2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

I deleted the DB and restarted HA. Now it’s 24hours later and still get the temporary files updating every minute…

This update seems to have introduced several issues with my smart lights. I’m using some RGBWW lights that were originally Tuya but flashed with ESPHome and integrated with home assistant. Before my lights were working perfectly with the option color_interlock set to true in the lights config, when I would click on a RGB color on the color wheel it would automatically know not to use the white leds so that the color would come through properly. With the new update regardless of the color_interlock boolean in ESPHome clicking on an RGB color on the wheel leaves the white leds on so the lights just seem white with maybe a slight tint of color. Now there are two additional brightness bars under the color tab “Color brightness” and “White brightness” and I need to manually set the white brightness to zero each time I change the light in order to get the appropriate color. When I adjust the color temp it seems to automatically know to only use the white leds and appropriately adjusts the temp as normal but again switching back to RGB color requires manually adjust the white leds down to zero. Ideally the lights would work so that in color mode when not using the center/white option it would set the white brightness to zero so that I could simply click on the color I want the lights to be. Oh, it also seems to have broken the adaptive lighting custom component but I think someone already addressed that. Unfortunately this update didn’t do much for me but make my lights clunkier, dumber, and less user-friendly.

I have the same issue with RGBW lights running ESPhome and the color_interlock. Adaptive lighting was fixed but due to the white LED in the RGBW coming on, it ruins the effect.

Not sure how to overcome it yet unless its a matter of ESPhome being updated to fix the color_interlock.

1 Like

I had the same thing happen. My USBHZB could not be found by my RPi.

Hi,
Have yeelight bulb and before it is worked perfect with HA.
Some latest updates, after HA restart the bulb not working until I switch off then on manually. What is the problem? After restart always must do this off and on process again.
How can I solve this problem?

Thank You.

Well I did the update before seeing this warning and now recorder, history, and logbook is broken. Any clue how to fix it?

EDIT: There is a thread here about the problem:

Below are the errors regarding SQL:

Logger: homeassistant.components.recorder
Source: components/recorder/__init__.py:813
Integration: recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:14:30 PM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:14:56 PM

Error during connection setup to mssql+pyodbc://sa:[email protected]/HASSIO?charset=utf8;DRIVER={FreeTDS};Port=1433;: (pyodbc.InterfaceError) ('IM002', '[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)') (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/14/rvf5) (retrying in 3 seconds)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3208, in _wrap_pool_connect
    return fn()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 301, in connect
    return _ConnectionFairy._checkout(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 761, in _checkout
    fairy = _ConnectionRecord.checkout(pool)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 419, in checkout
    rec = pool._do_get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/impl.py", line 145, in _do_get
    self._dec_overflow()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/langhelpers.py", line 70, in __exit__
    compat.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 211, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/impl.py", line 142, in _do_get
    return self._create_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 247, in _create_connection
    return _ConnectionRecord(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 362, in __init__
    self.__connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 605, in __connect
    pool.logger.debug("Error on connect(): %s", e)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/langhelpers.py", line 70, in __exit__
    compat.raise_(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/util/compat.py", line 211, in raise_
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 599, in __connect
    connection = pool._invoke_creator(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/create.py", line 578, in connect
    return dialect.connect(*cargs, **cparams)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 584, in connect
    return self.dbapi.connect(*cargs, **cparams)
pyodbc.InterfaceError: ('IM002', '[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)')

