2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

The unique I’d are created when the automation is created using the automation editor. Outside of this you need to add manually like the automation itself was. People in the past have been unhappy when HA has added stuff or changed the contents of files that were manually created so I doubt this will change.

I know lots of people have already done the 2021.4.X upgrade including the database migration, but I wanted to add my data point on the database migration in case people like me were waiting.

Synology DS1515+ (Intel C2538 2.4GHz Quad Core)
DSM 6.2.4-25556 / Docker 18.09.0-0519
HA Container 2021.4.3
MariaDB 10.5.1 (Official Container Image)
Database Size ~ 7.8Gb
Monitoring with phpMyAdmin (Official Container Image)

Started new HA Container and DB upgrade took just shy of 7 hours. Frontend came up and best of all the states of things like my manual alarm panel were properly restored.

Hi,
The upgrade breaks mysql connection with an old server (Server version: 5.1.73). It worked with the previous one, then HA cannot start normally.
Log is in Cannot connect to (old) mysql after April update · Issue #49096 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I might not be an advanced enough user for this, but has anyone else seen these info loggings, (which I have never seen before):

2021-04-12 09:09:53 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off get_scenarios(...) for 0.8s (aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError: Server disconnected)

it’s there on each restart now.

Very nice to see stats of how most users uses HA.

Is there a way to see my own stats in my Configuration → Info page? For easy direct comparison against Analytics average page.

• Number of integrations (with/without internal)
  • Number of entities
  • Number of automations

Try this in the template editor:

{%- for d in states | groupby('domain') %}
{{ d[0] }} - {{ states[d[0]] | count  }}
{%- endfor %}

More here:

2 Likes

That’s info, not an error

ok, edited in the message

other than correcting that, would you know what it refers to?

this is a known issues, mysql requires at least 5.7

Did you solve this?
I recently have had the same issue.
Removed the integration and readd did not help.
But after that, I had to reconfigure mode and language. After that, it was fixed by magic :smiley:
I love those self healing issue… not.

Same here. I raised the issue on Github and was told (rather rudely) to fix my template… :roll_eyes:

Can you provide a link to the github issue you raised?

don’t use the states object, just feed the entity_id to expand.

{{ expand('group.echos') ...

Thanks for the tip. I just tried this in the Dev Tools-> Template
{{ expand(group.echos) }}
and it says UndefinedError: ‘group’ is undefined
However {{expand(states.group.echos}} works without errors.
And Dev Tools-> group.echos does list out all the entity_ids in its attributes.
Wonder what else to try?

I also have this problem and get the same error codes in the home-assistant.log file. Did you find a solution to this?

Yes, look at my example, then what you wrote. You’ll notice they don’t match. Hint: You’re missing characters.

Ah yes…thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also replied on your github issue, if you don’t understand the fixes make a forum post and tag me.

Again, thanks for your help. I just tried the expand('group.echos') in my config ( then rebooted HA). The template works, but still get the same log entry warning…Template variable warning: No first item, sequence was empty. when rendering.

Then it’s coming from the | first filter. You can probably safely ignore that warning without any repercussion. Otherwise you’ll have to check if there’s items in the list before collecting them.

1 Like