2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

Yep, it all works for me. Backspace, any letters. Are you sure you’re not on an old device?

I can confirm the card editor has text-editing bugs. I tried selecting existing text to overwrite it but whatever I type is entered backwards. In other words, if I type the word hello it gets entered as olleh.

(Using latest Firefox browser on Ubuntu 20.04.)

highlighting and overwriting/deleting has never worked on IOS with the platform that is used to display text. We’ve been waiting roughly 2 years for that project to fully implement these abilities in iOS. Regular backspacing and typing letters will work.

EDIT: Let me find the name of the project. It’s code… something.

EDIT: CodeMirror is the project.

Thanks 123. Now we are 3 (also one on the github bug) that see it.
I have tried on my iPad Pro (fully up to date). My iPhone SE (latest model, fully up to date) and my wifes iPad. And several browsers beyond Safari.

Good to know but I wasn’t using an iOS device. Problem was encountered with 2021.4.0 in Firefox browser on Ubuntu. Deleting the text first, then entering the new text was how I worked around the problem.

It worked fine in 2021.3.any, Petro. And noone expects advanced editing features. But a simple backspace to delete character by character always worked. And as I say and 123 sees, it seems the problem is a bug in the cursor position code.

1 Like

well you’re in luck, it just started happening for me. However, it’s still codemirror and we are at their mercy.

1 Like

123 I did not get you see it on Ubuntu.

The problem on IOS is there the keyboard has no delete button. Only backspace. There is no way to delete text. And cursor jumping to first line when you type totally goof up the typing.

1 Like

How about reverting back to the previous working version of code mirror then?

That’s always an option, I’ll defer that to the people who may know more about this than I do.

1 Like

Same issue for me. Thanks

Same error here when I ran the check config add on. Also not using either of the mentioned add ons. I tried upgrading from 2012.3.4 to 2012.4.3 and lost a majority of my entities as well as my legacy zwave. Luckily I always do a VM snapshot in VBox before major upgrades so I dropped back. It would be great if the error listed the offending secret in YAML.

Hello,
my zwave fibaro button FGPB-101 was perfectly working before the 2021.4 update. I was triggering automation using zwave_event. Now, nothing happens using the event ‘zwave_js_value_notification’ or ’ zwave_js_notification.
When I listen for ‘zwave_js_value_notification’ in the developper tool there is no notification.

That’s an interesting way of phrasing that.

I don’t think that @KennethLavrsen suddenly now feels lucky.

I think you should probably now feel unlucky, as well.

:wink:

1 Like

It’s luck if a dev can reproduce it, without that you wouldn’t get fixes :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve got a GoControl (GC-TBZ48) zwave thermostat, after updating to 201.4 the temperature gets stuck/ does not update. What’s interesting, if I removed the node and add it back, it does pass the current temperature but future changes aren’t shown. Any ideas? Is this a known bug? Seems like z-wave states aren’t polling like before for certain devices.

This a great update, just want to say thanks to all the devs! The new automation debugging feature is fantastic! Totally smooth update, my db is only 154 MB and it didn’t slow down my update in any noticeable way (HAOS on Proxmox on an older NUC). I’ve enabled statistics and it’s really fun to see the data and the map. Also want to say thanks for the Launch Party video, because I found that really helpful to learn about the new features. Great job all around! :star:

1 Like

I have that same model, it’s working fine. Only idea I have it to check the batteries if you’re not running on wired power, I think this type of thing starts happening when the batteries run low?

@fribse Seems this is a known issue.

The database migration in 2021.4 uses fractional datetimes. (the DATETIME column with the 6 in your error message).

That feature was introduced in MySQL 5.6.4 in December 2011. while it would be nice if the HA devs added a note about this in the release notes one has to admit that you are using of software that is nearly 10 years old.

So: just update MySQL.

see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6-4.html#mysqld-5-6-4-fractional-seconds

Ticket has been closed

Nice easy upgrade, love it. TY!

One request. When sorting automations by last triggered, default is OLDEST first. I would guess that most people want to see the MOST RECENT at the top. It’s only a single extra click to execute this - but request would be, on the first click, to sort by MOST RECENT first.

1 Like