2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

This feature is GENIUS !!!

Thank you so MUCH @emontnemery @thomasloven @balloob @bramkragten !

yeah, I’m having similar issue…
I used cli to upgrae to 4.2…but still have this:

Hello,
after the update everything works correctly but the xiaomi_miio integration is problematic, the logs are full of errors

Logger: homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio
Source: components/xiaomi_miio/__init__.py:98
Integration: Xiaomi Miio (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:39:53 (1105 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:11:54

Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright

2021-04-10 13:12:37 ERROR (SyncWorker_61) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright
2021-04-10 13:12:44 ERROR (SyncWorker_63) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright
2021-04-10 13:12:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_31) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright
2021-04-10 13:12:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_42) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright
2021-04-10 13:12:57 ERROR (SyncWorker_62) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright
2021-04-10 13:13:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [homeassistant.components.xiaomi_miio] Got exception while fetching the state: Got an exception while sending command get_bright

The mistakes don’t stop …

After upgrade 5h Db not working .every restart is long 3-4 hours.rpi3 + ssd.going back on old version.

Anybody else experiencing issues with the Automations tab not being visible or automations not running since the last update?

Looking into the logs I see this:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/device_automation/__init__.py:86 
First occurred: 13:41:37 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 13:41:37

Error during setup of component automation
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 83, in async_get_device_automation_platform
    integration = await async_get_integration_with_requirements(hass, domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/requirements.py", line 52, in async_get_integration_with_requirements
    integration = await async_get_integration(hass, domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 553, in async_get_integration
    raise IntegrationNotFound(domain)
homeassistant.loader.IntegrationNotFound: Integration '' not found.

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 240, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 219, in async_setup
    if not await _async_process_config(hass, config, component):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 623, in _async_process_config
    await async_validate_config_item(hass, raw_config),
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 81, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_ACTION] = await script.async_validate_actions_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 232, in async_validate_actions_config
    return await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 276, in async_validate_action_config
    choose_conf[CONF_SEQUENCE] = await async_validate_actions_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 232, in async_validate_actions_config
    return await asyncio.gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 247, in async_validate_action_config
    platform = await device_automation.async_get_device_automation_platform(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/__init__.py", line 86, in async_get_device_automation_platform
    raise InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig(
homeassistant.components.device_automation.exceptions.InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig: Integration '' not found

Re: Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: Secrets not supported in this YAML file

I have used the Check Configuration (against 2014.4.3) and get the same result. I’m not using lovelave_gen or dwains dashboard. I have checked all the YAML files in /Config for a reference to Secret. Could the problem be with existing addon integrations?

I’ve opened an issue. You can add logs if you want to help.

The log shows, that an integration wasn’t found.
Did you check all your integrations. Are they all available?

Maybe it should be mentioned, that with 2021.3.4 I manually have to reload MET.no after every HA restart. So the issue might be older. Running HA OS on an raspb3+

almost slipped by, but I see we now can filter log messages https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/logger/#log-filters

this might be the only option on the terribly annoying NMBS integration errors that are not to be avoided (issue in Github has been there for ages, and wont get resolved any time soon I fear)

this is in the logs, in many variants daily, mostly during the night, but also randomly at daytime

2021-04-10 09:27:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.brussel_noord_essen fails
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 292, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 498, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nmbs/sensor.py", line 272, in update
    if connections is None or not connections["connection"]:
KeyError: 'connection'
2021-04-10 09:34:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.essen_brussel_noord fails
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 292, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 498, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nmbs/sensor.py", line 272, in update

How could I filter that given the fact that the main Error is on homeassistant.helpers.entity but the significant bit is at the end:

and the KeyError is not always identical ? eg

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/nmbs/sensor.py", line 155, in update
    if liveboard is None or not liveboard["departures"]:
KeyError: 'departures'

thanks for having a look, hope this can be done.

Same here. I have upgraded yesterday to 2021.4.2 using Supervisor. Everything seemed to be OK. No update pending message.
Then this morning, I get this:

Should I click on “Update” ?
I have this only on one of my HA. The other HA still shows that the Newest Version is 2021.4.2 (while indeed 2021.4.3 has been released) ???

I had to replace all secrets in my configuration files with their actual values before I could pass a config check to 2021.4.x.

No do not downgrade, not needed. Just wait for this bug to be solved

Related feature request:

Are you sure that’s not an old dev version?
I’m pretty sure the Dev repo isn’t needed anymore

Guess we are not the only ones. @cdrom1028 was kind enough to open an issue here:

1 Like

Yes and no… before it was sufficient to use “dev”. But now the official documentation states to do so:

Any hope the severe bugs related to IOS get addressed?

It is impossible to edit anything on IOS. The minute you need to type anything in a code window you cannot. You can only view and click in the UI. The minute want to change something you get stuck because you cannot edit text in any place that uses code editor. That is developer tools. Any editing of Lovelace cards. It is all broken. It seems like the code has lost the position of the cursor and think it is on first line first character because when you set the cursor at the end of a line, the backspace is ignored and if you type letters the cursor jumps to start of a line and it all goes garbage. You cannot even work around it. It is broken in a way you cannot use it at all

1 Like

No problems here on iOS. Your issue is also 3 days old. You’re going to have to be a little more patient. Even if a fix is found and delivered, it wouldn’t be til next release.

EDIT: I’m fully up to date: iOS 14.4.2. I’m able to edit any text box without issue. I can edit the yaml boxes, normal fields, template editor. I tried this on safari, chrome, and the companion app.

My worry is that noone has taken ownership of the bug report. And the experience here is that either a bug gets assigned and fixed quickly or it gets ignored at it moves to page two of the list of bugs.

I am puzzled you say it works. I wonder what you tried. And I would like others to confirm this.

Try these steps (they are in the github)

View ny lovelace tab ob which you have at least one card.

Click Edit Dashboard

Hit Edit on a card. It can be a simple entity card with a few lines

Click Show Code Editor

Click so the cursor is at the end of a line. E.g. the 2nd line.

Let us assume you want to delete the last word. So hit back space. What happens? Nothing!

With the cursor still at the end of a line try and type 4-5 letters. Do you one letter correct and then see the cursor jump to the first position of the first line and the letters you type are added there and not where your cursor was?

You can also try and click in the middle of any line. Does backspace work?

Without the ability to delete any characters and only being able to type anything before the existing text, you cannot practically do anything

It is any feature that uses the code editor that is broken. Same in the developer tools that accept yaml. You can type in other types of text entry fields.

Note this issue was introduced in 2021.4.0. It worked fine before.

Can someone with IOS confirm what I describe here?