2021.4: For our advanced users ❤️

I’m getting ‘The configuration check did not pass!’ with the same error prior to the upgrade when I use the check_config addon.
Not sure what I need to fix before upgrading.
Am currently running core-2021.3.4 / supervisor-2021.03.9 / HassOS 5.3

thanks Taras, I’ve added to that issue. As said there, because of the floats, I apparently am forced to use the |round(2) (dont convert it to a string, because I need to build further logic on these numbers elsewhere in the system. I don’t yet understand when this happens…Only 2 or 3 out of 23 templates show this behavior (for as far as I have noticed)

I saw your posts and already more than one issue in GitHub on this.

Is the solved in the meantime on .4.4 or still open? I’m not able to update to 2021.4.x without being still able to edit on iOS devices.

It is and was already a pain that I was and am only able to copy&paste single yaml lines in iOS App, even if I select several ones, but not being able to edit at all is a showstopper.

today i wake up with 11gb of log, i’m tryingg to see what is inside.

I can see states being persisted in the recorder DB even though there are no changes.
This started with 2021.4 I think.
These are MQTT messages coming from Tasmota telemetry data published every 2 minutes.

A release for advanced users that needed zero advanced steps from me. Thank you for a great release.

My DB upgrade went flawlessly and took only 42s for a 1.32GB Postgres DB. This is 7 days’ history tracking about 400 states. I almost thought something was wrong!

This is a dual core 1.8GHz Intel Celeron system with 2GB memory running HA core in a Python venv.

1 Like

Breaking changes for Broadlink custom component for the S1c alarm kit? Tried several times but it failed to work.
Rolling back to 2021.3.4 for now until I have more time to look at the issue.
Unless it will be fixed in the next release?

Problem is not fixed.
And I do not see any dev being assigned yet. I would be less concerned if someone had taken ownership of it - even if the forecast for a fix is in a month

This issue affects me as well on an iPhone 11Xs with 14.4.2. Bram checked in something CodeMirror related yesterday, for what it’s worth:

I’ve solved installing the 2021.4.3

Thanks

IMHO Add-on (including HACS) usage statistics also very interesting/valuable.

HACS is not an add-on.

Isn’t that a pedantic comment?

I believe the post was about being able to see HACS add-ons in the Analytic data which would be good.

But I may be wrong about Masterzz post, either way (even though you are correct) I don’t perceive your comment as positive.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s really important to call things by their real names though! Add-ons and integrations are/do completely different things.

There are no HACS add-ons either, these are (custom) integrations.

Have a look at the open feature request ;-).
Add statistics for custom integrations on Home Assistant Analytics - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

Fair comment

Thanks

New messages - it is fine, BUT…

• there is no pointer to - which input_boolean, which template…
    How do I guess template names ?
    HELP.
2021-04-13 18:18:54 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of input_boolean is taking over 10 seconds.
2021-04-13 18:19:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'linkquality' when rendering '{{ value_json.linkquality }}'
2021-04-13 18:19:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'linkquality' when rendering '{{ value_json.linkquality }}'
2021-04-13 18:19:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'battery_low' when rendering '{{ value_json.battery_low }}'
2021-04-13 18:19:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.template] Template variable warning: 'dict object' has no attribute 'tamper' when rendering '{{ value_json.tamper }}'

Search your config for the template that’s listed…

I mean, custom-components (may be wrongly named 'add-on’s by me), installed by HACS.