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py", line 557, in _setup_recorder
    self._setup_connection()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/__init__.py", line 813, in _setup_connection
    Base.metadata.create_all(self.engine)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/schema.py", line 4744, in create_all
    bind._run_ddl_visitor(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3074, in _run_ddl_visitor
    with self.begin() as conn:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2990, in begin
    conn = self.connect(close_with_result=close_with_result)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3162, in connect
    return self._connection_cls(self, close_with_result=close_with_result)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 92, in __init__
    else engine.raw_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3241, in raw_connection
    return self._wrap_pool_connect(self.pool.connect, _connection)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3211, in _wrap_pool_connect
    Connection._handle_dbapi_exception_noconnection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 2061, in _handle_dbapi_exception_noconnection
    util.raise_(
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3208, in _wrap_pool_connect
    return fn()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 301, in connect
    return _ConnectionFairy._checkout(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 761, in _checkout
    fairy = _ConnectionRecord.checkout(pool)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 419, in checkout
    rec = pool._do_get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/impl.py", line 145, in _do_get
    self._dec_overflow()
    compat.raise_(
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/impl.py", line 142, in _do_get
    return self._create_connection()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 247, in _create_connection
    return _ConnectionRecord(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 362, in __init__
    self.__connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 605, in __connect
    pool.logger.debug("Error on connect(): %s", e)
    compat.raise_(
    raise exception
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 599, in __connect
    connection = pool._invoke_creator(self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/create.py", line 578, in connect
    return dialect.connect(*cargs, **cparams)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py", line 584, in connect
    return self.dbapi.connect(*cargs, **cparams)
sqlalchemy.exc.InterfaceError: (pyodbc.InterfaceError) ('IM002', '[IM002] [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)')
(Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/14/rvf5)

Why, since the update to 2021.5 release i have always the database temporary files updating every minute? Is this a choice of the update or something wrong on my side? Before 2021.5 release never had this behaviour.

Schermata 2021-05-19 alle 12.24.12

Yep, it is normal as I was told on HA Discord. For speed WAL mode is implemented in SQLite: https://sqlite.org/wal.html So Your recorder writes data to sql every 60 sec.
Best, JR

Has anyone seen this error after upgrading to hassio version core-2021.5.4 on a Raspi 4?
It’s showing up in log every 2 mins :unamused:

21-05-19 16:39:45 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-1583' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py", line 62, in _wrap_task
    await task.coro_callback()
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/tasks.py", line 416, in _watchdog_addon_application
    if addon.in_progress or await addon.watchdog_application():
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 479, in watchdog_application
    return await self.sys_run_in_executor(check_port, self.ip_address, port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/utils/__init__.py", line 43, in check_port
    result = sock.connect_ex((str(address), port))
TypeError: an integer is required (got type str)
3 Likes

me too could be some add-on ?

21-05-19 16:41:45 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-19576' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/tasks.py", line 416, in _watchdog_addon_application
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 479, in watchdog_application
2 Likes

But this behaviour of writing to sd card every 60 secs will have impact on the sd card life more than before?

Also having theses errors:

21-05-19 17:47:12 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-2665' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>
1 Like

Me too :frowning:
I’ve tried to disable all integrations (exept Supervisor) and all automations - nothing helped

21-05-19 18:06:40 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-12222' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>

Got a similar issue, nothing I try stops this or fixes it.

21-05-19 18:26:13 ERROR (MainThread) [asyncio] Task exception was never retrieved
future: <Task finished name='Task-3543531' coro=<Scheduler._run_task.<locals>._wrap_task() done, defined at /usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/misc/scheduler.py:58> exception=TypeError('an integer is required (got type str)')>

Just updated from 2021.5.2. to 2021.5.5. My dashboard disappeared???

I’m back to the default.

Yep getting this issue as well. Maybe time to go back a version.

seems to be related to supervisor, so downgrading core won’t help. but it should be fixed according to Release 2021.05.1 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

1 Like

I pulled it out of a snapshot. info here: How to restore a Lovelace dashboard?

Thanks for the responses! I figured I wasn’t alone

Thanks, didn’t realise I’d had a recent supervisor update since still on a 2021.4 version. Only started today as far as I can tell, and I’d updated file editor, mqtt and core.

My installation doesn’t see the supervisor releases 2021.05.0 or 2021.05.1, in the GUI it doesn’t present an update option and from the CLI (ha supervisor update) it states the latest release is still 2021.04.3.

supervisor