2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

That’s info, not an error

ok, edited in the message

other than correcting that, would you know what it refers to?

this is a known issues, mysql requires at least 5.7

Did you solve this?
I recently have had the same issue.
Removed the integration and readd did not help.
But after that, I had to reconfigure mode and language. After that, it was fixed by magic :smiley:
I love those self healing issue… not.

Same here. I raised the issue on Github and was told (rather rudely) to fix my template… :roll_eyes:

Can you provide a link to the github issue you raised?

don’t use the states object, just feed the entity_id to expand.

{{ expand('group.echos') ...

Thanks for the tip. I just tried this in the Dev Tools-> Template
{{ expand(group.echos) }}
and it says UndefinedError: ‘group’ is undefined
However {{expand(states.group.echos}} works without errors.
And Dev Tools-> group.echos does list out all the entity_ids in its attributes.
Wonder what else to try?

I also have this problem and get the same error codes in the home-assistant.log file. Did you find a solution to this?

Yes, look at my example, then what you wrote. You’ll notice they don’t match. Hint: You’re missing characters.

Ah yes…thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also replied on your github issue, if you don’t understand the fixes make a forum post and tag me.

Again, thanks for your help. I just tried the expand('group.echos') in my config ( then rebooted HA). The template works, but still get the same log entry warning…Template variable warning: No first item, sequence was empty. when rendering.

Then it’s coming from the | first filter. You can probably safely ignore that warning without any repercussion. Otherwise you’ll have to check if there’s items in the list before collecting them.

1 Like

I believe a fix is in the works, best to keep an eye on this thread -

1 Like

This may be more helpful:

https://github.com/custom-components/alexa_media_player/issues/1236

Is everybody using MySQL (or maybe Maria DB) for the database? I thought since the whole Oracle thing a lot of people moved to Postgres.

When I read about something like 7 hours for a 1.x GB database I got really afraid. My database ist 54 GB (on a slow server with a Skylake Pentium but at least on a SSD) and I thougth “well one week without HA or a database reset”. But it looks like that (this time) the migration was something that was easy for PostgreSQL to do. Took only a few minutes.

Not sure how long it will take.
I had a mySQL version lower then 5.7, which turned out to take forever…(killed it after 17hrs)

1 Like

well, tbh, I am not sure this is about the new template rendering, but Ive never seen this before, so please forgive me if this should go elsewhere:

Suddenly a few of my calibrated temp sensors (Hue core + an input_number) have huge precision, while the individual sensor and number have only 2 decimals. I know I can round(2) these, but should I really, or is this a bug:

{{states('sensor.driveway_buiten_sensor_temperature')|float +
             states('input_number.temp_calibration')|float}}

{{states('sensor.driveway_buiten_sensor_temperature')|float}}

{{states('input_number.temp_calibration')|float}}

1 Like

I believe what you are seeing there is a result of what is known as Machine Epsilon.

Someone else had encountered it and reported it as an Issue. It was also due to machine epsilon.
“input_number.increment” uses wrong step size · Issue #48770 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

3 Likes