2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

It’s all set, I factory reset it and changed the batteries and that appears to have done the trick.

Problem maintains on 2021.4.3

“Failed to parse response with JSON mimetype”

Even removing, deleting icloud folder, and reinstalling integration.

Updated to core-2021.4.3 and I’m getting:

The speed_list [] does not contain any valid speeds.

When I try to set speed on my miio air purifiers (2s and pro). Anyone else having this issue?

I had to do a full server reboot for this to show up properly, not just a HA reboot

@Eddie46848 in case you haven’t found a solution yet, the following worked for me:

1 Like

Possibly related. Edit YAML still broken on iOS with code mirror 6 (copy, paste, replace issues) · Issue #8542 · home-assistant/frontend (github.com)

Maybe related. The issue with the new issue is that there is no work around. With the other bugs I can at least manually type and erase character by character.
The new bug is the end of doing anything in the Lovelace UI that involves editing yaml. There is no annoying work around. It no longer works.

Interesting thing is the Codemirror 6 site demos work fine on my iDevices. I can copy paste. I can put the cursor and type. I can delete with the backspace.

And yes, I know I always have to clear the cache before I assume something is broken.

Thinking about analytics–
FFMPEG is listed as #6 top installed integration. In my case I had only once enabled ffmpeg via configuration.yaml for testing something. I removed it and do not use it but in Configuration-General-Info it’s still listed in my Integrations list. Not a clue how to clean it out. Up until this update Google Cast had been listed there too even though I don’t have that installed, maybe it was auto-discovered because of a TV on my network but never installed by me. Just makes me wonder about things skewing the data.

The codemirror site is running the latest and greatest, I don’t believe it’s been built into HA yet. So this will likely get fixed when that gets merged. People are aware of this so it won’t be forgotten, but there is no time table for the update.

1 Like

Also in the companion app (latest iPadOS) it‘s not possible anymore to edit text/code.

I had same problem with “esphome requires python ‘>=3.7,<4.0’ but the running python is 3.6.9” in the 1.16.2 instance of ESPHOME which I original installed from “ESPHome Home Assistant Add-Ons” store.

Now I uninstalled ESPHome it and re-installed it, but now from the Add-On store “Home Assistant Community Add-ons”.

This one is the same version 1.16.2 but it works without problems!

Hi guys.
Desperately seeking advice.
After almost 48 hrs of a 1.5 Gb db “migration” (???) from core 2021.4.3 on HassOS 5.13 running on RPi3B with SSD to core 2021 3.4 and resulted not “responding” HA UI I decided to get rid of data from database and make clean installation and restore from last snapshot of fully working HA. But seems to be no way, well, at least for me.
-after core recovery (revert back to 2021.4.3) => in loop reloading upper part of HomeAssistant login page
-after full recovery => indefinite ‘connection lost, connecting again …’ but Samba and Mosquitto work
-after clean install, recovery of addons, manual installation of all particular custom_components it works, once I add config files, check config and reboot it is getting irresponsive again.

Is there any way how to go back to core 2021.4.3 on Hassos 5.13 and have back my last working configuration?

OMG, love the pentair integration, I’ve been wanting this for a few years now. Thank you @dieselRabbit!!

2 Likes

Can we get automation IDs automatically set for automations pulled in using the include_dir_list directive? Filename / path of the automation should be unique. Manual overrides in the form of explicit id could be allowed. Thoughts?

The unique I’d are created when the automation is created using the automation editor. Outside of this you need to add manually like the automation itself was. People in the past have been unhappy when HA has added stuff or changed the contents of files that were manually created so I doubt this will change.

I know lots of people have already done the 2021.4.X upgrade including the database migration, but I wanted to add my data point on the database migration in case people like me were waiting.

Synology DS1515+ (Intel C2538 2.4GHz Quad Core)
DSM 6.2.4-25556 / Docker 18.09.0-0519
HA Container 2021.4.3
MariaDB 10.5.1 (Official Container Image)
Database Size ~ 7.8Gb
Monitoring with phpMyAdmin (Official Container Image)

Started new HA Container and DB upgrade took just shy of 7 hours. Frontend came up and best of all the states of things like my manual alarm panel were properly restored.

Hi,
The upgrade breaks mysql connection with an old server (Server version: 5.1.73). It worked with the previous one, then HA cannot start normally.
Log is in Cannot connect to (old) mysql after April update · Issue #49096 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I might not be an advanced enough user for this, but has anyone else seen these info loggings, (which I have never seen before):

2021-04-12 09:09:53 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off get_scenarios(...) for 0.8s (aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected)

it’s there on each restart now.

Very nice to see stats of how most users uses HA.

Is there a way to see my own stats in my Configuration → Info page? For easy direct comparison against Analytics average page.

• Number of integrations (with/without internal)
  • Number of entities
  • Number of automations

Try this in the template editor:

{%- for d in states | groupby('domain') %}
{{ d[0] }} - {{ states[d[0]] | count  }}
{%- endfor %}

More here:

2 Likes