging tomorrow though.
My Philips hue lights stay “unavailable” after a reboot.
It is the first time this happens.

I had an anomaly with my Harmony Hub as well but as always with any error after an update, if the integration is not mentioned in the release notes, try restarting HA again… that almost always fixes those errors. It does/did for me anyway.

@raman325 following up on the release party:
how do I proceed connecting the z-wavejs integration to the zwavejs add-on on another instance, what do I enter here, instead of the default? Ive tried the IP address of my other HA instance running the add-on, but it cant connect:

I should probably change this on the add-on:

?

It means the opposite of permanent - when you don’t want to fully remove the integration, you just want to disable it for as long as you need for whatever reason. There is no set amount, you could leave it disabled forever if you wanted but I’m not sure why anybody would do that instead of just removing… if you don’t need it anymore, remove it.

I like the auto snapshot feature. I feel it should come after the health check though.

Sending all involved in this a lot of positive energy and love, thank you for your work and contributions. HA is such a great product.

Yes, if you are trying to connect to a Home Assistant add-on externally from the instance on which it is hosted, you need to expose the port to your network. With that port being disabled, only other addons and Home Assistant on that server can access the ZWaveJS network

1 Like

ok, HA 1 has the Integration , HA 2 the add-on. What should I enter in the Host field on the HA 2 add-on instance (a port, an IP address, a name?) , and after enabling that what to enter in the WS field in the integration on the HA 1 instance?

Agree, this is a pain, it is complaining about a alarm panel pin. I’ve now got to figure out if I can change the pin to something much longer I think.

enter the port (3000). Then on HA1, point it to ws://HA2_IP:3000

1 Like

I also got one of those on node red.
Not sure if it means the Node red password or a password in a flow in Node red.

Perhaps this should be a own topic since it’s not related to this upgrade?

WOW. its all there!
no more Mqtt needed to relay that between instances! this is truly magic, thanks (and thanks to @balloob for talking to me in the Party) it really is now. My oh MY indeed!

1 Like

Where they GROUPS??

Had that same problem and had to go to the integration options and turn on use groups! :grinning:

I seems to lost all Philips Hue scenes that I used for automation to on/off lights in area.

I quickly rollback for now…

Reported

And fix coded and will probably be cherry picked for 2021.3.1 I am sure.

1 Like

Same bug in snapshot name here, running latest in VM

Ok, I,ve just read this post reply