2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

I’ve got a GoControl (GC-TBZ48) zwave thermostat, after updating to 201.4 the temperature gets stuck/ does not update. What’s interesting, if I removed the node and add it back, it does pass the current temperature but future changes aren’t shown. Any ideas? Is this a known bug? Seems like z-wave states aren’t polling like before for certain devices.

This a great update, just want to say thanks to all the devs! The new automation debugging feature is fantastic! Totally smooth update, my db is only 154 MB and it didn’t slow down my update in any noticeable way (HAOS on Proxmox on an older NUC). I’ve enabled statistics and it’s really fun to see the data and the map. Also want to say thanks for the Launch Party video, because I found that really helpful to learn about the new features. Great job all around! :star:

1 Like

I have that same model, it’s working fine. Only idea I have it to check the batteries if you’re not running on wired power, I think this type of thing starts happening when the batteries run low?

@fribse Seems this is a known issue.

The database migration in 2021.4 uses fractional datetimes. (the DATETIME column with the 6 in your error message).

That feature was introduced in MySQL 5.6.4 in December 2011. while it would be nice if the HA devs added a note about this in the release notes one has to admit that you are using of software that is nearly 10 years old.

So: just update MySQL.

see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6-4.html#mysqld-5-6-4-fractional-seconds

Ticket has been closed

Nice easy upgrade, love it. TY!

One request. When sorting automations by last triggered, default is OLDEST first. I would guess that most people want to see the MOST RECENT at the top. It’s only a single extra click to execute this - but request would be, on the first click, to sort by MOST RECENT first.

1 Like

It’s all set, I factory reset it and changed the batteries and that appears to have done the trick.

Problem maintains on 2021.4.3

“Failed to parse response with JSON mimetype”

Even removing, deleting icloud folder, and reinstalling integration.

Updated to core-2021.4.3 and I’m getting:

The speed_list [] does not contain any valid speeds.

When I try to set speed on my miio air purifiers (2s and pro). Anyone else having this issue?

I had to do a full server reboot for this to show up properly, not just a HA reboot

@Eddie46848 in case you haven’t found a solution yet, the following worked for me:

1 Like

Possibly related. Edit YAML still broken on iOS with code mirror 6 (copy, paste, replace issues) · Issue #8542 · home-assistant/frontend (github.com)

Maybe related. The issue with the new issue is that there is no work around. With the other bugs I can at least manually type and erase character by character.
The new bug is the end of doing anything in the Lovelace UI that involves editing yaml. There is no annoying work around. It no longer works.

Interesting thing is the Codemirror 6 site demos work fine on my iDevices. I can copy paste. I can put the cursor and type. I can delete with the backspace.

And yes, I know I always have to clear the cache before I assume something is broken.

Thinking about analytics–
FFMPEG is listed as #6 top installed integration. In my case I had only once enabled ffmpeg via configuration.yaml for testing something. I removed it and do not use it but in Configuration-General-Info it’s still listed in my Integrations list. Not a clue how to clean it out. Up until this update Google Cast had been listed there too even though I don’t have that installed, maybe it was auto-discovered because of a TV on my network but never installed by me. Just makes me wonder about things skewing the data.

The codemirror site is running the latest and greatest, I don’t believe it’s been built into HA yet. So this will likely get fixed when that gets merged. People are aware of this so it won’t be forgotten, but there is no time table for the update.

1 Like

Also in the companion app (latest iPadOS) it‘s not possible anymore to edit text/code.

I had same problem with “esphome requires python ‘>=3.7,<4.0’ but the running python is 3.6.9” in the 1.16.2 instance of ESPHOME which I original installed from “ESPHome Home Assistant Add-Ons” store.

Now I uninstalled ESPHome it and re-installed it, but now from the Add-On store “Home Assistant Community Add-ons”.

This one is the same version 1.16.2 but it works without problems!

Hi guys.
Desperately seeking advice.
After almost 48 hrs of a 1.5 Gb db “migration” (???) from core 2021.4.3 on HassOS 5.13 running on RPi3B with SSD to core 2021 3.4 and resulted not “responding” HA UI I decided to get rid of data from database and make clean installation and restore from last snapshot of fully working HA. But seems to be no way, well, at least for me.
-after core recovery (revert back to 2021.4.3) => in loop reloading upper part of HomeAssistant login page
-after full recovery => indefinite ‘connection lost, connecting again …’ but Samba and Mosquitto work
-after clean install, recovery of addons, manual installation of all particular custom_components it works, once I add config files, check config and reboot it is getting irresponsive again.

Is there any way how to go back to core 2021.4.3 on Hassos 5.13 and have back my last working configuration?

OMG, love the pentair integration, I’ve been wanting this for a few years now. Thank you @dieselRabbit!!

2 Likes

Can we get automation IDs automatically set for automations pulled in using the include_dir_list directive? Filename / path of the automation should be unique. Manual overrides in the form of explicit id could be allowed. Thoughts?

The unique I’d are created when the automation is created using the automation editor. Outside of this you need to add manually like the automation itself was. People in the past have been unhappy when HA has added stuff or changed the contents of files that were manually created so I doubt this will change.