2021.3: My Oh My

It seems the fan update for speed setting was not implemented for the fan.mqtt integration. At least the documentation still refers to 3 speed settings.
This is one of the new features I had looked forward to but my fans are controlled by MQTT so I am still stuck with an input_number hack to make it work.

1 Like

I would really like to keep my fan template with low/medium/high drop down options instead of a percentage slider. Kind of ironically I’m using an Inovelli LZW36 fan/dimmer switch where I converted the dimmer percentages into the low/med/high values for the fan entity.

This is my existing template config:

fan:
  - platform: template
    fans:
      living_room_fan:
        friendly_name: "Living room fan"
        value_template: "{{ states('light.inovelli_lzw36_fan_dimmer') }}"
        speed_template: >
          {% set output = {0: 'off', 85: 'low', 170: 'medium', 255: 'high'} %}
          {% set idx = state_attr('light.inovelli_lzw36_fan_dimmer', 'brightness') | int %}
          {{ output[idx] }}
        turn_on:
          service: homeassistant.turn_on
          entity_id: light.inovelli_lzw36_fan_dimmer
        turn_off:
          service: homeassistant.turn_off
        set_speed:
          service: light.turn_on
          data_template:
            brightness: >
              {% set mapper = {'off' : 0, 'low': 85, 'medium': 170, 'high': 255} %}
              {{ mapper[speed] }}
        speeds:
          - 'off'
          - 'low'
          - 'medium'
          - 'high'

As I said previously this would get me the low/med/high drop down options in Lovelace. Not sure how to move forward. I don’t want users in the home to have to determine what point in the slider is what speed.

Maybe go with an input select? Unless there’s some way to restore previous functionality with new fan template settings.

1 Like

It should remember if you have it enabled too on the next update instead of defaulting to on (it also does this with addon updates)…

This didn’t happen since latest update. For me it started last Friday when I updated docker. It throws this error when Hassio supervisor container isn’t running. Even if it is set to auto start when I boot the host up it does not run. Manually starting it and usually homeassistant container as I find this also does not start on reboot, then restart server from server controls usually brings it back online. I don’t know if the problem is docker or home assistant itself.

Was a problem in docker, update to 20.10.5

Look at the HACS costum frontend component called Cover Position Preset Row

It creates a neat UI with 4 buttons and you can define values for each. I use it for fixed tilt positions for blinds

The script/automation editor in a text mode does not show the script lines when scrolling.

Am I the only one with this issue or it is a BUG?

I checked mine. I installed docker 20.10.5 and that’s when the problem with hassio supervisor not loading. I even wiped out my Ubuntu install and installed a fresh Debian. Fixing to update core and supervisor and see if I continue to have any issues.

The problems was with docker-cli 20.10.4, and historically, also with docker 20.10.0

1 Like

Thanks. I have a similar frontend component “fan-control-entity-row” that works for mobile/desktop view but prefer a button with pop-up for drop down changes on wall dashboard.

Anyway, wife said I was over thinking it and slider works for her. It looks like she was right… it converted the existing speeds into steps/intervals on the slider so it only jumps from 0 to 33 to 67 then 100. No need to choose a number inbetween. I should have played with it more before jumping to conclusions…

Unfortunately, reboot didn’t help. I’ve restored for now.

is anyone else having trouble with the sensor.hacs? its status doesn’t seem to update, it needs a reboot for it, I think it’s happening since the supervisor update

what does the info panel show?

Attempted to upgrade to latest release by starting with upgrade to supervisor 2021.03.3. However, that failed and completely screwed over supervisor. HA stuck on 2021.2.3 and will not upgrade complaining about seeing supervisor log (which is not running due to first point). Checked docker. It was 20.10.4 so upgraded to 20.10.5. Supervisor will not restart.

First time I have had HA upgrade fail on me. Disappointed! They were so seem-less previously.

You have to reboot after docker upgrade

Like This

I’m having an issue with my z-wave fan switch not turning the fan’s on, however If I turn them on from the switch it will show in Lovelace. It was working fine in zwavejstomqtt then this update killed my zwave and I had to switch over to zwavejs server. Everything works except the fans now, I have 2 and both of them won’t turn on.

so all ok then…
I have noticed it doesn’t update immediately once you update integrations etc but it will get there. I suspect it’s part of Ludeeus trying to stop the rate limiting…
Just wait a bit

**EDIT should also say it’s been like this for a while now…

1 Like

Go to HUE integration - options and check - enable HUE groups

1 Like

Until today I had not had problems with the automation that notifies me of possible updates, and I think it has started to fail after the supervisor update